4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-20, 13:38   Link #181
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
aohige put it the best. This is NOT All You Need Is Kill. Subaru not only have to retry making the connections he have made in that one loop, but he also have to re-learn the skills, especially magic, he picked up. All he have left is his intel and knowing which people to possibly connect with to increase his chances of survival. Without knowing when is the next save point.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 13:53   Link #182
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
aohige put it the best. This is NOT All You Need Is Kill.
This. Pretty much this.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 13:53   Link #183
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
@LevelSeven
Some of the questions which you wonder about the source content and applicable to a limited scope you can ask in Q&A thread.
oh, thanks, i will first try seeking again and than ask if i have enough free time for actual LN reading
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 13:53   Link #184
Phantom

This episode seems to throw out all of the puzzle pieces needed for Subaru to piece together to successfully get by the Witch Cult. The problem is how.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 18:35   Link #185
moridin84
Custom User Title

I don't understand how commiting suicide would help in any way. It's better to stay alive as long as possible. To struggle. To try to understand the situation. To try to understand people.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 23:08   Link #186
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
he saw the entire village dead, rem too, wasnt there emilias corpse in the first loop? i thought she forze herself to death alongside the witchcult members
He never saw Emilia's corpse. Knowing someone's dead and actually seeing their corpse are two completely different matters.

Also,

Quote:
By LevelSeven's logic, Subaru should just suicide whenever he makes a mistake. In other words he should give up on saving his loved ones to start over. Although this may sound a bit ironic, that would be putting the cart before the horse. The moment he thinks this way he stops seeing the people he cares about as people. He would only see them as NPCs in an event he needs to clear. As long as they are alive, he cannot allow himself to give up on saving them.
Old 2016-07-21, 02:45   Link #187
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He never saw Emilia's corpse. Knowing someone's dead and actually seeing their corpse are two completely different matters.
it may not have been shown but the only one who showed ice powers is emilia,
and subaru didnt break after seing the village and rem, than somehow he started crying after seeing something right before dying,
i would say that emilias corpse makes the most sense right?
Quote:
By LevelSeven's logic, Subaru should just suicide whenever he makes a mistake. In other words he should give up on saving his loved ones to start over.
lol, where did this come from?
why does he give them up if he actually tries to save them from getting killed?
it seems like you didnt get my point: subaru cant do anything on his own, a lot of people already pointed out that subaru wont be powerful without at least years of endless training,
so his only possible option to save his friends is to convince others to help him,
he failed in his first try, now he must repeat it because even if eh goes to the mansion it will simply create another scene that f*cks him up even more

Quote:
Although this may sound a bit ironic, that would be putting the cart before the horse. The moment he thinks this way he stops seeing the people he cares about as people. He would only see them as NPCs in an event he needs to clear. As long as they are alive, he cannot allow himself to give up on saving them.
and what good would result from him trying to get to the mansion?
lets say he manages to do it,
all he will be able to do is to give them the info that the witch cult attacks, in the fighting-part he will be a hindrance and his only use is in providing infos...
maybe after 20 or so loops he manages to find a way to the mansion, which alos need to be 1. faster than the cult, 2. without getting detected, 3. without meeting the whale...
and than another 20 loops or so for getting enough infos about each of the cult-members weaknesses (so that they can defeat them... )
and all that is still has the possibility of 100% certain defeat against the witchcult if they simply have a to high firepower :/ (plus the deaths he need to witness would turn him insane for real...)
Old 2016-07-21, 09:35   Link #188
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
it may not have been shown but the only one who showed ice powers is emilia,
and subaru didnt break after seing the village and rem, than somehow he started crying after seeing something right before dying,
i would say that emilias corpse makes the most sense right?
Except he didn't see Emilia's body. The hallway he was in ended in a closed door, the door handle he touched froze his fingers to it, causing him to fall backwards (snapping his right leg off in the process) and see the frozen cultists around, and then he himself was frozen. He didn't see Emilia, only the bloodied decorations she wears.

There were also no tears on his face either during that entire scene.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 11:30   Link #189
LevelSeven

^i mean after he got respawn...
Old 2016-07-21, 11:36   Link #190
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

He still couldnt have seen Emilia, he never opened the door.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 11:55   Link #191
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
He still couldnt have seen Emilia, he never opened the door.
true, but i think he can guess who was behind that door since emilia is the only ice-user he knows, plus, she was the target in the first place....
Old 2016-07-21, 14:48   Link #192
larethian

For the first round of the loop, Subaru started entering into denial mode as he progressively approached the mansion. When he reached the village, he was already averting his eyes from some of the carnage.

Spoilers
Spoiler for clearer info from LN narrative regarding Emilia and location of his demise in 1st
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for web radio episodes for this week
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 14:03   Link #193
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I don't understand how commiting suicide would help in any way. It's better to stay alive as long as possible. To struggle. To try to understand the situation. To try to understand people.
I agree. The only argument against it, I think, might be:

A) Without his friends he's dead in the water again, and might be screwed in terms of trying to survive in the alternate world
B) His emotional attachment is such that he would rather them be "alive again" ASAP

Without friends to help him, he'd have to resort to menial work to survive in the world, which would mean being unable to pursue adventure in uncovering any mystery.

Subaru "lost his mind" after the second most recent death, instead of being happy again to see them alive, but I'd chalk that up to his uncertainty in being able to stop it despite knowing it that time around. However before the most recent death I feel as though it would have been far more efficient to stay alive and uncover stuff. Given he didn't just commit suicide or anything, I have a feeling that might have been his intention. Unfortunately he ended up getting killed unintentionally outside the mansion in the snow anyways.
Old 2016-07-23, 00:07   Link #194
Cicili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
This episode seems to throw out all of the puzzle pieces needed for Subaru to piece together to successfully get by the Witch Cult. The problem is how.
Yes you are correct.

Anybody up to the challenge to help Subaru get through arc 3?

And i think you should start throwing out your theories fast because Subaru won't remain dumb for much longer.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 03:43   Link #195
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

OK this seriously is cracking me up.

So someone here is suggesting that Subaru abuse his reset ability.

SERIOUSLY?

Subaru is already hanging on a thin thread of his sanity, doing the best in his knowledge to do what is best in each and every reset that he did. And that includes NOT SEEKING DEATH WHEN EVERYTHING WENT WRONG. Hell, the only time he killed himself is that one time, and the past post already explained the reasons for it.