AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler-Free Threads (for New Viewers)

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Fate-related anime have you seen?
Original Fate/stay night anime (Deen) 23 76.67%
Fate/stay night UBW movie 16 53.33%
Fate/Zero anime 29 96.67%
Fate/Illya Prisma anime 13 43.33%
Other...? (please explain) 9 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-26, 11:42   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Which other Fate-related anime have you seen?

I'd like to get a bit of a better understanding of our "Spoiler-Free" UBW anime community. Based on your being here, I'm assuming as a given that you haven't played the game or spoiled yourself on its details. But it's possible that some of you may have watched some other Fate-related anime. What have you seen?

(I can start for speaking for myself... perhaps it's embarrassing, but I've only seen the original F/SN anime, and that's it so far...)

P.S. I included the movie in the poll. Technically I guess you could say you're already spoiled, then... but if you're still here in the spoiler-free section, I'd sort of like to know what the rationale is. Obviously, you wouldn't be allowed to post anything you know from the movie...
Old 2014-10-26, 12:18   Link #2
monster

My only rationale is I don't remember much beyond a basic understanding of the setting and I tend not to rewatch anime shows aside from a few exceptions. I don't even remember much of Fate/Zero and that only happened recently.

The only negative is that I don't shy away from spoilers. I don't actively look for them (like I don't go to the spoiler threads), but I have opened every spoiler-tagged posts in the episode discussion forums just because they're there.

So I might be a rare case.

This split is going to be interesting because I probably will follow both types of episode threads, but I don't post much in the Fate/ subforums anyway, so it probably (hopefully) won't be a problem.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 12:58   Link #3
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I have watched the 2006 anime, Fate/Zero, the movie, and like the very beginning of the Fate/stay Night VN.

The only part of the VN I've ever seen is the equivalent of the first two episodes of the anime so effectively past that point I have no idea of any spoilers, especially regarding Unlimited Blade Works or Heaven's Feel. I'm just not into VNs.

The movie made absolutely no sense, and I fell asleep halfway through so honestly it can be disputed if I actually watched it or not. If you go to the movie thread, you will see me actually posting as I'm watching the movie. I guarantee you if you asked me anything about the movie I wouldn't be able to answer you; therefore I've pretty much discarded anything about it.

Unlike many, I bear no grudge against the 2006 series despite the jokes, however it honestly feels so different that I feel like I'm watching a different show here.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2014-10-26 at 13:10.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 13:08   Link #4
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've watched Fate/zero and the UBW movie. I've read a good portion of the Fate/stay night manga, and I've watched the Prisma Ilya anime to current completion, and most of Carnival Phantasm. I have not played the VN, but I've discussed it with others who have, so I'm somewhat familiar on what happens in the game. That knowledge is very barebones, though. So while I know the overall plot of Unlimited Blade Works, the individual details between it all are outside of my knowledge.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-10-26 at 16:41.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 13:18   Link #5
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ahhhh, I actually did watch like two episodes of Prism Illya too. I forgot, but that I think in and of itself should say a lot.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 15:15   Link #6
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

I have watched Deen's Fate/Stay Night, Deen's Unlimited Blade Works, ufotable's Fate/Zero, Silver Link's Prisma Illya series both the first season and Zwei, Carnival Phantasm (it's Fate related right?)

I have read the entirety of the Fate route of the VN and some bits of the other two routes through Xerblade.

I am virtually immune to spoilers as I think that a quick rundown of words that spoil a series has nothing on experiencing the series. For example, "X dies" has less relevance and impact to me than "*uses language features to explain X's despair and pain as he nears death and what he makes of his end*"
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 16:13   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For the games, I have played the entirety of Fate route, some part's of UBW and only very litte portions of Heaven's Feel. The rest of them I know only from outside sources (Wiki, etc).
For anime, I think I have seen every Fate-related anime in existence: DEEN's F/SN, DEEN's UBW, Fate/Prototype, Carnival Phantasm, Prisma Illya, etc.

Still, if mods want total security for newbies who only have experienced the animes, I think it's a good idea to prevent any members who are known to have spoiled themselves with the material by taking part in the spoiler-threads from the games (me included) from posting on spoiler-free threads because their comments, by nature, is already biased and leaning on hints (no matter how little) since they pretty much already know what's gonna happens next. I mean, even without us (the ones who are already spoiled), mods still have to deal with new pretenders who likes to post their "speculations" in spoiler-free threads. The mods should also pay attention to comments from members who already saw the previous UBW movie by DEEN as they could also post some "speculations". So, allowing spoiled members to post in spoiler-free threads will only cause trouble and will double the mods' work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(I can start for speaking for myself... perhaps it's embarrassing, but I've only seen the original F/SN anime, and that's it so far..)
No need to be embarassed. 2006 F/SN is pretty good by itself even if it's not a decent adaptation. Also, you should be grateful for not having seen Prisma Illya or Carnival Phantasm before watching this UBW series as that will potentially ruin your image of the original characters as those rather comedic entries are designed for people who already familiar with F/SN & Tsukihime games.
Old 2014-10-26, 20:17   Link #8
Wandering Soul

I have watched the DEEN anime, the UBW movie, Fate Zero, Carnival phatasm, and Prisma Ilya. I also follow the Prisma Ilya manga. I have never played the VN but I am familiar with how things go due to some research at sites like the wiki. I am familiar with how UBW goes but I don't much of the details.
Old 2014-10-26, 22:08   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Still, if mods want total security for newbies who only have experienced the animes, I think it's a good idea to prevent any members who are known to have spoiled themselves with the material by taking part in the spoiler-threads from the games (me included) from posting on spoiler-free threads because their comments, by nature, is already biased and leaning on hints (no matter how little) since they pretty much already know what's gonna happens next. I mean, even without us (the ones who are already spoiled), mods still have to deal with new pretenders who likes to post their "speculations" in spoiler-free threads. The mods should also pay attention to comments from members who already saw the previous UBW movie by DEEN as they could also post some "speculations". So, allowing spoiled members to post in spoiler-free threads will only cause trouble and will double the mods' work.
Yeah... honestly, I personally am not really sure what to do about this. All I can really say is that the punishment for pretending you're not spoiled if you are will be harsh. My current idea is a complete ban from the entire F/SN section until the anime is completely over, plus infraction points. This whole system basically has to rely on the "honour system," and sadly I know that some people have no honour and take joy in spoiling others. I could not have a lower view of such people.

But anyway, now that we have the choice, I just hope people will make the right choice, and give unspoiled people a place to discuss and speculate in peace.
Old 2014-10-27, 02:06   Link #10
Shyni

I've seen 2006 Deenime, Fate/Zero, Carnival Phantasm, and the Fate/Prototype short.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 02:55   Link #11
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

I watched Fate/Zero and 2 episodes of Illya Prisma,but I put Illya on hold till SN is over.
Old 2014-10-27, 07:09   Link #12
Hmm....

I've watch DEEN's FSN anime, UBW movies, Fate Zero and Carnival Phantasm. Never played VN.

I can't say I'm exactly unspoiled. However UBW movies was so brief that in first four new episodes alone I learned so many things I've never heard or seen before. At first, I thought these are all anime original however I later learned that most of these details were from original VN but never made it in any previous adaptations (baffing right ?)

My rationale for being here would be I'm not exactly spoiled either. I don't want to know all those little detail in VN before I've watched the anime. That is why I'll avoid spoiled section myself.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 13:17   Link #13
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I've watched F/Z, and Prisma Illya, and I've played through maybe about half of the Fate route. I haven't touched UBW or Heaven's Feel. I've been spoiled on certain developments for the story though, or at least one pertaining to certain characters identities.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 07:48   Link #14
Masquerading Lunatic
Moe Lunatic

I originally watched the Deen anime some five years ago after playing Tsukihime. I really disliked it, and could never get myself around to the VN because of it (I had a problem with most of the characters back then, and didn't think they could be adapted -that- badly, right?). I'd probably enjoy it well enough now, but I just don't have the motivation. Either way, I'm versed fairly well with the Nasuverse, and I've seen F/Z, Carnival Phantasm, an episode of Prism Illya (not my cup of tea). Also, I skimmed through the UBW movie.

I can't say I'm unspoiled by any stretch of the word, but like some others here, while I know plenty of things, I don't know all the little details, and have no interest in trying to push newbies in the right direction, haha.
Masquerading Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 07:54   Link #15
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I've read spoilers since the game came out in 2004. Watched some Deen's original couldn't stand it so I stopped. But I know what happens after. Watched all of F/Z.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 00:25   Link #16
Frontier

In terms of the Fate franchise, I've watched the original DEEN anime(and actually still enjoy it on its own, flaws and all ), the UBW movie, Fate/Zero, Carnival Phantasm and the Prism Illya anime. I also have read enough online to have a good understanding of what happens in Heavens Feel and some of the stuff that got cut or were glossed over in the UBW movie, and am looking forward to seeing a more proper and in-depth UBW adaption from Ufotable .

Though I'm not really sure which side I belong to, and am hesitant to post in the thread for new viewers lest I make a spoiler post by accident, so I might stay away from actually posting in either and just enjoy reading each thread .