AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-18, 23:22   Link #221
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I'm pretty sure her assassination was his idea, at least partly.
Then I would need you to give me some proof. I think he definitely took advantage of it, but that doesn't mean he was the cause of it.
Old 2015-10-19, 12:13   Link #222
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Then I would need you to give me some proof. I think he definitely took advantage of it, but that doesn't mean he was the cause of it.
His attitude towards her is that he didn't think highly of her and wanted her to remain "dead" when he found out she was alive. Her grandpa didn't like her.

I believe Saazbaum said he was a hardcore royalist and that he wouldn't have moved on Asseylum if some in the royal family didn't want her dead. Emperor acts like he knew about the plan from the beginning.

Last edited by mechalord; 2015-10-19 at 12:26.
Old 2015-10-19, 13:42   Link #223
monster

Quote:
His attitude towards her is that he didn't think highly of her and wanted her to remain "dead" when he found out she was alive. Her grandpa didn't like her.

I believe Saazbaum said he was a hardcore royalist and that he wouldn't have moved on Asseylum if some in the royal family didn't want her dead. Emperor acts like he knew about the plan from the beginning.
That doesn't prove anything.
Old 2015-11-30, 10:26   Link #224
drawr

Quote:
Yes it does. She was not smart. She was not a philosopher. She was not a fountain of ideas. She had no ideology other than being nice. She was a sheltered, privileged princess of low intelligence. She didn't even have charisma. No one gaves a rats ass about her speeches. No one was inspired to fight for her. Her most rousing speeches were given by her sister in disguise.

Lemrina was much wiser, noble, intelligent, educated. She was superior to her sister in every way but looks and health.
Asseylum was quite popular, though. We see this in the first episode when people discuss her incoming arrival. Lemrina appealed to the warmongers and Asseylum appealed to the terrans and nobles. It's all about pandering to the respective interests and it's also based on power they possess. And going by the show, quite a bit were fighting for her, more-so than Lemrina. Cruhteo was even willing to cooperate with terrans to find her and clear the web of lies once he found out the truth and Mazuurek was one who shared her ideology. Klancain just happened to fulfill his father's will.
Asseylum has done well to control the counts thus far and propose trade to assist earth in rebuilding after the war that was waged based on lies.
And her speeches did move and influence people in episode 11 and also episode 23. The former was just restricted from being heard by her people, so the cast assumed it was ignored.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters