AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-07-14, 22:37   Link #621
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post

Basically a Gundam created for kit bashing that was popularized by GBF since it can use parts from other MSs
Old 2015-07-14, 22:42   Link #622
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2015-07-14, 22:46   Link #623
Kirayuki

Okada Mari ? Writing for Gundam series ? Oh my! (bringing AnoHana team too)
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 22:51   Link #624
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

This looks like Armored Core meets Gundam.
Old 2015-07-14, 22:54   Link #625
Skye629

Ooooooh this definitely looks interesting
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 22:55   Link #626
monster

This looks interesting. Post Disaster 323, is that the new calendar system?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:12   Link #627
Frontier

Okada? Nagai? Together on Gundam !?

Well, a director and writer that I more associate with romantic comedies/melodramas on a Gundam show is unexpected, even if the two of them tend to work very well together. Then again, it's not like Nagai's inexperienced with action shows considering his work on both seasons of Railgun, and Okada's done Mecha shows before. Then again, considering EVOL and what I've heard about M3, not necessarily a positive in Okada's favor .

At the very least, I imagine that this show will probably be very character driven and carry plenty of interesting personalities in the cast (which the trailer already seems to indicate) .

Getting into the content of the trailer, that this universe is set in a "Post Disaster 323" calendar is fairly interesting, and it looks like we'll be following soldiers already deeply entrenched in combat. I wonder if they're fighting against those fancy-dressed military officials in the ship? So once again the Gundam staple of Earth vs. Spacenoids? The lady with the long blonde hair looks like she could be a princess or nobility...

The MS designs are interesting, since we have several ground Mecha that look more like Mobile Armor than actual Mobile Suits and only a few actual MS's (including the Gundam). Kinda evokes 00 and its aesthetic, at least to me, though I can see what Rising Dragon means in saying it looks like Armored Core meets Gundam .

Gundam Barbatos looks pretty cool, and lot less bulkier than the preview image led me to believe it would be, and that it can use parts from other MS's is neat. Sort of emphasizes the feeling of a desperate war-time struggle in that the pilot/Gundam have to utilize whatever weapons or tools they can find on the battlefield to their advantage and likely have to make do with weapons/parts from enemy Mobile Suits .

Looks like the Gundam's got a lance weapon in the trailer too...wonder if that's it's main physical weapon, part of its general arsenal, or something it picks up in battle?
Old 2015-07-14, 23:23   Link #628
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Okada? Nagai? Together on Gundam !?

Well, a director and writer that I more associate with romantic comedies/melodramas on a Gundam show is unexpected, even if the two of them tend to work very well together. Then again, it's not like Nagai's inexperienced with action shows considering his work on both seasons of Railgun, and Okada's done Mecha shows before. Then again, considering EVOL and what I've heard about M3, not necessarily a positive in Okada's favor .

At the very least, I imagine that this show will probably be very character driven and carry plenty of interesting personalities in the cast (which the trailer already seems to indicate) .

Getting into the content of the trailer, that this universe is set in a "Post Disaster 323" calendar is fairly interesting, and it looks like we'll be following soldiers already deeply entrenched in combat. I wonder if they're fighting against those fancy-dressed military officials in the ship? So once again the Gundam staple of Earth vs. Spacenoids? The lady with the long blonde hair looks like she could be a princess or nobility...

The MS designs are interesting, since we have several ground Mecha that look more like Mobile Armor than actual Mobile Suits and only a few actual MS's (including the Gundam). Kinda evokes 00 and its aesthetic, at least to me, though I can see what Rising Dragon means in saying it looks like Armored Core meets Gundam .

Gundam Barbatos looks pretty cool, and lot less bulkier than the preview image led me to believe it would be, and that it can use parts from other MS's is neat. Sort of emphasizes the feeling of a desperate war-time struggle in that the pilot/Gundam have to utilize whatever weapons or tools they can find on the battlefield to their advantage and likely have to make do with weapons/parts from enemy Mobile Suits .

Looks like the Gundam's got a lance weapon in the trailer too...wonder if that's it's main physical weapon, part of its general arsenal, or something it picks up in battle?
Judging from Gunpla release info and pics recently revealed, it seems the lance is its primary weapon, or at least what it starts out with in the beginning. There is also a weapons add on pack for it with includes a long rifle, and lance/gun hybrid(?) a shield, and one of those small double gunned small MA we see in the teaser
Old 2015-07-14, 23:24   Link #629
The 48th Ronin

I like the mecha design.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:37   Link #630
stardrago

I wonder if the producers be changing the title Gundam's name for Iron Blood, since we have already have a mobile suit named Barbatos in the sd gundam game; although from the info even though it had a gundam face and being a successor to the Phoenix Gundam it was not considered as a gundam.
Also, I liked they named it Barbatos for this series, perhaps another associate for the RX-78 title as the "White Devil", as well as in demonology Barbatos gave understaning of the voices of the animals, and 'conciliates' friends and rulers; meaning to pacify, and lower tensions and disputes between people.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:50   Link #631
IceHism

Hearing Nagai and Okada writing gundam just makes me smirk.

I hope she goes the "To be honest, it'll be very emotionally damaging" route lol
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:55   Link #632
Skye629

Krays

Old 2015-07-14, 23:55   Link #633
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, let’s see, we have the director of Toaru Kagaku Railgun, Ano Natsu and Ano Hana and Mari Okada, a famous (or notorious, depends on who you ask) writer and series composer with mixed works from great to awful. Let’s just hope this AnoHana-team brings their A-game and G-Tek won’t be like Aquarion EVOL (please god no). Still, considering Okada also write M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane, G-Tek can become as dark and gloomy as that series, especially given the “Orphans” bit from the title which describe G-Tek protagonists being quite similar to M3’s protagonist-group.

All in all, I hope for the best, but bracing for the worst. Better safe than sorry, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Then again, considering EVOL and what I've heard about M3, not necessarily a positive in Okada's favor .
M3 actually has decent and, dare I say, unique story compared to other mechas out there. People just can't stand the slow pace and the always-gloomy atmosphere. It's a mecha-horror which story wrapped nicely in its finale without leaving any questions, which is good compared to other anime series out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The angle of the lower part of the body seems different than the angle of the upper part of the body to me.
*looks at Gundam Barbatos* See, I was right and won my bet! It was the view from top and no slouching Gundam and it stands up normally with the head held high. Anymore naysayers?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2015-07-15 at 00:05.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 23:58   Link #634
Skye629

Gunpla! Including a few suits not seen the the PV

Old 2015-07-15, 00:13   Link #635
com_gwp

Quote:
Directed by Nagai
Written by Okada
lol what ((((;゚Д゚)))))

There's a morbid fascination to see what they'll make of this, but I don't know what to make of these choices; certainly heavy on the melodrama. It's a band of war orphans and child soldiers traveling around to find a haven; you couldn't find a more suitable premise to mine for tragedy and despair.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2015-07-15 at 00:28.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 00:22   Link #636
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The supposed synopsis from Mechatalk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
It is a world roughly three hundred years after the end of a great conflict known as the "Calamity War".

The Earth Sphere lost its previous system of government and a new world was built with a new ruling system. While a transient peace had come, the embers of a new conflict was born on Mars, far removed from Earth.

The main character, a young boy named Mikazuki Augus, belongs to the civilian security company Chryse Guard Security (CGS). He is tasked with guarding Cuderia Aina Bernstein, a young girl who is trying to make the Martian city of Chryse independent from the rule of one of Earth's powers.

However, the CGS comes under attack from the armed organization Gjallarhorn trying to nip the bud of insurrection, so Mikazuki and the children start withdrawing as a decoy. The leader of the boys, Orga Itsuka, takes advantage of this occasion to rise in revolt against the adults who oppressed them and stages a coup d'etat.

Mikazuki, who was entrusted to fend off the Gjallarhorn by Orga, takes up the fight by using the Gundam Barbatos, a mobile suit from the "Calamity War" that was utilized as a nuclear reactor by the CGS.
So the Gundam here isn't a super prototype, but an ancient relic, interesting...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 00:32   Link #637
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So it's basically Armored Core 2 meets Gundam.

Or Gundam X and Gundam AGE together.
Old 2015-07-15, 00:34   Link #638
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I once said if okada ever wrote a macross series I will be beyond mad (considering how prominent romance is as a theme in all macross series).

Now I find out today that she and Nagai are working on the next gundam. Uh... ok.

Well not a fan of gundam anyway so I don't care much but I already feel the pain of gundam fans
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 00:43   Link #639
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Hm, well the premise seems interesting, and the mecha designs also look pretty neat. I'm interested.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 00:51   Link #640
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I once said if okada ever wrote a macross series I will be beyond mad (considering how prominent romance is as a theme in all macross series).

Now I find out today that she and Nagai are working on the next gundam. Uh... ok.

Well not a fan of gundam anyway so I don't care much but I already feel the pain of gundam fans
I don't feel the pain. I'm actually rather excited to see how this works out. There's no team that manipulates emotions better than Okada Mari + Nagai other than maybe Maeda Jun.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote