AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 3 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 17.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-23, 01:57   Link #121
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
If it had a guy on the cover and a guy bought it, would you claim it as BL? I don't put my yuri goggles on all the time. If I do, it would be glorious. .
Yes I would see it as BL interest , as I am use to magazines featuring opposite sex generally especially for something like this that's how western culture markets such things 24/7 all the time unless it's something with some reason to appeal to same gender ie fashion/cloth/hairstyle/etc and this doesn't fall under that to me since it's about something romantic, so for me to see it as Hetero, yeah I'd need to see a guy on it which we don't therefor, she's canon gay to me, deal with it not sorry .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 04:50   Link #122
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotohono View Post
Yes I would see it as BL interest , as I am use to magazines featuring opposite sex generally especially for something like this that's how western culture markets such things 24/7 all the time unless it's something with some reason to appeal to same gender ie fashion/cloth/hairstyle/etc and this doesn't fall under that to me since it's about something romantic, so for me to see it as Hetero, yeah I'd need to see a guy on it which we don't therefor, she's canon gay to me, deal with it not sorry .
If the authors do think that way, then Riko's fetishes might be the closest they can ever get, to telling the audience what Riko's sexuality is. But if that's the case, her freaking out over Chika finding out her fetish suddenly takes an even more alarming dimension.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 08:04   Link #123
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotohono View Post
Referring to the part that I put in bold. Hmm, agreed on that. There are some fashion magazines at my workplace and female friends do like reading those.

Well, and it's a mystery to me why Riko freaked out when Chika is about to see her magazines.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2016-09-23 at 08:35.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 08:38   Link #124
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Well, and it's a mystery to me why Riko freaked out when Chika is about to see her magazines.
Because it's normal to want to hide your niche hobbys/interests.
Old 2016-09-23, 08:45   Link #125
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Referring to the part that I put in bold. Hmm, agreed on that. There are some fashion magazines at my workplace and female friends do like reading those.

It's precisely because Riko is freaked out that I think Kotohono is right about what those magazines/books are. If they're just fashion magazines, why would Chika care? Heck, they're school idols, they probably should be interested in latest fashions just to see if that can help in costume creations!

Chika probably took Riko's "I love you" in a platonic friendship way, Chika appears comfortable with that, and so Riko doesn't want to complicate matters by letting Chika think there might be more to it. And if Chika finds out that Riko is into yuri stuff...