AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 6 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 13.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-30, 16:16   Link #21
Kitsu Breaker

I thought they will give a fixed shipping for Yohane and end up been with Chika again.
Hope they stop that woman?

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 16:38   Link #22
Wandering Soul

This was a fun episode. Noteworthy scenes include Riko's balcony jump and Yohane's attempt at fortune telling. Yohane just became one of my favorite members of the group.

I have to agree that Ruby really makes that miniskirt work.
Old 2016-07-30, 16:41   Link #23
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I'm so glad I've chosen wisely.

What made this episode is Yohane being aware of her chunniness. That's something most refuse to acknowledge. She tried to be a marimite character but it didn't work out for her. She's already a bishoujo, but weird. The good kind.

It's nice to hear the reason behind the "Fallen Angel" persona. I think people can relate to that part of themselves in some way; wanting to stand out.

I really like the end with Yohane and Chika. It was like seeing a lowly mortal offering a contract to The Demon Queen with a tribute. (Am I doing this right?)
When Chika extended her hand (with the Black Feather), it somehow reminded me of Lelouch & C.C. on the heliport from S1 post-Mao fight.

Speaking of which:

http://i.imgur.com/hnfO3L0.png

"All Hail Yohane"

Spoiler for Misc.:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-07-30 at 16:55.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 17:05   Link #24
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I really like the end with Yohane and Chika. It was like seeing a lowly mortal offering a contract to The Demon Queen with a tribute. (Am I doing this right?)
More like this:
https://twitter.com/paxiti/status/759426121125339136
"Get in the car, we're gonna be idols. NOW."

Quote:
When Chika extended her hand (with the Black Feather), it somehow reminded me of Lelouch & C.C. on the heliport from S1 post-Mao fight.

Speaking of which:

"All Hail Yohane"
Nice edit. It's most likely canon, too.
Old 2016-07-30, 17:13   Link #25
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

lol I figured it out.

Notice how both pictures could be interconnected with Yohane geassing them the same day during her sad departure. Chika and crew stalked her and couldn't handle not attaining a real Fallen Angel and held her by gunpoint. Those hoodlums!!!

They show up the next day in the same attire that they really hated (Yohane's whim) just to simply chase after her and ask to join their team.
Yohane probably geassed herself so she would forget too. lol

They need the orange rings around their eyes to give it away, but Sunrise is being lazy. Ironically, they created CG too.

This is clearly in topic.

Yeah, we'll just go with that.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-07-30 at 17:27.
Old 2016-07-30, 17:21   Link #26
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Speaking of which:

"All Hail Yohane"
"Yohane commands you. Bow to me..!!"

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 17:23   Link #27
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
"Yohane commands you. OBEY ME, WORLD!!"
ftfy

Images
Blatantly Off Topic I'll probably get in trouble for this lol
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Back on Topic:

If the 1st PV will be the same one or something original. I kind of want it to be new since they it'll be a pleasant surprise.
I'm also wondering if that last bit is going to be a school closure thing again. If it is, then I wonder how they'll change it up so it doesn't mimic Muse's version.
From this point on, the 3rd year drama is only getting started and I hope it's going to lead to a few surprising things in the past.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-07-30 at 17:36.
Old 2016-07-30, 17:44   Link #28
Pen3

There was so much hype into the episode but i got the opposite effect from it. Even though it is a Yohane episode, i think Hanamaru gained more points than Yohane in my books. The problems is making Yohane try too hard and just ended up overdoing most of the skits, while Hanamaru just has to act normal and still ends up funnier and more likeable. Hanamaru is just more natural and her scenes are plain and simple, but more effective at capturing my attention. That and i though chuuni would be fine in idol since Nico is quite eccentric, but i am not so sure anymore.

I might be alone on this one, but after this episode i think it puts Hanamaru above Yohane on my favorite members list.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 17:45   Link #29
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Not sure why but every episode so far of Sunshine has been so cringe-y, that I've had to stop the episode multiple times cuz I couldn't bear it. I like the series ... kinda .. but the cringe man. Was Love Live this cringy in the past too?
Old 2016-07-30, 17:51   Link #30
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Not sure why but every episode so far of Sunshine has been so cringe-y, that I've had to stop the episode multiple times cuz I couldn't bear it. I like the series ... kinda .. but the cringe man. Was Love Live this cringy in the past too?
it is the overacting and just overdoing certain scenes to get more impact, but ends up very bad and unnatural. That is how i see it anyways. Sunshine doesn't need that, the Hanamaru scene where she turns the laptop off was funny enough, there's no need to go overboard to get laughs.
Old 2016-07-30, 17:53   Link #31
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I forgot to bring this up, but I'm impressed by Aikyan's range for being a first time voice actor. The ED solo was nice too.

I think the problem is there wasn't as many eccentic characters in Muse so something that's overacting isn't really that. It's true to that original LL character. People always want Aqours to be different, but when they're no longer recognizable to Muse in character tropes or familiarity, it automatically has a negative reaction.

I'm not really calling anyone out, but this is something I've always noticed at every forum I go to when it comes to Aqours.
Old 2016-07-30, 18:02   Link #32
Seihai
スマイリウム

Overacting has always been done plenty in Love Live. The way they do the comedy is still the same, too. And if people find Yohane's chuunibyou cringey, well duh, it's intentionally so. However if you can't look past the cringiness, then it's your own loss I guess.
Old 2016-07-30, 18:09   Link #33
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Overacting has always been done plenty in Love Live. The way they do the comedy is still the same, too. And if people find Yohane's chuunibyou cringey, well duh, it's intentionally so. However if you can't look past the cringiness, then it's your own loss I guess.
It was never this intense or occurred as often. Even new viewers that started with Sunshine felt the same and even went back to watch OG for first time, it didn't feel as over done. I actually fast forwarded a few scenes this episode just like a few others have. I never had to do that on OG.
Old 2016-07-30, 18:38   Link #34
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Re-read what I said. I said it's been like this for every episode, not just this. Since I have to specify lets just say that Yohane's chuuni was the least of my issues with this episode, and in the other episodes her and her chuuni-acts haven't even been a thing.

I however, can't really put my finger on what exactly makes this show cringy hence why I asked if anyone else felt like this, esp. because I do recall there being some discussion about this before maybe in the ep 1 or 2 thread. I think Pen3 is on the right track though.
Old 2016-07-30, 19:25   Link #35
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Half or more of μ's seem like mature young women to me. Almost all of Aqours seem like playful girls to me.

When you boil it down to the core difference, this is it, I think.

It's kind of like the difference between Flying Witch and Bakuon. Or like the difference between Hibike Euphonium and K-On. Or like the difference between Mari-Mite and Strawberry Panic.

So which you prefer is mostly, if not entirely, a matter of taste.
Old 2016-07-30, 19:30   Link #36
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

From my knowledge, isn't it's always encouraged in voice acting to go ham especially in animation to give a character a certain kind of personality especially if it's a chunni? I mean, honestly, what did you guys expect from Yohane? Quietness? Subtlety?

I think it's just undeserved nitpicking at this point.
Old 2016-07-30, 19:45   Link #37
Pen3

Quote:
From my knowledge, isn't it's always encouraged in voice acting to go ham especially in animation to give a character a certain kind of personality especially if it's a chunni? I mean, honestly, what did you guys expect from Yohane? Quietness? Subtlety?

I think it's just undeserved nitpicking at this point.
It isn't just the chuuni because Rikka and Yuuta wasn't as overbearing, they didn't make any ahegao like faces. It is the directing of the Sunshine in itself that has overacting. This was relevant since episode 1, so this complaint isn't just centered around Yohane.
Old 2016-07-30, 20:09   Link #38
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I know, but Pen, I think that's you're problem. You're coming into this like an inspector ready to judge and compare the new to the old. That makes it impossible for you to enjoy the show and let the characters grow on you. I can name countless cringe worthy & overacting moments in the original, but I'm not going to do that here. I'm letting these new characters grow and see what they do next.
Old 2016-07-30, 20:40   Link #39
Pen3

Quote:
I know, but Pen, I think that's you're problem. You're coming into this like an inspector ready to judge and compare the new to the old. That makes it impossible for you to enjoy the show and let the characters grow on you. I can name countless cringe worthy & overacting moments in the original, but I'm not going to do that here. I'm letting these new characters grow and see what they do next.
But my original review wasn't comparing it to the old at all. Even if i pretend the OG never existed, the overacting is still present and i can't ignore it. I also mentioned this many times, but it isn't just me, but new viewers feel the same way, infact i don't even want to compare it to compare it to the OG anymore. I just brought it up later just in response to another persons post. As for the show itself, i am enjoying it despite my complaints, even that is still very minor.

I would also disagree about not giving the characters a chance because i kind of ignored Hanamaru, but completely fell in love with her this episode. Her character couldn't have been executed any better. Same with Chika, i expected her to be the typical boring main character/leader, but she warmed up to me since episode 1 and i don't have a single complaint about her so far. Maybe i was just expecting too much from the Yohane introduction since the hype and it didn't meet my expectations?
Old 2016-07-30, 20:56   Link #40
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I think it's a tight rope since the expectations are always high when continuing the franchise especially with the Older Sister in their shadows. You got to see them like the little sibling trying to find their own voice and will often do things that the Older will never do.

They're not Muse, they're loud and very expressive and slightly lewd compared to how calm, organized, and pure Muse was in the past. The difference is, these girls are able to take a risk and show their unique personalities and traits that you would never see the originals do.

You couldn't change the Muse characters too much because they were too established and anything odd would be occ. Aqours doesn't have that problem since their new and can test out the waters. (< not intended)

Nobody in Muse would ever show a disgusted eye twitching expression like Yohane and Riko.

That's something unique to them and Sunrise seems to be working on subverting or changing what we're assuming the characters are from their appearances.

Who have thought Yohane wanted to stop being a chunni? Or Riko was very ambitious enough to dive into the water in EP1. Or Dia being a hardcore idol fan. I think it's going to take some time for some to get used to them.

As for Yohane, it's only 5 episodes in after all. If your expectations are high for her than that's a good thing, she'll more than likely make up for it later on.