AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-02, 08:20   Link #5541
Amanomurakumo

I have a fairly Mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, and as for Kouki's behaviour, and as for empathy, the meaning is the ability of being able to share someone else's feelings, and understand them. Just because you are unwilling to kill someone does not mean you have empathy. I would find very hard to bring myself to try and kill someone even if they were an enemy, and it is not because I empathise with them. It is just not in my nature to hurt people. However I do have a hard time interacting with other people because I tend to only concern myself with my own feelings, and end up talking one-sidedly about topics I am interested in without noticing that the other person is sick of listening to me speak. I think that Kouki could very well fit the profile of an Asperger Sufferer.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 08:29   Link #5542
deathcoy

You know what Kouki is?

A Tank with tunnel vision. God i hate having such tanks in dungeons and raids...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 08:29   Link #5543
senjiro
ecchi sage

Lol, dont apologize him, now, he is a tard coz when he is not the "one " when he not has the light spot he trhow a tamtrum , he thinks too much of himself, and better for shizuku if part ways with him, before she dies thanks to him...

Regards myu, i believe she will say " i wanna too " je je.
Continues with myu greatness
Spoiler for fly fly myu:
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 08:33   Link #5544
dragon1412

empathy here is not the problem, Asperger mainly recognized by the weak capability in interaction, and this is what lead to the lack of empathy. And yes, lack of empathy doesn't necessarily mean you can kill someone in cold blood but Kouki stop when his survival matter, so he have empathy, back on the 1st point, so far, Kouki get along well with most of the class, so he obviously cannot be an Asperger.
Deathcoy pretty much nail the point, his main problem is tunnel vision, he can't see beyond a point.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 08:49   Link #5545
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
You know what Kouki is?

A Tank with tunnel vision. God i hate having such tanks in dungeons and raids...
you mean like charging into the behemoth meanwhile the party is either oom or has no fucking clue what their doing and totally ignoring he has to lead them since he is claimed himself a leader, but instead wants glory to show off?

Ye I can see the resemblance.
Old 2014-09-02, 08:54   Link #5546
Amanomurakumo

By getting along you mean telling people what to do, and being surrounded by fawning girls who only cared about him because he is good looking, good at sports and studying? The story never gave any information about Kouki's relationships with his classmates other than his few conversations with Kaori, Shizuku or Hajime. Depending on the conditions a condition like Asperger's may never be noticed. I was only diagnosed at the age of 15.
Kouki is still an idiot though. I would never pass judgement on a person, of whom I know nothing about. I certainly would not assume that Hajime was enslaving or abusing women when I have never seen any such behaviour to make me believe that such activity is being carried out. Some people like wearing collars (or chokers or whatever.) like goths and such, and master can mean more than just a slave master, maybe Tio could have been a disciple. The problem with fictional characters however, is that they are limited to only what the author decides to show, so many end up being one-dimensional. Arifureta is sorely lacking in screen time for anyone not named Nagumo hajime, so pretty much every character in the story is rather flat. Ryutaro for example, what is he like?
If this novel were to be published as a light novel, I would hope that there would be improvements in this regard.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 09:03   Link #5547
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
By getting along you mean telling people what to do, and being surrounded by fawning girls who only cared about him because he is good looking, good at sports and studying? The story never gave any information about Kouki's relationships with his classmates other than his few conversations with Kaori, Shizuku or Hajime. Depending on the conditions a condition like Asperger's may never be noticed. I was only diagnosed at the age of 15.
Kouki is still an idiot though. I would never pass judgement on a person, of whom I know nothing about. I certainly would not assume that Hajime was enslaving or abusing women when I have never seen any such behaviour to make me believe that such activity is being carried out. Some people like wearing collars (or chokers or whatever.) like goths and such, and master can mean more than just a slave master, maybe Tio could have been a disciple. The problem with fictional characters however, is that they are limited to only what the author decides to show, so many end up being one-dimensional. Arifureta is sorely lacking in screen time for anyone not named Nagumo hajime, so pretty much every character in the story is rather flat. Ryutaro for example, what is he like?
If this novel were to be published as a light novel, I would hope that there would be improvements in this regard.
are we talking about Asperger or the novel, i simply point out the reason he cannot be an Asperger since the syndrome itself is social interaction difficulties, and he show fine by capable of talking to others and show no sign of aversion toward interaction. I work as a psychologist and i have seen my fair share of Asperger case, from low range to high range, Asperger is hard to notice at times, true but someone who is actually charismatic and capable of initiating as well as received social interaction is clearly not an Asperger.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 09:06   Link #5548
jheno13
Apostle's apprentice

Kouki a hero who is hesitant to kill a villain who tried to kill or enslaved them but didn't even try to protect the honor of hajime who almost died protecting them...

That's one sided Justice for me...
For kouki hajime is irrelevant in his so called Justice..

All hail kouki....
Old 2014-09-02, 10:20   Link #5549
dandiehard

hi first time post

need to ask which girl is the milf in hajimes harem?? i know one of them is called a milf but cant remember which have a feeling its Myu mother
dandiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 10:51   Link #5550
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Spoiler for fly fly myu:
Heh, that scene. Wait...didn't he destroy part of the dock using his skill? Well, it was an emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Yeah, let's just agree to disagree. Well, back to Miu: How would Miu react to Kaori's new body?
"Kya~ M-M-Miu!?"

*Boing* *boing* "Uwaah, You got bigger Kaori-neechan!" *giggle*
Old 2014-09-02, 11:38   Link #5551
Shyxx

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Spoiler for fly fly myu:
Heh, that scene. Wait...didn't he destroy part of the dock using his skill? Well, it was an emergency.
If I remember correctly he destroyed the part, where he and the persons near him stand because he jumps with too much power.(?)
Shyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 12:02   Link #5552
En do
Waiting~

check my profile....I really need to return to arifureta...
Old 2014-09-02, 12:09   Link #5553
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Thanks as always En do
BigNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 12:22   Link #5554
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by En do View Post
check my profile....I really need to return to arifureta...
hahahaha don't worry man you are doing a good job
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 14:28   Link #5555
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Kouki = the most entertaining false hero whom everyone loves to hate. Somehow, people hate him even more than Hiyama Daisuke who intended to kill Hajime. Isn't that interesting? There was not many Daisuke bashing, but tons of Kouki bashing even though Kouki was not evil. I actually enjoy this discussion even though the reasons for Kouki bashing had been repeated over hundreds of times, but I never got bored.

All hail Kouki and all hail the author for creating Kouki so that everyone can relieve their stress on him Kouki made you laugh. He should be honored with the award of Best Comedian of the Year in addtion to whatever titles he received from being stupid.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 14:34   Link #5556
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
Kouki = the most entertaining false hero whom everyone loves to hate. Somehow, people hate him even more than Hiyama Daisuke who intended to kill Hajime. Isn't that interesting? There was not many Daisuke bashing, but tons of Kouki bashing even though Kouki was not evil. I actually enjoy this discussion even though the reasons for Kouki bashing had been repeated over hundreds of times, but I never got bored.

All hail Kouki and all hail the author for creating Kouki so that everyone can relieve their stress on him Kouki made you laugh.
the same could be said to the infamous Zwitch from Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ^^

well, it's their own fault~
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 14:46   Link #5557
DarkSilverSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post

All hail Kouki and all hail the author for creating Kouki so that everyone can relieve their stress on him Kouki made you laugh. He should be honored with the award of Best Comedian of the Year in addtion to whatever titles he received from being stupid.
Daisuke is just a jealous guy who got pissed by having his crush following an otoku loner. This hate is actually fine, we understand why but kouki is just a retard and a self-centered prick, who get's pissed if he's not the best and there is actually someone else standing in the podium.

Btw what happened to Daisuke in the story? I only read a few chapters with machine translation once in a while.
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 14:58   Link #5558
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSilverSky View Post
Daisuke is just a jealous guy who got pissed by having his crush following an otoku loner. This hate is actually fine, we understand why but kouki is just a retard and a self-centered prick, who get's pissed if he's not the best and there is actually someone else standing in the podium.

Btw what happened to Daisuke in the story? I only read a few chapters with machine translation once in a while.
Spoiler for Hayama had this coming:

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 14:58   Link #5559
Iamis

The biggest reason I think Hiyama Daisuke Was not bashed as much, besides screen time, was because he was honest about being a douchebag

Spoiler for Daisuke:
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 15:03   Link #5560
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
The biggest reason I think Hiyama Daisuke Was not bashed as much, besides screen time, was because he was honest about being a douchebag

Spoiler for Daisuke:
Was it Hajime that did it? if yea, then sweet sweet revenge.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel