Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-07, 11:04   Link #781
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Really? I saw that as SakuraxSaberxRin with Shirou as That One Guy Friend. Whose being pestered by his older and younger sisters.
I guess you are right regarding the left side of the picture. But Sakura looks more... like a sister with the way she handles Saber.

But I can already see how some anons will react to this:
"This is proof! Rin is placed next to Shirou! We always knew that UFOtable liked Rin the most, with that extra episode in Fate/Zero for her! This is going to be a Rin route! We know it! It is too late to hide it, UFOtable!"
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 12:04   Link #782
Brother Coa
Banned

*Sigh at fate fans discussing the routes again.... -_-

On the other side really like the outfits, suits them perfectly for summer season
Ilya is a cutie-pie and Shirou took some mode lessons from Lancer xD

Saber is really kawaii, and Sakura maintaining her hair... :3
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 07:17   Link #783
Chriscras

I feel like no one is talking about how there is a possibility that they could adapt all 3 routes over 24+ episodes.

It has been done for other VN adaptations in the past so there is some precedence, and I really think it would do FSN the most justice.
Chriscras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 07:55   Link #784
GDB

It would take far more than 24 episodes. Hell, you'd need close to 24 episodes for any of the routes to be done justice by themselves.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 08:03   Link #785
Brother Coa
Banned

There is no way for them to do that, Fate/Stay night is just too massive even with one route. So they only have 2 choices: go with one or create unique one that has major events from all 3 routes. But they will most probably do it like DEEN did in 2006 - take one route and try to integrate events from other two into it thus covering everyone.

I also think that this would give FSN the most justice, but you must have in mind that there are a lot of people who would ljust prefer their own favorite route and not have any other included. Especially HF fans, because their route was never adopted into anime or any other media to that except VN. But this time, thanks to Fate/Zero they showed some things that are usually HF only so they will most probably put those things into new anime. But the problem is that they want to please majority and give everyone nice closure, and since HF don't cover everyone's good ending they will probably change some things to make it work for everyone. Now the problem here is that people don't want any changes, and it is justified as nobody liked how DEEN dealth with Sakura ( to be fair her route is the most difficult because of all dark things and because the events in HF are liek that they cannot be so easily presented with other routes - unlike Fate and UBW that can work combined just fine ).

But the debate is pointless because scrips was over long ago and how they decided to do it we shall see in October. But as I said - there will probably be a lot of disappointed people, but majority will probably be pleased and that's what they are aiming at.
Old 2014-07-08, 20:34   Link #786
Chriscras

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It would take far more than 24 episodes. Hell, you'd need close to 24 episodes for any of the routes to be done justice by themselves.
Well they did the entire UBW route in a 1 hour and 45 minute movie, which I personally enjoyed more than the entire 2006 series, so technically 8+ episodes per route could be an option. But really I just wanted to leave that comment out there on the off chance that all three routes do end up being adapted

Last edited by Chriscras; 2014-07-08 at 20:46.
Chriscras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 20:36   Link #787
GDB

You can "do" a route in one episode if you chop it up enough. Doesn't mean they were done justice, which is the entire point. And I don't think you'll really find anyone who read the VN that would say the UBW movie was a good adaptation.
Old 2014-07-08, 20:44   Link #788
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I guess you are right regarding the left side of the picture. But Sakura looks more... like a sister with the way she handles Saber.

But I can already see how some anons will react to this:
"This is proof! Rin is placed next to Shirou! We always knew that UFOtable liked Rin the most, with that extra episode in Fate/Zero for her! This is going to be a Rin route! We know it! It is too late to hide it, UFOtable!"
To be perfectly honest my real thoughts were more like,
Spoiler for lol:

but then there was shipping talk and I couldn't resist
Old 2014-07-09, 02:20   Link #789
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscras View Post
Well they did the entire UBW route in a 1 hour and 45 minute movie, which I personally enjoyed more than the entire 2006 series,
Dude... how could you enjoy that abomination of a movie?
Sure it has nice animation and fight was done better than in anime but the story.... they butchered it so hard that they destroyed the movie.
As mediocore as it was the anime series was way better than the movie.
Old 2014-07-09, 10:44   Link #790
cyberdemon

I must says, the pictures with Rider in it sure love to emphasize her... assets lol. Nothing to hate about that though
Old 2014-07-13, 17:02   Link #791
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Anyway... I hope Ufotable gets someone onboard that knows the German language well... Never again I want to hear Rin's "German Chants". I feel like screaming at my screen everytime she starts to read something from her German-Japanese dictionary (at least that is how it sounds like when reading it as someone who knows the German language well, I personally blame the Japanese for not having enough grammatical rules).
I always just treated that as part of her characterisation. Magus chants are just a form of self-hypnosis, so the exact words don't actually matter, and I see no real reason why Rin would actually bother to take the time to learn German properly (and, even if she did, she would have started doing magic well before she reached an age where she would be likely to spend time learning German). Most likely she actually is just reading stuff from her German-Japanese dictionary, or just inheriting the butchered German her father used (it's notable that Sakura also casts spells in German, which suggests that she was taught to do so before she was adopted into the Matou family).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
And as I said several times already even if that is established in VN why do they have to follow it?
Because it's her bloody characterisation. They don't have to, but not doing so means getting her character wrong.

Quote:
Especially if they choose not to have her as main romantic option but, say Rin instead of her. How do you HF part then?
The only way to include HF is to make it a significant part of the plot that is woven in from the very beginning. You can't just dump in a few HF-like episodes. If they're not willing to do that, then they should find another way to deal with Zouken and Sakura that doesn't involve her Dark form and just involve her in the story in another way.

Quote:
That is hard to do since the story is just to different, so I assume they will change some things to better tell the story.
Which totally wrecks her character. The point of Sakura is that she is extremely strong and Zouken can't break her.

Quote:
To make Sakura corrupt Zouken can just make use of her care and love for Shirou and Rin ( you don't even need to go to love part, you can just do friendship part since beside Shirou Sakura doesn't have any real close friends ), he can manipulate her in that he will kill them if she don't submit to his wishes.
The problem is that, without the interaction with Shirou, Zouken can't break her. And, forcing her to go corrupt willingly to protect them is dumb, because if she becomes corrupt she is likely to cause them more harm anyway. She would in that case just sacrifice herself to prevent it happening. He could try to kill them, yes, but they have servants.

Quote:
Moreover, Zouken can use Sakura to awaken the Grail himself. If he can control it, he can corrupt her and that can bring out Angra Mayuu with ease.
No, he can't. If he could do that, then he'd have done it in Fate and UBW, as well as most likely HF.

Quote:
What do you mean completely? Sakura is Sakura, she is the same in Fate, UBW and HF. ( whoever say that her true personality is just in HF needs to read the VN )

They only need to add some other reason than " I love Shirou so, so, so very much' to corrupt her - and there you have it. It's not hard and with few 'original scenes' it can be done. Have her battle the good guys at cave, save her, kill Zouken - happy ending for her without sacrificing her character or HF part of the story.
Sakura is the same character in all the routes, yes, but HF is the only route in which HF-like events happen, so you can't judge anything about her reaction to situations like that from anything other than HF.

Quote:
Now the problem here is that people don't want any changes, and it is justified as nobody liked how DEEN dealth with Sakura ( to be fair her route is the most difficult because of all dark things and because the events in HF are liek that they cannot be so easily presented with other routes - unlike Fate and UBW that can work combined just fine ).
The problem is that you are basically saying "they should do exactly what DEEN did but better", which entirely misses the point. DEEN did it that way because there is no way to include Dark Sakura out of nowhere without setting it up beforehand (which means changing the story significantly from Fate).
Old 2014-07-15, 16:53   Link #792
Death Usagi
Banned

Just have Shirou go 5P and deal with it =w=
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 16:58   Link #793
GDB

Saber, Rin, Sakura, Illya... is fifth supposed to be Rider or Taiga?
Old 2014-07-15, 17:21   Link #794
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

5P includes the man, duh
Old 2014-07-15, 17:29   Link #795
GDB

Wow, brain fart. Good point.
Old 2014-07-15, 18:48   Link #796
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wow, brain fart. Good point.
Nah, we need Kirei and his mapo tofu to join as well.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 19:16   Link #797
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

"Do you want some?"
"NO!"

If this won't make it into the anime, then this will surely not satisfy "everyone".
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:51   Link #798
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I must says, the pictures with Rider in it sure love to emphasize her... assets lol. Nothing to hate about that though
Same with most Sakura pics*tears* it totally ruins their characters. Also,
Spoiler for route:

Thats what I know, for now...
mirakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 16:13   Link #799
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
Spoiler for route:
It has already been multiple times stated in this thread that it is currently unknown if the anime is going to follow an original route. The quote you are referring to has been miss translated. It actually just says the anime is going to have some original content, not that the whole anime is going to be original.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 16:28   Link #800
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It has already been multiple times stated in this thread that it is currently unknown if the anime is going to follow an original route. The quote you are referring to has been miss translated. It actually just says the anime is going to have some original content, not that the whole anime is going to be original.
Ok, but, wouldn't it be boring if it was just a combi or HF with some extras? Plus if HF was made, Saber fans will probably go on a riot, lols! Still, some people, including me, would be pissed off if it was just an adaptation or combi of the routes with some extras. Especially when they've waited for a long time... Also, with all the amazing anime this year, it would be a huge letdown. What I have stated, the creators would have thought of so i'm looking forward to Oct...
mirakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable