Old 2015-09-24, 06:05   Link #1
lolapaolaberry

IMPULSE by MIN-YONG JUNG [ Webtoon/Manhwa]

Title: IMPULSE
Genre: Action, Supernatural, Sci-Fi
Author: Min-Yong Jung
Artist: Min-Yong Jung

Plot Description:
The story follows three teenagers set in the near future in (I assume) South Korea. In this near future our planet is under a constant threat of meteor showers, and despite noble efforts by the governments to stop them, one day one of the meteors manages to push through and victimizes the three protagonists. I won't give too much away, but as you may figure out yourselves when the teenagers wake up they discover they are mutated and now have superhuman abilities. The story then revolves about our main characters dealing with their newly acquired powers, high school life, and suspicious government officials.

My thoughts:
This is the second webtoon I found on Spottoon (via the Huffington Post) and I actually like it a bit better than TRACE. The story is a bit easier to grasp and for many of us probably also recognizable (teenager-life, being bullied, etc.). The artwork is also great and depending on your taste more likeable than TRACE's. In my opinion the characters are also worked out well. Up until what is available so far there hasn't been much action yet, but I'm sure this will change as the story develops.
Another manhwa that I can recommend you guys.

Where to read it:
Huffington Post (just published the Prologue): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/SPOTTO...b_8150404.html
Spottoon: https://www.spottoon.com/workHome?book_no=8
(both English version)
lolapaolaberry is offline   Reply With Quote