AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-06, 03:41   Link #4601
ZeroRabbit

Finally finished TLing the last part of Massacre - 3. Had trouble making sense out of some parts that the Machine TL was translating so there's definitely a few mistakes. It should still be understandable though. Anyway, here it is. Again, barely any editing so there might be some other mistakes that I've missed and failed to correct.

Overlord WN Massacre - 3 (Part 4)

For those who haven't read the first three parts I've posted before, here they are. Didn't touch them since I've posted them weeks ago so the same note as above; no edits or corrections.

Part 1
Part 2 & 3

With that, I'll start TLing the Soul vacuuming part which can be found in the next chapter. The next chapter also includes one of the Thirteen Heroes talking with PDL though I won't be doing that part.

Last edited by ZeroRabbit; 2015-08-06 at 03:46. Reason: Additional info
ZeroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 05:47   Link #4602
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it would be north of E-Rantei but not between E-Rantei and Carne Village/Tob Forest. You are forgetting the part were the East and West masters of the Forest discover Nazarick and view it as a threat. Nazarick needs to quite close to the Forest to be deem a threat. While most of the Nazarick is under ground. Part of it is above ground.

At the time when Nazarick appear the southern part of the forest is rule by Hamsuke. The East and West masters of the forest would not go into Hamsuke's territory. To Discover Nazarick, Nazarick needs to either east or west of the forest.

And while the Emperor can travel somewhat inside Kingdom territory . I seriously doubt he would be able to travel that far into the kingdom's border without problems if the Nazarick is West of the Forest.
Nazarick doesn't have to be (that) close to the forest to be perceived as a threat. They send their servants into the forest and subdue the northern/southern rulers of the forest... even if they kill every single monster/insect/rat they encounter, its impossible to hide their "invasion" completely. Looking at the facts, the western/eastern rulers don't really have a choice from their pointof view. They either find the "den" of these invaders or they'll be subdued as well.
In such a situation it is feasible for them to travel for a bit in order to defend themselves.

According to what I understand of your argument, it would be as if E-Rantel would only send out adventurers to purge a monster-den if the adventurers are able to reach it after travelling a specific distance. And they will never move another step, even if they are standing nose-to-nose with the monster guarding the entrance to the cave they are supposed to deal with. Instead they will turn around and don't bother with the monsters... as long as they don't move a single step closer to E-Rantel... because then all the adventurers will run over like a swarm of enraged wasps.

And Nazarick is without a doubt in royal territory, since Ainz himself said so. Just like your claim that Nazarick can't be west of E-Rantel, it can't be east of E-Rantel as well, because then it would belong to the Empire. Wherever Nazarick is, it can't be too far away from Carne, and Carne's locaion is more or less fixed by now...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 06:43   Link #4603
ChuckE
Provoker

Spoiler:

Guess Sebastian's teaching was not futile
Old 2015-08-06, 06:55   Link #4604
dragonking9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Spoiler:

Guess Sebastian's teaching was not futile
Spoiler for climb:
dragonking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 07:23   Link #4605
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonking9 View Post
Spoiler for climb:
Spoiler:
Old 2015-08-06, 08:41   Link #4606
kazenoade

well, crazy b**ch is better than stupid king that doesn`t know his limit.
Old 2015-08-06, 08:55   Link #4607
WarStalkeR

I've managed to read only ~30 pages of this topic before lost my will to fight... So, will Momonga have some way to switch to his human form or not?
Old 2015-08-06, 09:20   Link #4608
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarStalkeR View Post
I've managed to read only ~30 pages of this topic before lost my will to fight... So, will Momonga have some way to switch to his human form or not?
To answer your question ...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Schattenbach; 2015-08-06 at 09:31.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 09:26   Link #4609
dragonking9

wat? the guardians would slaughter you for that insult. he is the most beautiful gem ever in existence.
Old 2015-08-06, 09:26   Link #4610
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarStalkeR View Post
Why? Do you want him to become human again, stay OP and start gathering a harem?
>_>

Because Momonga is an undead overlord/lich, and he will probably stay one until Maruyama ends the series.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 09:40   Link #4611
lolsan

I thought Momoga was going to use his World Class items in vol 9?
lolsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 09:50   Link #4612
WarStalkeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Why? Do you want him to become human again, stay OP and start gathering a harem?
No need for harem. Deredere Albedo is enough for entire life
Old 2015-08-06, 09:52   Link #4613
WarStalkeR

Quote:
wat? the guardians would slaughter you for that insult. he is the most beautiful gem ever in existence.
It will be a problem if he won't be able to satisfy Albedo. Fingers only is never enough... For both parties
Old 2015-08-06, 11:16   Link #4614
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolsan View Post
I thought Momoga was going to use his World Class items in vol 9?
that is the WN, the LN and Wn are almost completely different stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Nazarick doesn't have to be (that) close to the forest to be perceived as a threat. They send their servants into the forest and subdue the northern/southern rulers of the forest... even if they kill every single monster/insect/rat they encounter, its impossible to hide their "invasion" completely. Looking at the facts, the western/eastern rulers don't really have a choice from their pointof view. They either find the "den" of these invaders or they'll be subdued as well.
In such a situation it is feasible for them to travel for a bit in order to defend themselves.
it still need to be close enough for the Monsters in the forest to identify it as a Ruin. So they have at least seen Nazarick and know where it is located. Which would not be possible if it is between E-Rantei and Carne Village.

Quote:
And Nazarick is without a doubt in royal territory,
never said it wasn't. But it can't be too deep inside Kingdom Territory. And just because E-Rantei is on the border doesn't mean everything East of it is Empire Territory.
Old 2015-08-06, 11:30   Link #4615
dragonking9

i don't think the monsters in the forest saw Nazarick. What they saw was a ruin(could be the warehouse Aura is building). it had been said that Nazarick is some distance away from the forest in the first novel
Old 2015-08-06, 12:01   Link #4616
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
To answer your question ...

Spoiler:
Doesn't his class allow him to learn more magic?

He should try and learn a better illusion, than one which stops when touched.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:06   Link #4617
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
i don't think the monsters in the forest saw Nazarick. What they saw was a ruin(could be the warehouse Aura is building). it had been said that Nazarick is some distance away from the forest in the first novel
in vol8 the little golin said the ruins suddenly appear are guarded by undead. Aura who is in charge of the warehouse would not be using undead, she would using troops form her floor.

Also on wiki, Nazarick is describe as North of the Forest. Putting Nazarick between Carne and En-Rantei would put it south of the forest not North.
Old 2015-08-06, 12:20   Link #4618
RDNexus

Quote:
that is the WN, the LN and Wn are almost completely different stories.
How different are those two versions?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 12:27   Link #4619
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
here is a list of it

http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wi...lord_Web_Novel
Old 2015-08-06, 13:00   Link #4620
LystAP

Quote:
Spoiler for climb:
To be honest, it was kind of pointless for him to be a decoy.

Spoiler for Targets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
More importantly, no Albedo in the WN.

Quote:
in vol8 the little golin said the ruins suddenly appear are guarded by undead. Aura who is in charge of the warehouse would not be using undead, she would using troops form her floor.

Also on wiki, Nazarick is describe as North of the Forest. Putting Nazarick between Carne and En-Rantei would put it south of the forest not North.
From Volume 4, Aura has Elder Liches working on constructing the warehouse. I doubt her beasts would be that proficient at building construction, she's the supervisor by rank. The proxy tomb itself is under construction by a multitude of minions from multiple floors.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination