AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-01-27, 13:59   Link #2201
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

http://thedarksideofequality.blogspo...tousei-is.html

Smoking is bad for your health. Look at the comments section. These guys must be really high. Fanboys vs haters is funny.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 09:35   Link #2202
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post

Smoking is bad for your health. Look at the comments section. These guys must be really high. Fanboys vs haters is funny.
By now, i simply can't give any f*ck to those subjective reviews.

Still like what i like.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 14:03   Link #2203
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

I'm just gonna say the anime overall wasn't bad compared to most adaptions. It skipped things here and there that was like most adaptions but at least it focuses on the plot. I give it 4/5 for an adaption.

I will say though if you have watched the anime and haven't read the light novel you should go give it a try it is an interesting read with a lot more details on everything.

All hail Tatsuya-stu!!!
Old 2015-01-28, 16:22   Link #2204
RED IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbacon View Post
I'm just gonna say the anime overall wasn't bad compared to most adaptions. It skipped things here and there that was like most adaptions but at least it focuses on the plot. I give it 4/5 for an adaption.

I will say though if you have watched the anime and haven't read the light novel you should go give it a try it is an interesting read with a lot more details on everything.

All hail Tatsuya-stu!!!
Tatsuya-stu,I approve
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 17:27   Link #2205
Clutchdog

Quote:

All hail Tatsuya-stu!!!
You must be a very generous person. To think an adaption is good so long as it follows the plot.
My, I don't think I've seen a bad adaption yet, going by this metric.

To be a bit more serious. You can't use the same measurement for a successful adaption across all works. For instance the Monogatari series, say they removed all of the inner monologue there. Just animate it, make it follow the plot. Is that still a good adaption?
In essence, what you want the anime to do is to catch the spirit of the work. For some works it's easier than others. For some, when you just remove bits of it, the whole crumbles.

For Mahouka, I'll say the director didn't properly understand the source material. And that it doesn't work as an adaption if you haven't already read the novels/manga. I've had loads of people tell me this is complete shit when seeing the anime and going 180 after reading the novels.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 19:04   Link #2206
Aciald

That is amazing. With everything wrong with the anime that guy picks out something that isn't even an issue. Yet another critical race relations major headed for the unemployment line. (Seriously kids do yourself a favor and get an engineering degree you can make 6 figures straight out of college and learn race relations on the weekend.)

As for the anime everything from the bgm to the voice actors was awful. The world building from the novels was pretty much ignored. When a novel has this much exposition you need a talented director to show it through animation and not lectures.

Strictly following the plot isn't always a good thing. In this case I think a better choice would have been to start with one or two episodes featuring the 'Nightmare" short story. It would help introduce the world better. Also you get the added tension from the torture and rape of Maya to the death of 30 or so Yotsuba. Then once you get to Tatsuya the audience will actually have a sense of danger in fights as opposed to 'Yawn, Tatsuya is gonna wipe everyone out again'.

Meh, I'll stop there and just say I found the anime underwhelming.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 03:04   Link #2207
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:

All hail Tatsuya-stu!!!
does Mahouka even had a plot? I thought it was only Tatsuya being racist on chinese people jk!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 04:22   Link #2208
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
does Mahouka even had a plot? I thought it was only Tatsuya being racist on chinese people jk!
Internet, how many time do i have to say this: it is not racist when one discriminates against everyone else beside him/her.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2015-01-30, 02:22   Link #2209
AceTrigger

Who cares about some random irrelevant dude's review?

At least make it entertaining like this guy: http://www.entravity.com/mahouka-kou...suya-almighty/

his reviews for Mahouka are the best
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 02:26   Link #2210
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTrigger View Post
Who cares about some random irrelevant dude's review?

At least make it entertaining like this guy: http://www.entravity.com/mahouka-kou...suya-almighty/

his reviews for Mahouka are the best
Exactly, because of him, i joined Miyuki's Onii-sama religion - a religion which is so holy that it makes even Catholic and Christian look like shady cults.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2015-01-30, 03:09   Link #2211
MalaIT

Praise The Onii-sama, Tatsuya Stu lol
MalaIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 11:50   Link #2212
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post

Man, this is almost as bad as the meritocracy review with its "weaponized light novels"
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 01:12   Link #2213
Armando99

I watched the anime with my wife who is not a manga/novel reader. She does like to watch anime. Throughout each episode, she had a question on quite a lot of the events on the screen and I had to pause and explain to her the background behind that particular scene or event.

I thought that the anime was geared toward the fans of the novels hence the director can take more liberty than if it would have been if geared towards all fans.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 16:00   Link #2214
zerozeronine

We don't get some OVA's or specials from the BD release?I wish they would make OVA's from vol 5 chap 1 and final chapter.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 16:21   Link #2215
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
We don't get some OVA's or specials from the BD release?I wish they would make OVA's from vol 5 chap 1 and final chapter.
Even I don't have an idea why we aren't getting any specials when even far less successful shows have them.
Old 2015-02-16, 02:27   Link #2216
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Even I don't have an idea why we aren't getting any specials when even far less successful shows have them.
Probably due to the studio.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 03:42   Link #2217
zerozeronine

Quote:
I also hope that if Mahouka ever gets a season 2 another studio would animate it (like 8-Bit or Trigger or Bones or Prod I.G),MH adaption was poorly done and some eps suffered from bad animation.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 05:57   Link #2218
IceHism

Quote:
Hmm, maybe they had to choose between NGNL and Mahouka and they chose NGNL since those were the two MH spring shows
Old 2015-02-16, 08:04   Link #2219
Armando99

Or better yet, maybe they are already making the second season so there is no need for in between season OVA's.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 09:13   Link #2220
Iramohs

Quote:
Or better yet, maybe they are already making the second season so there is no need for in between season OVA's.
It's good to dream but Madhouse does not do second seasons. And an OVA is definitely needed of volume 5 or else part of volume 10 won't make sense.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote