AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-23, 05:32   Link #13061
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
man... i am impressed. everyone here prefer to talk about man than the girls.... well everyone has their own preference....

btw, why do people prefer the blood thirsty scenario where one of the character killed? geez... and they complain when i suggest NTR scenario which is mpre benevolent
Simple.

The best way to bring out the greatest change in Hajime would be to kill off one of his haremettes especially of that haremette holds a special place in his heart.

Two usual outcomes when that happens:

1) Demonization of the MC
2) Instant Power Up ... which also has two outcomes:
2a) More OP
2b) Demonization of the MC
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 05:34   Link #13062
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
All the colourful discussions involving Miu dying was definitely done by the the guys who were on drugs.

@Rantaid
And this is currently a debate on pre world transfer Hajime's character breakdown. I get the feeling this may be half as long as Kouki bashing
how rude! I don't do drugs tho I will say this, (and you guys will probably hate me for saying this) I don't particularly CARE about Myuu
and by care I mean I haven't really become invested yet, sure she's cute and all but the translated chapters haven't shown her enough times to make me care enough about whether she lives or dies
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 05:38   Link #13063
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
man... i am impressed. everyone here prefer to talk about man than the girls.... well everyone has their own preference....

btw, why do people prefer the blood thirsty scenario where one of the character killed? geez... and they complain when i suggest NTR scenario which is mpre benevolent
There's nothing benevolent in getting your girlfriend/wife raped by some disgusting guy (majority of times fat and ugly) until her mind breaks, then she can't live without his di*k anymore. Look, I hate death of main characters and tragedy, but I would rather have those than NTR. At least the girls go with some dignity left in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
My interpretation of the second sentence is something like this:

Well, my Japanese isn't all that hot either, but reading it that way makes more sense to me when I consider the context of Kouki's and the rest of the class's opinions on their relationship at that time.
Sorry, but I would rather believe the translation of the guy who translated 24 chapters than your "interpretation". Really.

Besides, why would you use Kouki's and the rest of the class opinions of Hajime as judgement? Their opinions about Hajime are so retarded biased and nonsensical that it's sad to even watch.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 06:05   Link #13064
rantaid

@Ophis

no one expect a fat ugly disgusting guy to rape (even though it would certainly more entertaining.) let me explain my point by bringing a plot from my favorite novel:

a handsome, venerable man who is expected to be mister perfect who would be heir of a respectable sect whose reputation is already known to the whole empire.

he was attracted and fall at first sight to a female warrior who is said as the most beautiful, pure and noble figure; as if immortal descend to earth. it was one sided feeling which he himself never expect and admitted would never be reciprocated by her.

one time when the girl (female warrior) was at her helpless moment and bounded, the man... fall to his own desire took advantage of her situation, blindfold her and do the deed the whole night and day until morning comes.

the girl who thought that it was her own lover who did it, unknowingly accept him, and thought that she was doing with her lover. so, she unknowingly accept and enjoy the whole night.

my point is... after the good guy hiyama dies.... this whole scenario is impossible. and kouki would not be able to do this without having massive out of character moment... in blunt word.... he is to dumb to do this.

even someone like saber won't be able to help him even after yelling repeatedly for him to "JAM IT IN!" .... beside when people dies.... man... honestly zombie scenario like that Kaori is already yucky (i retract this statement after the author open possibility to attach her souls to both body and have threesome altogether).... so even if someone dies beside a tragedy, it is ,..... welll sick.

even i agree with schion93 opinion of myuu not having any role except being some stupid Yui SAO character who has no role at all except possible deus machina .... so though i also agree the opinion of killing her, it won't be to entertaining.... beside... i think ntr will have more impact
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 07:01   Link #13065
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Yeah, but that statement isn't analyzing her true feelings. It's only establishing an explanation from Hajime's perspective for why she is paying attention to him. A sentence that follows it mentions that he is not conceited enough to believe that she has any kind of feelings for him, which shows that he is completely oblivious to her actual intentions of wanting to get closer to him at that point in time. The only point I'm trying to argue is that neither she nor the bullying are the cause of him constantly losing sleep. A more accurate diagram of his situation would be something like this:

Hajime stays up all night indulging in his hobbies > He often dozes off in class and is viewed as a lax student in general > Kaori approaches him seemingly out of concern for his wellbeing > Bullying due to jealousy increases.
Uh, do you have proof that he dozes off in class? It said that he stayed up late, not that he dozes off in class. A couple of friends of mine could stay up all night play DoTA and comes to class staying awake. So there's a chance that he stayed up late AND stay awake during class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
There's nothing benevolent in getting your girlfriend/wife raped by some disgusting guy (majority of times fat and ugly) until her mind breaks, then she can't live without his di*k anymore. Look, I hate death of main characters and tragedy, but I would rather have those than NTR. At least the girls go with some dignity left in them.
THANK YOU. This is one of the reason why I dislike NTR.

Quote:
Sorry, but I would rather believe the translation of the guy who translated 24 chapters than your "interpretation". Really.

Besides, why would you use Kouki's and the rest of the class opinions of Hajime as judgement? Their opinions about Hajime are so retarded biased and nonsensical that it's sad to even watch.
Yeah, I'm with Ophis on this.
Old 2015-01-23, 07:03   Link #13066
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
@Ophis

no one expect a fat ugly disgusting guy to rape (even though it would certainly more entertaining.) let me explain my point by bringing a plot from my favorite novel:

a handsome, venerable man who is expected to be mister perfect who would be heir of a respectable sect whose reputation is already known to the whole empire.

he was attracted and fall at first sight to a female warrior who is said as the most beautiful, pure and noble figure; as if immortal descend to earth. it was one sided feeling which he himself never expect and admitted would never be reciprocated by her.

one time when the girl (female warrior) was at her helpless moment and bounded, the man... fall to his own desire took advantage of her situation, blindfold her and do the deed the whole night and day until morning comes.

the girl who thought that it was her own lover who did it, unknowingly accept him, and thought that she was doing with her lover. so, she unknowingly accept and enjoy the whole night.
No one expect a fat and ugly guy to rape? But 90% of the time it's still them. Besides, I don't see how it makes it any less disgusting. The guy is handsome and she thought he was her lover? So what? It's still rape, and your lover is still being defiled. After that, then what? She discovers that he is not her lover but, unfortunately, can't live without his dick anymore and starts to cheat on her lover?

I still prefer so see death.

Quote:
my point is... after the good guy hiyama dies.... this whole scenario is impossible. and kouki would not be able to do this without having massive out of character moment... in blunt word.... he is to dumb not disgusting enough to do this.
There, fixed for you.

So, if Kouki does not try to rape a girl until her mind breaks and starts to "love" him, he's dumb? Seriously? If the guy has at least a bit of integrity he's dumb? I understand Kouki being criticized because of his innumerable flaws, but being criticized because he's at least a proper human being is a first.

PS: I'm going to stop discussing this NTR thing here. It's not the place for it, and just talking about NTR scenarios is making my stomach turn.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 07:07   Link #13067
Ghiest Cid

You think there would be room for magical girl type mascot ? You know the fluffy animal like being that serve as a guide.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 07:10   Link #13068
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post

You think there would be room for magical girl type mascot ? You know the fluffy animal like being that serve as a guide.
Hajime could probably make one to troll Shizuku :v
Old 2015-01-23, 07:17   Link #13069
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Hajime could probably make one to troll Shizuku :v
like he asks Kaori about what kind of animal Shizuku likes the most then sets out to make is so her katana is sentient and can have some sort of hologram projection ability where it will assume the form of said animal and make so she has to chant some ridiculous line to be able to use the sword?
Old 2015-01-23, 07:19   Link #13070
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schion93 View Post
like he asks Kaori about what kind of animal Shizuku likes the most then sets out to make is so her katana is sentient and can have some sort of hologram projection ability where it will assume the form of said animal and make so she has to chant some ridiculous line to be able to use the sword?
I'm more surprised he hasn't included it in when he upgrades her sword.

... Or is it?
Old 2015-01-23, 07:19   Link #13071
rantaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schion93
like he asks Kaori about what kind of animal Shizuku likes the most then
sets out to make is so her katana is sentient and can have some sort of
hologram projection ability where it will assume the form of said animal
and make so she has to chant some ridiculous line to be able to use the
sword?
Let's make a contract
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 07:21   Link #13072
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
Simple.

The best way to bring out the greatest change in Hajime would be to kill off one of his haremettes especially of that haremette holds a special place in his heart.

Two usual outcomes when that happens:

1) Demonization of the MC
2) Instant Power Up ... which also has two outcomes:
2a) More OP
2b) Demonization of the MC
The thing is, the formula of killing off a heroine has already been used in the story before, even if it was retconned in the following chapter. Since we already saw Hajime's response to the event, there isn't much purpose in recycling the plot device, at least as motivation for him. Do the same thing too many times and readers will just become numb to it instead, like a bad horror movie that only relies on jump scares to sell itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post

Well, I admit I may be mistaken in it. I read the raws by using a lot of dictionaries to get by, so it's not like I have the persuasiveness of a native speaker to back up my arguments. However, just by looking back at previous discussions in the forum there are precedent examples established where things were mistranslated, sometimes by a wide margin, in early chapters, so my suggestion is not totally groundless either. If someone with genuine proficiency in the language feels like taking up the challenge, I'd be happy to know the true interpretation either way.

Haha, about Kouki and the rest, I only mentioned it because one of the first dumb things he says in the story is tied to the sentence in question.

Quote:
Uh, do you have proof that he dozes off in class? It said that he stayed up late, not that he dozes off in class. A couple of friends of mine could stay up all night play DoTA and comes to class staying awake. So there's a chance that he stayed up late AND stay awake during class.

徹夜のせいで居眠りの多いハジメは不真面目な生徒と思われており(成績は平均を取っている)、生来の面倒見のよさから香織が気に掛け ていると思われている。

The bolded part of the sentence above, inemuri no ooi, with a rough dictionary translation of "doze a lot". In more proper English it would be something like "a lot of naps".
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 07:33   Link #13073
Schion93

Quote:

... Or is it?
.... so next time we see her try to draw the sword, there might be a "mysterious" force holding it in the scabbard and the mascot pops up telling her to use a very embarassing chant to be able to draw the sword?
Old 2015-01-23, 07:35   Link #13074
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:

... Or is it?
I'd bet he added some mean feature like if he uses a code word, it will turn into a Magical Baton/Staff mid-battle & turn her into a Twin tailed magical girl. (Or Pink Ranger)

You know...for kicks.
Old 2015-01-23, 07:37   Link #13075
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
I'd bet he added some mean feature like if he uses a code word, it will turn into a Magical Baton/Staff mid-battle & turn her into a Twin tailed magical girl. (Or Pink Ranger)

You know...for kicks.
yea, and he'd use that the next time she attacked him out of stress like that time he tricked her into putting on that pink mask
Old 2015-01-23, 07:54   Link #13076
Corvo269

@Rantaid

Please don't another NTR discussion.

@everybody else

Please don't add fuel to the fire. you know that once he starts he'll never stop

Also from all the discussions and from what I remember reading the 1st volume

Hajime back in his own world had average physical abilities, average academic results, dozed off in class(just drowsy and falling asleep for a few seconds) due to staying up late and the double stress from Kaori bugging him and Hiyama's gang bullying him. He also had decided what he would do with his life which meant he would've ended up working in a game company or have become a mangaka(following his parents' career) so he had his life planned out so whoever said he wouldn't amount to anything if he wasn't transported was delusional.

His strategic, tactical and political sense is top tier as shown with his interactions in the abyss, interactions with the fhuren branch head, cutting off the escape route of the demon woman even before talking to her, dealing with the hassle caused by hyuberion and freeing the slaves of the empire.

Also in class he wasn't anti social or creepy either, he would reply to others just fine but he wouldn't go out of his way to hide that he's an otaku so he he got alienated just for that (don't know why) and then got bullied due to Kaori hanging around him due to the power of envy
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 07:59   Link #13077
Tyrhunger
The First and the Last

I like Netorare too.
Tyrhunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 08:03   Link #13078
Breimoon

Is new ch raw out yet?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 08:11   Link #13079
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

So basically, Mr. MC was pictured (as) miserable (as possible) (bullying, average, that generic and pathetic classmate jealousy/"killer stare" by random classmates, the few guys who "talk" to him being "better", i. e. Kouki's the handsome guy with great academic scores and physically fit, etc), so that the writer has - fitting to the title - a "valid" reason to transform him into a "badass" jerk-ish (due to his previous cruel experiences, which I won't undermine) OP anti-hero who even got an appearance change. To me, it seems over the top as in why give him 10k stats "instantly" instead of let's say always the double amount of the "hero group" for trolling effect?, but I can't be bothered to draw the "rage" of his white knights at me
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 08:18   Link #13080
zippikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schion93 View Post
The moment hajime asks kaori about shizuku's preference, that should bring out a storm. Kaori might be too dense to realize it but Yue would not let hajime off the hook for asking about it. Remember Yue's silent treatment when hajime let aiko slept on his lap?
zippikay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel