Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-07-28, 14:06   Link #4741
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
shinkawa too? O_O
No, his motivation is partially because he wants to be a killer like his brother to prove something to himself and the other "Death Guns", and partially because he's a psycho male yandere for Shino.
Old 2014-07-28, 15:24   Link #4742
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
No, his motivation is partially because he wants to be a killer like his brother to prove something to himself and the other "Death Guns", and partially because he's a psycho male yandere for Shino.
And partially because his life was shit and his big bro was essentially manipulating him into joining them. Or was that just my interpretation?
Queen of Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 17:04   Link #4743
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Corners View Post
And partially because his life was shit and his big bro was essentially manipulating him into joining them. Or was that just my interpretation?
i didn't see any manipulation here.
Old 2014-07-28, 17:25   Link #4744
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i didn't see any manipulation here.
I don't know. Kyoji was bullied, burdened with a lot of expectations from his parents and didn't know how to bear with the pressure. I'm pretty sure his first solution for all the problems wouldn't be killing people for real, especially not according to that little speech how he and Shino could go to a better world. His brother, on the other hand... well, some emotional manipulation, as slight as it is, was definitely present right there. Somebody had to convince him to join the plan, no?
Old 2014-07-28, 18:58   Link #4745
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I don't know. Kyoji was bullied, burdened with a lot of expectations from his parents and didn't know how to bear with the pressure. I'm pretty sure his first solution for all the problems wouldn't be killing people for real, especially not according to that little speech how he and Shino could go to a better world. His brother, on the other hand... well, some emotional manipulation, as slight as it is, was definitely present right there. Somebody had to convince him to join the plan, no?
I don't see Kyoji as someone who need that much convincing. Kyoji wasn't a pawn he was a active participant.
Old 2014-07-28, 22:53   Link #4746
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I don't see Kyoji as someone who need that much convincing. Kyoji wasn't a pawn he was a active participant.
This. His brother opened the door, but Kyoji jumped through and slammed it shut behind him.
Old 2014-07-29, 04:44   Link #4747
Parousia

Quote:
Not really. That's just why he hates Kirito and other clearers. It's more that he's a psychopath than anything else. Didn't know what to do with himself after SAO ended.
Quote:
DG start killing in GGO because he wants to kill, he is a psychopath.

he went after kirito because of SAO.
Thank you guys for the answers. But I have another one, what was the avatar types said to Kirito at his first divein GGO and what made them rare and unique?
Old 2014-07-29, 04:46   Link #4748
Queen of Corners

Quote:
This. His brother opened the door, but Kyoji jumped through and slammed it shut behind him.
I guess you're right. Maybe I was just hoping we had at least one pseudo antagonist who isn't a complete and utter psychopath with no real personality other than being EVIL. So far, only Kayaba ever came close to being the exception.
Old 2014-07-29, 04:56   Link #4749
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I was just hoping we had at least one pseudo antagonist who isn't a complete and utter psychopath with no real personality other than being EVIL..
You're asking way too much from Kawahara. He doesn't know how to write antagonists, or complex characters in general really. He writes what he knows, and he likes it just fine so he'll probably never change. You either get used to it or look somewhere else.
Old 2014-07-29, 05:22   Link #4750
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You're asking way too much from Kawahara. He doesn't know how to write antagonists, or complex characters in general really. He writes what he knows, and he likes it just fine so he'll probably never change. You either get used to it or look somewhere else.
I'd say Sinon, Eugeo and Yuuki are complex characters, but that's just me. Antagonists, though... you've got a good point.
Old 2014-07-29, 06:42   Link #4751
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Novel, none(that I know of). The sole(and remaining) translator is focused on the main series after all. Volume 1 of Progressive is only missing Rondo, though Pryun seems to be translating the web version instead of the Progressive version(hint: google Pryun blogspot). Is there a difference between the two?

Manga, behind by two chapters as the group that usually does it did an overhaul of their website and changed their group name. They have a massive backlog so it'll be done when it's done.
3, that is. (which would turn to 4 by tomorrow
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 07:52   Link #4752
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Thank you guys for the answers. But I have another one, what was the avatar types said to Kirito at his first divein GGO and what made them rare and unique?
It's called <<M9000>>, and it's rare because it's a male avatar with a female appearance.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 11:18   Link #4753
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I guess you're right. Maybe I was just hoping we had at least one pseudo antagonist who isn't a complete and utter psychopath with no real personality other than being EVIL. So far, only Kayaba ever came close to being the exception.
He might not be complex but koyji is very real,

Think Adam Lanza, Elliot Rogers and James Holmes.
Old 2014-07-29, 12:41   Link #4754
XFire
150% done

Quote:
As far as antagonists, the Integrity Knights in Alcization did a pretty good job from what I heard.
Old 2014-07-29, 17:03   Link #4755
Queen of Corners

Quote:
As far as antagonists, the Integrity Knights in Alcization did a pretty good job from what I heard.
Except they're not really antagonists and the Administrator is another run of the mill psychopath. Just a bit more competent at it.
Old 2014-07-29, 17:04   Link #4756
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
they are not antagonist, just a puppet for the sexy admin
Old 2014-07-29, 21:23   Link #4757
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Except they're not really antagonists and the Administrator is another run of the mill psychopath. Just a bit more competent at it.
Antagonist doesn't mean villain, just someone who opposes the protagonist to advance the plot.
Old 2014-07-30, 04:09   Link #4758
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Antagonist doesn't mean villain, just someone who opposes the protagonist to advance the plot.
They don't do that either, except during their first ever appearances. If you're up to date on volume 14, you might want to check the web novel summaries.
Old 2014-07-30, 05:38   Link #4759
M.A.D

Quote:
They don't do that either, except during their first ever appearances. If you're up to date on volume 14, you might want to check the web novel summaries.
At one point, they did play the role of antagonists, so they're suited to the title regardless of what side they're on later in the series.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 06:14   Link #4760
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
At one point, they did play the role of antagonists, so they're suited to the title regardless of what side they're on later in the series.
Fair enough, I suppose.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality