Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-14, 23:20   Link #1681
dere_lover21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I don't think angelica is a doll at all, personally
Gil-kun said she is one catastrophic mud doll. so lets assume that she is a doll or more like a system to use the holy grail and the fact that she can spam multiple altered heroes and another thing that see can use that big ass cube in the sky. what is the role of tanaka then? Is she the personification of their world that want to die already rather than being filled with catastrophic mud.
dere_lover21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 00:40   Link #1682
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dere_lover21 View Post
Gil-kun said she is one catastrophic mud doll. so lets assume that she is a doll or more like a system to use the holy grail and the fact that she can spam multiple altered heroes and another thing that see can use that big ass cube in the sky. what is the role of tanaka then? Is she the personification of their world that want to die already rather than being filled with catastrophic mud.
Do you remember when it was that Gil-kun said that? I thought I remembered him referring to Erica when he said that. It's one of the reasons I had her pegged as Pandora (who in mythology was created from mud by Hephaestus and some of the other gods and goddesses).

Personally, I think she's a bit more human than the dolls Shirou fought in the War (she's certainly more lucid and sane, if the Matous are any clue), but not completely. I would guess that she and Beako are traditional homunculi, though maybe a bit more advanced (certainly more diverse looking) than the Einzbern variety.
Old 2016-09-15, 01:55   Link #1683
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

I don't think Angelica is anything more than a human being with her personality removed. Alas unlike other cases this seems to be more permanent.

I also don't think Erica is THE Pandora. Too much explanation would be needed on how a heroic spirit can exist in human form.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 02:24   Link #1684
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
I don't think Angelica is anything more than a human being with her personality removed. Alas unlike other cases this seems to be more permanent.

I also don't think Erica is THE Pandora. Too much explanation would be needed on how a heroic spirit can exist in human form.
She mentioned Pithos. Pithos means jar in Greek. In the original Pandora legend it wasn't a box but a jar.

When Gil heard laughed figuring Julian's goal wasn't just saving humanity. As filling the world with mud is contradictory to that.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 02:45   Link #1685
Idealist 99

Have anyone notice Tanaka's attachment to Illya ?
I mean , The first person she meets is Illya.
She also send her arms(Sword) to Illya.
She also act like Jealous little girl who angry at Erica for taking Illya attention.
I almost thought her to be someone Irisviel send to protect Illya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The last time Gil liked a girl he was more of a possessive stalker. Probably make Illya dress like Saber Lily.

Given his interactions with Kuro he may as well aim for twins. As of one point Illya and Kuro were one person.
That wasn't love , That was Lust !
Gilgamesh saw Saber more as a Trophy then love.

True Love is something Where Gilgamesh willing to do everything to make that person happy.
Even if that mean self-sacrifice his own happiness for that person.
Gilgamesh never felt that way for Saber , He was willing to make her suffer for his own selfish desire.
That's why it more fun to see Gil putting Illya happiness over everything since his other counterparts will never do that.
Old 2016-09-15, 04:19   Link #1686
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Gil-kun, from this very manga, says hi. So does Gilgamesh from FSN, and Mash Kyrielight from FGO.

The Ainsworths have been working toward their goal of saving the world for generations. You don't think they might have looked into ways to incarnate a Servant, particularly one they might be able to use as "a Pithos"? And there are any number of ways that can happen, as we've seen over the course of the various Fate properties. They could even come up with a new one. "Too much explanation"? What's a Fate story without a chapter or two of metaphysical discussion to explain why things are the way they are? They're even generally pretty good at doing it without grinding the storyline to a shuddering halt, like some other properties I could mention...

Besides. Who says she's a Heroic Spirit and not the actual Pandora? Gods do tend to make things to last, after all...

Oh, and Gil was referring to Erica when he called her a "catastrophic mud doll", as shown in today's episode. That's some pretty specific language, given the context...
Old 2016-09-15, 04:37   Link #1687
dere_lover21

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Gil-kun, from this very manga, says hi. So does Gilgamesh from FSN, and Mash Kyrielight from FGO.

The Ainsworths have been working toward their goal of saving the world for generations. You don't think they might have looked into ways to incarnate a Servant, particularly one they might be able to use as "a Pithos"? And there are any number of ways that can happen, as we've seen over the course of the various Fate properties. They could even come up with a new one. "Too much explanation"? What's a Fate story without a chapter or two of metaphysical discussion to explain why things are the way they are? They're even generally pretty good at doing it without grinding the storyline to a shuddering halt, like some other properties I could mention...

Besides. Who says she's a Heroic Spirit and not the actual Pandora? Gods do tend to make things to last, after all...

Oh, and Gil was referring to Erica when he called her a "catastrophic mud doll", as shown in today's episode. That's some pretty specific language, given the context...
so your saying that everything shall return to zero and start again? that given the myth's and legends and story coming for pandora. it's safe to say that they want to save the world by filling it with mud and returning it to zero?
Old 2016-09-15, 11:02   Link #1688
novalysis

I wonder. Can they expand on the Flashback arc to fill up a good chunk of 10 episodes, enough for Fate/Prisma to run again next Summer?

I do think they can potentially do it. One method, though the budget might not be able to take it, is to cover each and every fight Shirou has in the Miyuverse Holy Grail War, and through each fight show Shirou syncing more and more with Archer; rather than showing the first and last fight.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 11:42   Link #1689
GDB

They can easily fluff the flashback arc. Only two of the six other Masters really had fights shown, and even then only Shinji's fight was the "full fight".

Not even sure they'd need to do that to hit 10 episodes though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 14:40   Link #1690
dere_lover21

Anyway what will happen if illya shirou go magic gunsman on us? Or saber is a transfer student that recently going to illya shirou school and what will be the reactions of the maidens who are inlove with shirou while shirou is hopelessly dumbstruck inlove with the transfer student saber? So anything about erica or tanaka that is worth discussing? @quigonkenny sorry about the part of angelica it was supposed to be erica and I got their names mix up.
Old 2016-09-15, 14:55   Link #1691
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
so your saying that everything shall return to zero and start again? that given the myth's and legends and story coming for pandora. it's safe to say that they want to save the world by filling it with mud and returning it to zero?
Possible, in fact that being a "backup plan" does pretty much fit Julian's comments to Erica in the part covered by the latest anime episode, but personally I think they're going full Pandora myth, and emptying the Pithos of all its evil to get at the hope left behind. In that respect, Julian's hope=poison line isn't so much a universal opinion, but a reflection of how much effort his family has spent so far in a (so far) fruitless attempt to get it.

And don't worry about the Erica/Angelica mixup. It's an easy mistake to make, which is why I didn't immediately shoot it down. I had to see the pertinent scene again myself before I was sure.
Old 2016-09-15, 21:03   Link #1692
dere_lover21

^ so it's like formatting PC but they are formatting the whole world and creating a new system in place using the system cube and mud to save humanity and the world and them because the world system already died and their is no more mana in their world.
Old 2016-09-15, 22:53   Link #1693
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
^ so it's like formatting PC but they are formatting the whole world and creating a new system in place using the system cube and mud to save humanity and the world and them because the world system already died and their is no more mana in their world.
I'm guessing that something like that is what Julian is expecting to happen. I don't think he'll have nearly the control over the process that he thinks he will, though...
Old 2016-09-16, 23:15   Link #1694
zhaoyun99

anybody know the sales figure for each volume?
zhaoyun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 11:13   Link #1695
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaoyun99 View Post
anybody know the sales figure for each volume?
I think it'd be very hard to find an actual number, but Drei has been selling 30k in its first week most of the time. It's not popular by any means.
Old 2016-09-21, 11:40   Link #1696
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

"Not popular" Is a perspective.

Also didn't flashback arc had higher sales numbers?
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 11:09   Link #1697
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Angelica was Julina's older sister and crying?!

Didn't see that coming.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 11:30   Link #1698
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Well, the Darius/Zachary thing is explained, and given the Ainsworth schtick, we probably should have guessed it.

Also, if Angelica is Julian's older sister, and actually shares some of his features, now that I look at her, where does that leave Beako and Erika, given that they've shown no evidence of being able to use the Ainsworth magic?
Old 2016-09-23, 12:03   Link #1699
GDB

Beatrice implied that Erika could use the memory magic that Angelica used, so there's that. Beatrice is likely Julian's version of Sakura.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 12:21   Link #1700
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

God I hope so. One target of incestual bro-con desire (even if there are multiple copies of him) is quite enough for this series, thanks..

Tags
fate/kaleid liner, magical girl spinoff