AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-28, 11:53   Link #641
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

definitely a solid series. chiyuki choose the opposite road from Mayu. the house scene was rather well done. kudos for showing that every life matters. one of the better shows of the season, no doubt.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 14:00   Link #642
moodie

ok that last episode made me bump my rating from a 7 to an 8 wow just wow that cinematography, those emotions, the way they handled that scene, the music, how everything came together. im surprised. that last episode was one hell of a saving grace

Last edited by moodie; 2015-03-28 at 15:16.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 16:24   Link #643
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Than it would be more accurate to say, Artibers only have a part of the spectrum of human emotions.
I think so, too, and that's probably limited to one or two spectrums. For instance, Ginty is by far the most hyperactive 'doll" and even he seems to fluctuate between "angered" and 'uninterested", unable to show anything different. What's-his-name elevator guy can't take off that creepy smile on his face and reacts the same way to everything. And etc.

Decim being a seemingly "blank" person was probably what made him different to begin, as we didn't see another named character acting like him, and he could fill that void with actual emotions.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 19:53   Link #644
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 12 [END]

On the next stop of great finales this week...

What can I say? What wonderful ending to one of best shows to come in the last couple seasons. I don't think Chiyuki's judgement and closure could have been handled any better in context of what DP has been about up to now. Even up until the end, Death Parade continued to surprise me week in and out on direction the show would go. When I first started this I had expected mostly episodic vignettes and some bits of plot thrown in at the end, but this turned out to much greater. This emotionally charged week could not worked without those once seemingly disconnected stories. I still don't know if would call this one of my favorites, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and that's enough for me at present.

Overall 9/10
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 20:45   Link #645
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice done with such a wonderful ending

8/10 now thats a smile
Old 2015-03-29, 01:51   Link #646
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
A great ending to this awesome series by Madhouse! Glad I watched this series!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 04:08   Link #647
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I picked up this show after hearing about it throught he grape vine. I ate it all up. Especially the ending was very powerful.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 17:43   Link #648
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Late for the party and, while I really liked the series as a whole, the ending left me with lots of mixed feelings.

Sure, Chiyuki and Decim's scenes were poweful and I have absolutely no complaint in that regard. OTOH, all the sub plot with Nona's scheme against the old man was pretty much flushed down to the drain.
It isn't like I expected a "rebellion against god" and things like that, but considering the statut quo is left intact, the whole thing with Nona felt almost meaningless because her actions didn't lead to anything except a slight change in Decim.
Fundamentally speaking, I have hard time to consider the point of Nona's plot considering how it ended, and it just felt... "there" for some reason.

Frankly, I think they could have exploited other points like Ginti's way of handling things, a stark antipode to Decim which would make the whole point about "judging someone" more relevant than some sort of plot against an unmovable system. This would have been even more relevant after what Ginti did back in episode 11.

Anyway, an excellent series nonetheless.
Old 2015-04-03, 16:52   Link #649
ArrowSmith

I do feel the last episode was forcing the emotions a bit. All those tears could drown a city.

However the ice skating scene - beautiful. Never seen it animated so gorgeously before.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 17:29   Link #650
Malicre

Death Parade and Parasyte best animes of winter 2015
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 08:14   Link #651
Ghostfriendly

Watched the 1st two episodes, doubt I'll watch any more. The couple both failed every test of character blatantly. The goth chick's points at the end of ep2 were very superficial. If the woman could lie about her baby in such a pressured situation, and the judgement between reincarnation and void can be fallible (isn't void basically nirvana aka reward, anyway?) the whole game is nothing but a pointless monstrosity. Perhaps the point of the show will be to discover that, but I doubt it.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 12:59   Link #652
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's the first time I've seen this particular assessment, but whatever floats your boat.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depressing anime, psychological