AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-18, 13:50   Link #8621
Reaper Phoenix

I think Aiko's situation is similiar to self-hypnosis. She wants to be a teacher that always side with her students so much that she is unable to abandon them at all. A mental block if you will. That plus her relative naivety makes her a hypocrite in certain circumstances. She does improve a bit in later chapters though.

=================================

Hajime is so sensitive in being called a chuunibyou that he escaped to his own little world with Yue.
Being called a chuunibyou is his kryptonite.
Old 2014-10-18, 14:16   Link #8622
Harens
Lolicon in-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
And Aiko's even worse.
Aiko's not that bad.
Sure, she's a bit hung up on "being a teacher", but her character is naive, that's to be expected.
Harens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:18   Link #8623
Maxaumus

I'm so glad someone else noticed how Akio is
Maxaumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:23   Link #8624
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harens View Post
Aiko's not that bad.
Sure, she's a bit hung up on "being a teacher", but her character is naive, that's to be expected.
I agree, personally like how she is true to her belief on how and what a teacher should be and it was implied she is like this cause she was once saved by her teacher when she herself was younger and a student...I imagine its cause of her problem with her height and apparent age issue XD
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:28   Link #8625
teejmo

Hypocrisy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

Aiko claims to be the teacher who watches over her students. She's also the lone adult in the entire world that realizes these are kids who really should have nothing to do with someone else's war (well, Meld does to, but it's not like he's trying to keep them from the war). She wants them all to go back to Earth. I don't see how she's a hypocrite for forgiving Shimizu and hoping he comes back. She's not really in the wrong - is it really wrong to hope that someone will be good? She's just somewhat naive and idiotic to believe that everything will go back to normal.

I was actually surprised that the other students were there. I thought it was just a secret meeting between Shimizu, Hajime and co., and Aiko, but the kids witnessed Hajime's "no nonsense" approach. I don't remember if anything was mentioned about how their feelings on Hajime's actions.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:30   Link #8626
Breimoon

just read translation, anyway Shimizu was naive.
He should have just told Kouki
" I have learned a magic that will make you way stronger so that no one else will die, but you will have to stay put for a few hours" and Bakahero hould have believed him.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:34   Link #8627
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
just read translation, anyway Shimizu was naive.
He should have just told Kouki
" I have learned a magic that will make you way stronger so that no one else will die, but you will have to stay put for a few hours" and Bakahero hould have believed him.
... I think it's a good think you weren't in that class. The entire plot would have been destroyed.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:43   Link #8628
Althalus57

First of all thank you En Do for this chapter and what a long chapter this was I do not want to imagine the amount of work that it should havebeen for you and the people that help you.

Concerning Aiko I think that she just try to continue to follow her belief because it is maybe a way to protect herself from the harsh reality? Or because she is just a teacher that her students security and wellness is the most important issue in this world(which earned her the admiration of Hajime it seems)?

@ Reaper Phoenix it seems that your definition of Chuunibyou for Hajime is spot on lol he is so desperate that he did not even realize that his teacher was in a dangerous situation.

Finally: just a couple of weeks before the apparition of
Spoiler for silly spoiler:
also known as secret boss YAY ^^
Althalus57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:49   Link #8629
Harens
Lolicon in-Training

Just noticed something.
How come Will got mentioned twice(or thrice) in this chapter and Tio wasn't even mentioned once?
Harens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 14:54   Link #8630
Breimoon

so final/secret boss is about to show herself? Good, cant wait to see if she is as good as you guys say.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 16:23   Link #8631
Oniele

floating heads

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Oniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 16:33   Link #8632
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Phoenix View Post
I think Aiko's situation is similiar to self-hypnosis. She wants to be a teacher that always side with her students so much that she is unable to abandon them at all. A mental block if you will. That plus her relative naivety makes her a hypocrite in certain circumstances. She does improve a bit in later chapters though.
She's not really naive though, she knows that reality isn't always nice, and you can't always protect or guide correctly, But she still wants to try anyway.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 17:24   Link #8633
Maxaumus

you really think what she did with shizuma wasn't naive or what she asked hajima to do while doing nothing and helping no one isn't hypocritical? also you do now they're not kids they 17 and 18 which is old enough to make there own decisions and join the military. its nothing really wrong with her wanting the best for them and not wanting them to fight,but she's not seeing the reality of the situation and is trying to change their decisions to what she thinks is best for them and thats going beyond teacher to parent. her being a teacher in this situation and in similar one s one earth is useless and she hasn't protected anyone in fact so far she's a danger to herself and others.

Last edited by Maxaumus; 2014-10-18 at 17:36.
Old 2014-10-18, 17:38   Link #8634
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
... Okay, is this for real? Cause it's going to be real awkward if people find out.
the 1st one nah, the 2nd one yes.
-----------------
so how long is this renaming of characters going to go on for..... or is it supposed to be some kind of spoiler protection....
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 17:45   Link #8635
Maxaumus

on a different note do you think the hourai tribe is going to put the collar on most of the nobles there including lilian
Old 2014-10-18, 17:46   Link #8636
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxaumus View Post
you really think what she did with shizuma wasn't naive or what she asked hajima to do while doing nothing and helping no one isn't hypocritical? also you do now they're not kids they 17 and 18 which is old enough to make there own decisions and join the military. its nothing really wrong with her wanting the best for them and not wanting them to fight,but she's not seeing the reality of the situation and is trying to change their decisions to what she thinks is best for them and thats going beyond teacher to parent. her being a teacher in this situation and in similar one s one earth is useless and she hasn't protected anyone in fact so far she's a danger to herself and others.
From what I gather her position allows her to gather a lot of support and protect some of the students. I'm not sure if you are intentionally turning a blind eye to this but lets say this scenario presents itself.

They got back home tomorrow. Half her students are dead from fighting in a war and many are insane. No one is going to give a crap that the students are 17-18, they were left in her care. She has to do something to protect them. If she goes back and says, "well he was influenced by the demons and was beyond saving so we had to kill him." Do you think his parents are going to buy it? The police wont give a damn either. She'll be all over face book with nasty comments like heck she didn't even try to reform the kid what kind of teacher is she?

The way I see it she's trying to protect the children and live up to her responsibility. If they ever make it home people are going to expect her to be held responsible. Is it logical? No. That's just how shitty humans are though.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 17:51   Link #8637
The_Codfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireRogue View Post
Have we heard anything about the demon dungeon did that guy Freed use a special type of magic besides the space warp/teleport against Hajime and party. That he might have got from his home dungeon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
The snow dungeon in the demon country is the ability to control monsters, like what the demoness had when she tried to enslave Kouki and co. Freed also used this to control some dragons that almost took out Hajime during the volcano dungeon.
During their encounter at the lava dungeon, Hajime posited that the age of gods magic Freed learned was the ability to summon monsters, if I recall right, and not just tame them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Or in other words, he's forcing his way mentally.
Part of the reason why I like him so much. Rance is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harens View Post
Just noticed something.
How come Will got mentioned twice(or thrice) in this chapter and Tio wasn't even mentioned once?
Spoiler:

Quote:
and Hajime who suddenly became the target could hear Shimizu cursing as “Even though you’re just a chuuni character,” and actually he got a considerably deep damage as he looked at the distance to escape the reality.
Quote:
Maybe thanks to Hajime ignoring the serious mood and entering his own world(?)
Quote:
Incidentally, Hajime finally returned to reality at this time. Because he was on the trip to escape the reality up until now
Heehee.

Last edited by The_Codfish; 2014-10-18 at 18:06.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 18:04   Link #8638
Maxaumus

she has done nothing to protect them in fact she's endangered them and it s unrealistic to think she would get in trouble for what adults decided to do in another world, and for that fact why would she be blamed for it what there doing has nothing to do with school? Plus think about it if they were on earth and someone tried to recruit them to join the army or police to fight who ever would she try to stop them and do you think she would hide terroist student identity or look for a potenial terroist or try to save one if they were on earth no cause none of that is in her job or smart. Plus her whole speech hypocrital speech where she basically said his life would turn out as a worst case scenario was awful. especially when you consider based off their beliefs and position it was her groups job to try to help or protect those people and they did nothing but pass the responsibilty. they didn't even try to help them fight over what 50k enemies of unknown power and ability. All that said she probably is a good teacher though dont know cause I haven't seen any thing to prove it. tell me who has she helped or protected? look at what she did she took her student into the mountians to look for a possible terroist and almost got them killed and then hid the fact from the people in the city
Old 2014-10-18, 18:12   Link #8639
Xacual

How has she endangered them? She straight up fought the Church and Kingdom leadership to stop leading the kids to fight and allow them to not be pushed into that. Also what do you want her to do? She really didn't have any other option, she even says herself that it was terrible of herself to ask that of Hajime but she stood by her decision that even if Hajime didn't help, she was ok with it because it was his decision.

Also she was entirely right that Hajime was following an extremely lonely path. Hajime has gotten much, much better as a character and person after that speech from Aiko.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 18:16   Link #8640
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxaumus View Post
you really think what she did with shizuma wasn't naive or what she asked hajima to do while doing nothing and helping no one isn't hypocritical? also you do now they're not kids they 17 and 18 which is old enough to make there own decisions and join the military. its nothing really wrong with her wanting the best for them and not wanting them to fight,but she's not seeing the reality of the situation and is trying to change their decisions to what she thinks is best for them and thats going beyond teacher to parent,and her being a teacher in this situation is usless and she hasn't protected anyone
No, she sees the reality. But she fights against that reality. Even if there's no hope for her student, even if she realizes that, she still wants to help them. To her, thats what being a teacher is.
And she uses everything in her power to help them too. But the fact is, she doesn't have a lot of power in this world.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel