AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-30, 09:48   Link #1521
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

if they skip over volume 5, i'll riot. i fully expect at least half the episode to be Mayumi's bathtub monologue.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 10:07   Link #1522
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't. That said I can't believe the anime's gonna wast precious time animating Morisaki's demise. What a waste.
what's wrong with showing a little Justice? lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
if they skip over volume 5, i'll riot. i fully expect at least half the episode to be Mayumi's bathtub monologue.
you're quite the wishful thinker lol. As many Mayumi scenes that they've cut, even if they show that scene it'll be glossed over in about 30 seconds.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 11:04   Link #1523
rladls2121

Thank you for the preview.
Curse this criminals.
First Mari, and then Morisaki.
At most I wanted to see how Morisaki goes in fair combat.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 11:16   Link #1524
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Thank you for the preview.
Curse this criminals.
First Mari, and then Morisaki.
At most I wanted to see how Morisaki goes in fair combat.
Read his SS in vol 5 then. Morisaki is certainly not weak, among the 1st years male(Bloom) he is certainly the strongest of them but he pales in comparison to many magicians at 1st High . Only two members of the male team who are more relevant than him will show their skills at the 9SC. Tatsuya is in charge of the female team so the male side is not that important.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 11:18   Link #1525
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Read his SS in vol 5 then. Morisaki is certainly not weak, among the 1st years male(Bloom) he is certainly the strongest of them but he pales in comparison to many magicians at 1st High . Only two members of the male team who are more relevant than him will show their skills at the 9SC. Tatsuya is in charge of the female team so the male side is not that important.
Outside of Tatsuya and Miyuki, who would you say is the strongest now that the 3rd years have graduated?

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 11:37   Link #1526
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Outside of Tatsuya and Miyuki, who would you say is the strongest now that the 3rd years have graduated?
I would say Minami.
Old 2014-06-30, 11:58   Link #1527
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I would say Minami.
So not fair that hidden Yotsuba have dominated First High. Imagine if Ayako and Fumiya also went to First High What's your list of the powerful students going to look like? Mine's like this:

1) Tatsuya
2)Miyuki
3)Minami
4)Tomitsuka
5)Shizuku/Morisaki?/Mikihiko
6)Erika/Morisaki?/Saegusa twins
7)Shippou
8)Leo
9)Honoka/Mizuki
10)

I might have overestimated Morisaki a bit but I think he really is strong. It's just his bad luck that he's in the same year as the miracle Yotsubas.
Anyway, I'm still missing a bunch of people like Eimi, Chiaki, Azusa, Hattori and Kent.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 12:36   Link #1528
RDNexus

Maybe, if White Foz had gotten interested in adapting this one, it could have become something really worthy of being called "epic"?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 13:23   Link #1529
StormKing

Quote:
So not fair that hidden Yotsuba have dominated First High. Imagine if Ayako and Fumiya also went to First High What's your list of the powerful students going to look like? Mine's like this:

1) Tatsuya
2)Miyuki
3)Minami
4)Tomitsuka
7)Shippou
8)Leo
9)Honoka/Mizuki
10)

I might have overestimated Morisaki a bit but I think he really is strong. It's just his bad luck that he's in the same year as the miracle Yotsubas.
Anyway, I'm still missing a bunch of people like Eimi, Chiaki, Azusa, Hattori and Kent.

I think you underestimated Honoka. She got 4th place in technical skills right behind Morisaki. Also she performed well in 9SC and the Parasite battles.

She may not have a personality suited to combat but I 'd put her at 6.

People like Azusa and Hattori could probably match either Tomitsuka or Shizuku.
Hattori seems more powerful than Azusa because he is more combat oriented while Azusa has a strong focus on engineering.

I think Kanon would be able to match Tomitsuka as well.

Not sure about the others.
StormKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 13:26   Link #1530
HandofFate

yuck, watching episode 13 right now.
Really disappointed with they way they're handling things, especially the 'cliff-hangers' which just shows that they're going to completely skip over it next episode.

They cut out the entirely of Kita's hybrid rifle and just how crazy it was. And then the scene again with tatsuya declining public credit for it had zero impact and expression. Because of this, the scene afterwards of the rival school commenting on it has no base and the viewer still really has no idea what the rifle system means.

Not to mention cutting all the mari/mayumi commentary time.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2014-06-30 at 13:46.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 13:37   Link #1531
Echizen777

Quote:

1) Tatsuya
2)Miyuki
3)Minami
4)Tomitsuka
7)Shippou
8)Leo
9)Honoka/Mizuki
10)

To not get too off-topic I answered on another thread.
Old 2014-06-30, 20:22   Link #1532
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
what's wrong with showing a little Justice? lol.

you're quite the wishful thinker lol. As many Mayumi scenes that they've cut, even if they show that scene it'll be glossed over in about 30 seconds.
Who cares about "justice" when we could have spent this time on some other characters?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 21:14   Link #1533
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I fully expect that to be skipped by Madhouse, really At this point I'm not even sure if the Election would be animated, and they just mentioned offhand in Season 2 (if there'll be one) that Mayumi retired and someone took her place.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 21:29   Link #1534
Wandering Soul

I can see them skipping the election but not the beach episode. I am gonna be real upset if they skip the explanation of how Tatsuya lacks strong emotions.
Old 2014-06-30, 22:48   Link #1535
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I can see them skipping the election but not the beach episode. I am gonna be real upset if they skip the explanation of how Tatsuya lacks strong emotions.
yeah, that's one thing they can't skip. its development for literally the whole core group of first years.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 19:05   Link #1536
AceTrigger

OST for first half is out

Spoiler:
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 19:54   Link #1537
nosaer

^ Sweet announcement. I'm checking it out now. been curious about some of the BGM on various scenes throughout the anime. Maybe I'll hear some of them in this

Edit: Copyright police got that quickly lol. Luckily I managed to download it before it was taken down. Its an interesting OST in some parts. Most of the anime BGM that I could recognize came from the later tracks. the first few tracks weren't that great in my opinion except for Tatsuya's Piano medly they start off with an interesting riff and then develop into a not so interesting song. Around track 7 or so is when the soundtrack starts to get a bit interesting but its really up and down. alot of the tracks have an interesting piece to it here or there, but as a whole weren't great imo. the more electro/techno tracks are around the middle, but its the back end of the OST where it really starts to shine a bit. I say 17 - Intruder, and 19 - Miyuki are the best tracks. 17 takes forever to develop, but its pretty good after that minute and a half or so. Miyuki will be recognize-able right away to anyone who's watched the anime.

Last edited by nosaer; 2014-07-01 at 21:08.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 20:40   Link #1538
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTrigger View Post
OST for first half is out

Spoiler:
dammit the guy got ban
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 01:17   Link #1539
rladls2121

There are no other choice to download, I think.
But, is this series anime soundtrack, really worth to have?
I did not that think there are not many enjoyable tracks.
Mainly, most of the battle sounds are not good for me.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 03:45   Link #1540
Verisimilitude

Kinda funny how the name of the BGM when Tatsuya and Miyuki are acting lovey-dovey is called "Animoe"
Anyway, the album is quite decent. Not particularly outstanding in any way, but still quite good.

Last edited by Verisimilitude; 2014-07-02 at 04:12.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote