AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-22, 15:52   Link #541
J4n1

Damn, i'm actually feeling kinda sorry for Bakugou.
Not much, the guys still an ass afterall, but just a little bit.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 16:12   Link #542
Wandering Soul

Damn, Bakugou is sorta justified in being butt hurt this time. So far it just seems like this entire arc for him has just been him getting butt hurt.
Old 2015-05-22, 16:54   Link #543
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
So far it just seems like this entire series for him has just been him getting butt hurt.
Fixed, lol.

Anyway, as far as the other party goes, I actually find it a nice touch that Todoroki is still full of self-doubt, despite everything Deku told him during their match. In a typical shounen, it's not uncommon for characters to have their personal demons dealt with right then and there once they confront them. Yet in this case, Icyhot is still troubled about using his fire powers, which I find a tad more realistic (at least, as realistic as a series like this can get anyway). Needless to say, I look forward to his future development.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 19:28   Link #544
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Damn, Bakugou is sorta justified in being butt hurt this time. So far it just seems like this entire arc for him has just been him getting butt hurt.
Agreed. The fact that he went all out against Deku must make it sting even worse. I'd be pissed if I were Bakugou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, as far as the other party goes, I actually find it a nice touch that Todoroki is still full of self-doubt, despite everything Deku told him during their match. In a typical shounen, it's not uncommon for characters to have their personal demons dealt with right then and there once they confront them. Yet in this case, Icyhot is still troubled about using his fire powers, which I find a tad more realistic (at least, as realistic as a series like this can get anyway). Needless to say, I look forward to his future development.
This as well. Todoroki's problems with his powers, as well as his feelings toward his dad are really complex. It's realistic that it just hasn't gone away.

Another thing that I liked is that it brings up a different side of something most shounen get called out on: the difference that someone's mental state can make in their performance. Most shounen bring up the positive sides of this, interesting to see the negative side for a change.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 19:42   Link #545
luffyxnami

I am fine with todoroki not using fire but how can he lose to bomb boy like that. Ice should be more than enough to handle bomb boy, like come on how can bomb sweat when he is freezing and it's cold.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 22:40   Link #546
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't feel that bad for him, he still got the win. Other people got a lot less than that.

Not too surprised Todoroki lost. He might have been more even if he'd just stuck to the ice since using that fire was pretty complicated emotionally.
Old 2015-05-22, 23:25   Link #547
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I don't feel that bad for him, he still got the win. Other people got a lot less than that.
Sure, but you know everyone's going to be saying that Todoroki would have won if he went all out.

Quote:
Not too surprised Todoroki lost. He might have been more even if he'd just stuck to the ice since using that fire was pretty complicated emotionally.
Aizawa noted that he was doing poorly compared to earlier, so probably would have lost anyway.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 23:28   Link #548
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sure, but you know everyone's going to be saying that Todoroki would have won if he went all out.

Aizawa noted that he was doing poorly compared to earlier, so probably would have lost anyway.
True, but considering who we're talking about here....he probably would have found something to be upset about even if he won cleanly. That's just his way of life .
Old 2015-05-23, 04:48   Link #549
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Damn, i'm actually feeling kinda sorry for Bakugou.
Not much, the guys still an ass afterall, but just a little bit.
Quote:
He's such an annoying, noisy asshole, he could get cancer and I'd find it hard to feel sorry for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 08:32   Link #550
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I get that it's more realistic that Todoroki's problems aren't fixed instantly like magic (as we see in many shounen) but it kinda sucks for Deku, who completely wrecked his hands and lost the match, yet there was little pay off. For now at least.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 11:53   Link #551
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I get that it's more realistic that Todoroki's problems aren't fixed instantly like magic (as we see in many shounen) but it kinda sucks for Deku, who completely wrecked his hands and lost the match, yet there was little pay off. For now at least.
I wouldn't say there was no payoff. At the very least Todoroki has taken the first step to dealing with his problem about his powers.
Old 2015-05-25, 13:45   Link #552
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Quote:
Considering how much I LOVE seeing Bakugou fail, it was great to see him not get what he wants.

I gotta see the series has been proving itself very well in terms of how characters handle their various issues and each other. Ok yeah I still don't really like Bakugou and I personally can call anyone "interesting" but I'm still invested in their problems and want to see them succeed in the future. It's handling this well worn story very well.

I assume next chapter we're going to hear from Stain or something, but I also wonder if we'll see the upperclassmen of the heroics dept? Maybe it's too soon for that but since this phase of the festival is basically over...
Old 2015-05-28, 11:17   Link #553
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Chinascans out and a lot of things happened.
Spoiler:

Also, cover for volume 4:
Spoiler for Vol4:
These are the cavalry teams which explains why Mei is there.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 13:42   Link #554
J4n1

Is there a time when Bakugou is not mad?
That dude is just a constant seething ball of rage ready to explode.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 14:53   Link #555
bastek66

Bakugou is such angry bitch
Old 2015-05-28, 14:56   Link #556
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Is there a time when Bakugou is not mad?
That dude is just a constant seething ball of rage ready to explode.
It's how he was characterized. Be glad for that lol. Imagine a happy go lucky Bakugou lol. I'd start having doubts about everything around me

Also we need the close ups on Bakugou's raging face, that boy so mad I think he might be the spiritual son of One Piece's Doflamingo
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 16:47   Link #557
ranchan13

That first page of chapter 44
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess Bakugou's explosive personality just can't be contained, even in victory.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 16:48   Link #558
marvelB

Spoiler for 44:

BTW, that fan comic doesn't contain nearly enough swearing from our explosive friend!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 19:26   Link #559
LG-MAX 2.o

Spoiler for spoiler:
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 06:57   Link #560
Sixth
Hu Tao

Wow, there is just too many contents in one chapter....Bleach should learn few tips from Bokuhero.

Also, this is the first time I see a winner of the tournament got chained like a criminal. Quite refreshing in my opinion.

And it took Deku long enough to realized that he needs to use his power wisely instead of kamikaze every 3 seconds.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot