AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2016-10-07, 01:10   Link #2621
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by gral View Post
The extension is to bypass the IP block?
Yes. If you really want to play it:

http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Registration
http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Play

Hopefully this helps.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 09:20   Link #2622
gral

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Yes. If you really want to play it:

http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/Registration
http://mla-sf.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Play

Hopefully this helps.
Thank you.
gral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 05:56   Link #2623
B214

A short preview on another route i think.
Old 2016-10-29, 08:18   Link #2624
Chibiloli

So anybody know what are the endings in Martyrs are now?
Old 2016-10-29, 10:13   Link #2625
B214

Apparently there are 4. True ending, Lise ending, Katia ending, Iris ending. Haven't played it yet, so can't tell how each ending turn out. But the LN/Anime ending = Katia ending.
Old 2016-10-30, 15:08   Link #2626
AKIKAN
Some Member

This has been bugging me for awhile. I can't find the video where Takeru and Hibiki team up to blow the HIVE in JFK mission in TDA03 anymore. It used to be on youtube. Now the coolest clip is when Takeru owned all French TSFs when he was saving Hibiki and co.

Seriously, I give zero crap about Schwarzemarken. I just want the continuation or the finished version of TDA with badass Takeru!
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 20:04   Link #2627
B214

It was removed due to copyright i believe.
Old 2016-10-30, 23:20   Link #2628
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

How was Iris ending turned out? But I'm certain Lise ending is a dark twist.

Remember the anime implied that bedding part? Guess what?
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-31, 00:13   Link #2629
B214

Iris ending is quite nice. I think it's better than Katia and Lise's route for what it's worth. As for Lise's route.

Spoiler for Iris:

Spoiler for Lise:
Old 2016-10-31, 02:42   Link #2630
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Iris ending is quite nice. I think it's better than Katia and Lise's route for what it's worth. As for Lise's route.

Spoiler for Iris:

Spoiler for Lise:
Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-31, 03:53   Link #2631
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-10-31, 04:00   Link #2632
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:

Spoiler for Iris:

Spoiler for Lise:
I suppose that among three, you can only choose one and doom the other two to die...

Wait! Did Katia and Irisdina also die in Lise's route? I saw the CG with Katia died from getting crushed by building debris.

Now that they're done with Schwarzemarken. I hope they'll start getting TDA done too. I want to know what happen to the rest of Takeru's squad, Kasumi and the shogun.

I also want to know what is the worse thing that's gonna come out after Operation Trident that Yuuko mentioned in her note before departing. More terrible strains of BETA besides Carrier-Class and Laser Fort-Class? I hope we'll see airbourne class soon!
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-31, 04:19   Link #2633
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
I suppose that among three, you can only choose one and doom the other two to die...

Wait! Did Katia and Irisdina also die in Lise's route? I saw the CG with Katia died from getting crushed by building debris.

Now that they're done with Schwarzemarken. I hope they'll start getting TDA done too. I want to know what happen to the rest of Takeru's squad, Kasumi and the shogun.

I also want to know what is the worse thing that's gonna come out after Operation Trident that Yuuko mentioned in her note before departing. More terrible strains of BETA besides Carrier-Class and Laser Fort-Class? I hope we'll see airbourne class soon!
Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure Kasumi is at another planet by the time of TDA. Maybe another giant tsunami or the Earth's atmosphere starts to disappear like the other half.
Old 2016-10-31, 05:23   Link #2634
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am sure Anett and Gretel survives in Lise route. DAMN!! Theo, you can't even save your imouto?!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-31, 06:36   Link #2635
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Soooo, what about Katia's route then?
Old 2016-10-31, 06:39   Link #2636
B214

Katia route = anime/LN.

Just 2 short clips uploaded by someone from 4chan.

http://sendvid.com/ku94vadb (Iris route)
http://sendvid.com/lz9fdhy1 (True route ending)

Enjoy.

Last edited by B214; 2016-10-31 at 08:27.
Old 2016-11-03, 03:05   Link #2637
LunarChain

I was just crunching numbers for the overall sales of age's games:
We know that they sold over 500,000 copies of their games. Not to mention 3 million figurines, and other hobby stuff.

If we take just the game copies sold and multiply their usual price (I'm assuming for the most part about the price, judging from their prices of several games which is 8,500 yen) we get roughly $41,410,000. That's in US dollars. I read that on average a game maker make 40%-60% per piece. So lets say their profit margin is an even 50%. That over $20,000,000, without taking into account figurine and other hobby sales like tsf kits. Why the fuck do I always hear that Age is always running on a tight budget and that they always cut corners? These guys are rich for what they do. Really so. Am I missing something here like some extra costs? Also, does anyone know were I can find how much copies of their latest VN, schwarzesmarken, has sold?
LunarChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-04, 07:46   Link #2638
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarChain View Post
Why the fuck do I always hear that Age is always running on a tight budget and that they always cut corners? These guys are rich for what they do. Really so. Am I missing something here like some extra costs? Also, does anyone know were I can find how much copies of their latest VN, schwarzesmarken, has sold?
It's a meme I guess. That, and Kouki spends it all on sports cars.

There's also many jokes about mismanagement (because of all the delays), so people like to say that they're always making poor business decisions.

The cutting corner things comes about because of TE. There were a lot of unexpected issues they ran into (like their main artist being a fraud) so they ended up shipping a half completed VN after many delays and breaking many fan expectations. It also comes about because some of their VNs end up being slightly disappointing, despite overall being good or even great. It's like they backed off from something incredible by playing it safe.

Finally, they do cut corners. You can chalk it up to intelligence or laziness, but it happens. There's things in Martyrs, for instances, that should have had more elaboration or even a CG, like character deaths. I still don't get how Beatrix died in Lise's route when her cockpit looked undamaged from the inside, or there was just taking her sprite and throwing red on it for her final speech during Katia's route and calling it a day. It makes pivotal moments look cheap. Actually, there's not as many new CGs as one should expect in their new game, and most of the TSF fighting looks pretty mediocre. Mixing in anime footage here and there is also distracting for me, but YMMV on that one.

There's also the perception that age is slightly greedy, or willing to sacrifice artistic vision for profit. Ixtl has been known to gate off important content that would put a story or character in a new light, much like some Video Game publishers are known to do with DLC. Sure, they'll hint about it and keep it mysterious, but they never elaborate upon it in the main story. Let's take SM for example again. Who would know who Martin Karrel was to Gretel unless you read her sidestory in Requiem? Without Sylwia's Requiem, you'd never know why she was such a distrustful jackass or so loyal to Irisdina. Ditto for Lise too. And let's not forget how everyone perceived Beatrix before Bernhard im Schatten (despite some hints such as Schmidt's taunts about her past). SM has an excuse for most of this as Theo is a very unreliable point of view character (and his interjections or musings can be dead wrong), and many of the characters are secretive and hide or even lie about their background or motives, but it still plays into the perception of putting profit first. This all ties back into the above about age cutting corners to save money.

And for sales, from some twitter reports, it looks to be doing pretty decent. It even looks like it boosted sales and interest in Bernhard im Schatten again after the anime wrecked it.

By the way, have you played the SM VNs yet? Have they changed your perception at all?
Marvelous Cnidarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-04, 08:32   Link #2639
LunarChain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Cnidarian View Post
It's a meme I guess. That, and Kouki spends it all on sports cars.

There's also many jokes about mismanagement (because of all the delays), so people like to say that they're always making poor business decisions.

The cutting corner things comes about because of TE. There were a lot of unexpected issues they ran into (like their main artist being a fraud) so they ended up shipping a half completed VN after many delays and breaking many fan expectations. It also comes about because some of their VNs end up being slightly disappointing, despite overall being good or even great. It's like they backed off from something incredible by playing it safe.

Finally, they do cut corners. You can chalk it up to intelligence or laziness, but it happens. There's things in Martyrs, for instances, that should have had more elaboration or even a CG, like character deaths. I still don't get how Beatrix died in Lise's route when her cockpit looked undamaged from the inside, or there was just taking her sprite and throwing red on it for her final speech during Katia's route and calling it a day. It makes pivotal moments look cheap. Actually, there's not as many new CGs as one should expect in their new game, and most of the TSF fighting looks pretty mediocre. Mixing in anime footage here and there is also distracting for me, but YMMV on that one.

There's also the perception that age is slightly greedy, or willing to sacrifice artistic vision for profit. Ixtl has been known to gate off important content that would put a story or character in a new light, much like some Video Game publishers are known to do with DLC. Sure, they'll hint about it and keep it mysterious, but they never elaborate upon it in the main story. Let's take SM for example again. Who would know who Martin Karrel was to Gretel unless you read her sidestory in Requiem? Without Sylwia's Requiem, you'd never know why she was such a distrustful jackass or so loyal to Irisdina. Ditto for Lise too. And let's not forget how everyone perceived Beatrix before Bernhard im Schatten (despite some hints such as Schmidt's taunts about her past). SM has an excuse for most of this as Theo is a very unreliable point of view character (and his interjections or musings can be dead wrong), and many of the characters are secretive and hide or even lie about their background or motives, but it still plays into the perception of putting profit first. This all ties back into the above about age cutting corners to save money.

And for sales, from some twitter reports, it looks to be doing pretty decent. It even looks like it boosted sales and interest in Bernhard im Schatten again after the anime wrecked it.

By the way, have you played the SM VNs yet? Have they changed your perception at all?
I see. So he is a rich a guy. There's something else I wanna know though: What is the relationship between ixtl and age? Also, what is Kouki's relationship to age? I always thought that he was the boss/owner, but on his twitter page it says he's a representative of ACID, which I found out to be age's parent company. So I really don't know what he does exactly over there. Not to mention that lately he hasn't shown up on age's weekend video streams. Did he leave the company? Any clarification over this would be great. Also, if you can quote some actual figures of the new VN sales it would really help out, or just tell me were to look.

I did play the VNs. They were good, but I think I agree with you about needing more event CGs.
LunarChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-04, 08:50   Link #2640
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarChain View Post
I see. So he is a rich a guy. There's something else I wanna know though: What is the relationship between ixtl and age? Also, what is Kouki's relationship to age? I always thought that he was the boss/owner, but on his twitter page it says he's a representative of ACID, which I found out to be age's parent company. So I really don't know what he does exactly over there. Not to mention that lately he hasn't shown up on age's weekend video streams. Did he leave the company? Any clarification over this would be great. Also, if you can quote some actual figures of the new VN sales it would really help out, or just tell me were to look.

I did play the VNs. They were good, but I think I agree with you about needing more event CGs.
I think ixtl is the publisher/stockholder, while age is the developer. And Kouki hasn't left the company, he's just busy. He still appears on the Night Fever segments when they have them, he just doesn't show up on Roar of Publicity. Real shame too, as Kouki made things way more fun.

As for responsibilities, Kouki is age's chief developer, one of their lead writers, and helped with the character/mechanical design back in the day. This was back when age wasn't apart of ixtl, so his responsibilities have probably shifted. He still acts as a manager or representative of age though.

And I wouldn't know where to look for sales. Sorry. I'll post it if I find it.

Kouki's lust for sports cars is a joke too by the way.

Last edited by Marvelous Cnidarian; 2016-11-04 at 10:34.
Marvelous Cnidarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto