Old 2015-08-11, 02:51   Link #521
bathuan

is that Ayumi ??(Angel Beats ep6)
bathuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 03:37   Link #522
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
The imperfection of Ayumi ability maybe the fact that she can only made the ground below her collapse, which means the user will die/injure herself.
Yep, something like that, I thought she being the epicentre, so up or down, doesn't matter, she would always be right in the middle of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Personally, I'd reverse your 50 and 20. That is to say, 50 coma, 30 hostage and 20 dead.
As I wrote myself coma should be the more likely, but it would be also the more obvious and used outcome, so I was trying to be positive. But on a second thought the fact of being in a coma could still enable Yusarin to be used as medium, why not, and also it wouldn't rule out her being kept hostage waiting to experiment her. But not to be really experimented.
So also in the light of it, yea, coma is still the most likely letting open the door to both these two scenarios simultaneously

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 04:59   Link #523
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Jun Maeda has a thing with time leaps or any type of leap (universe, galaxy idk) to prevent some sort of irreversible death. I still feel that this has Angel Beats syndrome meaning it's all horribly rushed and not well thought out but I'm watching it out of respect to him.

I'm betting that her body is never found and instead those guys looking for Ayumi were part of the scientist scouting team. They'll find the half dead girl and revive her just to study her or something.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 05:02   Link #524
cyth
Banned

I'm going to wait for the cliffhanger to pass before declaring the imouto deceased. It just feels like a really shitty way to die. That last scene puts me in more doubt how this will all unfold.

The new characters seem like they have esper-targetting abilities as well.

The red herring was nicely done. At the end I put all three school mates under suspicion. The mystery kept me from speculating whether the fever was foreshadowing. I still don't see it as such.

But yeah, that yandere, boy oh boy. That is some Okada Mari shit level writing. This is a flawed show, still it manages to not make me hate it, the development so far is intriguing, and aside from the yandere I thought the last two episodes were well-done. I'll keep on watching.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 05:46   Link #525
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
But yeah, that yandere, boy oh boy. That is some Okada Mari shit level writing. This is a flawed show, still it manages to not make me hate it, the development so far is intriguing, and aside from the yandere I thought the last two episodes were well-done. I'll keep on watching.
I dunno... Mari Okada seems like a genius compared to Jun Maeda tbh. Even though she's pretty bad herself. NagiAsu was way more coherent and tolerable than ... whatever this is. I'm seriously only watching this for Nao antics and moe :/.

I'll tell you a true story. Someone linked me a gif of Nao finger waving (that sequence in the OP) to bait me back into watching...

But hey at least this is better than Glasslip. Lolololol.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2015-08-11 at 06:34.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 05:58   Link #526
cyth
Banned

Well Nao is cute and probably has the most realistic attitude of any girl Maeda wrote.
Old 2015-08-11, 06:39   Link #527
IceHism

So... Imouto is kill? I'd be fine with that but prob not what is going to happen.

This is quite disappointing so far. 1 episode episodic adventures is a pretty shitty format and it shouldn't have taken so long to get to this point. The teleportation guy gags aren't even funny either.

Oh well, I'm excited for next episode at least. I wonder if the maeda jun magic will happen now. I need cringey feels and its not Maeda jun if there are no feels.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 06:40   Link #528
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Tbh I don't care really about realism. Though your right, Nao might be the least retarded/special/derpy female he's wrote so far. To be fair however, there's at least one okay girl in every Key series... it's just drowned in the other 10+ or whatever per series.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 06:41   Link #529
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well one thing is certain, When things get bad and tempers start to fly off the handle, romantic things start to happen. Did someone say hook up?

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 06:58   Link #530
Arya

Quote:
Well Nao is cute and probably has the most realistic attitude of any girl Maeda wrote.
And that's the reason I'm still here, actually the characters are not, using Pocari_Sweet word, retarded as they usually are. Instead Nao and the MC are quite normal people, and as far as Yusarin remain relegated casting her spells I'm fine, I even find her funny.
What I'd prefer not now, is the introduction of another bunch of new characters.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 07:27   Link #531
askara

How is Nao realistic? if anything she the most unrealistic character in the anime. The way she act like a boss and see through everything to everyone especially someone who she meet the first time is unrealistic, the way she act in class and to her bully is unrealistic as well.

Also i think Ayumi is not dead because her hair glows when she use her ability, this must be some kind of plot device as nobody else do that,so i think she most likely kidnapped or in coma
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 07:34   Link #532
cyth
Banned

There are probably ~reasons~ why she puts on an air of indifference to bullying. Other than that I can't agree with you seeing most Key girls are either moe blobs and/or retarded/autistic.
Old 2015-08-11, 11:28   Link #533
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
How is Nao realistic? if anything she the most unrealistic character in the anime. The way she act like a boss and see through everything to everyone especially someone who she meet the first time is unrealistic, the way she act in class and to her bully is unrealistic as well.
All things considered, apathy to prolonged bullying (especially after factoring in her antisocial traits) seems to me a rather normal response.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 12:32   Link #534
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Huh, slow first few episodes, then it picks up from there. Looks like they were on track, I hope they planned it all out as compared to the ending of Angel Beats!

Nobody dies. Ayumi's in a coma. That's how the Maeda universe works Yu might have been injured, but nothing serious.

The other team finally showed up, at least the other girl in that team of 5 in the OP, and Ayumi was the floating white haired girl. Is wet guy also working with that other team?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 14:12   Link #535
James Rye

Being Takajou is suffering. Gets kicked out of the 2nd floor = "It's a regular thing which keep happening."; dude must be a hardcore M to not feel hatred to his leader. Or at least fear.^^;

Yandere out of nowhere, let's hope nobody else was in that part of the school the little sis made collapse else she might get feel guilty if she somehow survived just to hear that she killed dozens of other children.
Then again, I think she died or is in a coma or something like that.

And who was that orange hair girl? Another esper organisation?
Old 2015-08-11, 14:39   Link #536
Botan_TM

Would be interesting to see such "trolling": sister is alive but in hospital (lucky girl was found in some empty space), Yuu was saved by Takajou by his "human bullet" ability but this time his muscles and protectors were not enough ...
Yuu realised he was his only friend and he died because of his action.

After all there is no Takajou in preview.
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 14:47   Link #537
cyth
Banned

I could see that. I mean I still don't get why Takajou wasn't allowed go with them. Perhaps this is one of Nao's schemes? It's probably nothing though.
Old 2015-08-11, 15:15   Link #538
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
Would be interesting to see such "trolling": sister is alive but in hospital (lucky girl was found in some empty space), Yuu was saved by Takajou by his "human bullet" ability but this time his muscles and protectors were not enough ...
Yuu realised he was his only friend and he died because of his action.

After all there is no Takajou in preview.
That would be terrible! ;A;
Wasn't that Takajou at 0:04 in the preview though? Hair looked pretty blue there for me. I rather see the Imouto dead than Takajou! Takajou needs some loving too! ;A;

Quote:
I could see that. I mean I still don't get why Takajou wasn't allowed go with them. Perhaps this is one of Nao's schemes? It's probably nothing though.
Nah, MC just didn't wanted that many visitors and with Yusarin coming Takajou clearly would do everything to come as well. If Nao hadn't done that then MC would have taken over his body and jumped outta the window.^^;
It's like the show "everybody hates Chris" just with Takajou in the Chris role. XD
Old 2015-08-11, 15:23   Link #539
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
That would be terrible! ;A;
Wasn't that Takajou at 0:04 in the preview though? Hair looked pretty blue there for me. I rather see the Imouto dead than Takajou! Takajou needs some loving too! ;A;
Indeed he was at 0:04. And so my theory goes to AB purgatory.
Anyway Imouto death was and is so obviously suggested is become suspicious.
Old 2015-08-11, 19:16   Link #540
MCAL

Oh a yandere. How convenient..... Well at least it wasn't Key Aids.

So besides episodes 1 and 5 and Nao's Past in episode 2, I'd say the common route was really mediocre. As long as the True route focuses on Yu and Nao (Whose pretty much the only other interesting character in the cast. I actually quite like her in fact), it should be good.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers