AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-16, 09:47   Link #741
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
So its contradictive.

Tatsuya is the heir but he can't use family magic ?

And then they strip his status because he's fake magician ?

Weird huh ?

How we can explain Miya and Maya situation based on this case ?
Yotsuba has 2 separate blood lines(or heritages sounds more appropriate) if you want to call it that way since the 4th institute...

one line with the mental interference magic, miya -> miyuki

and one line with an abnormal large magic calculation zone, maya -> tatsuya

Probably that's is why unlike a normal BS magician , tatsuya has multiple magic Specialities like decomposition and regrowth, we can argue but i think elemental sight was something he was born off with, since ES is a sensory type-magic and the most uber of them all i don`t see ES as something he just learned along the way, but its arguable if he was born with it or not.

How about a insane brain twister that tatsuya is actualy maya's son with koichii , but had her sister raise him in order for her to be the head. This would just blow my mind away.Having both mayumi as half sister and miyuiki as cousin.that wil increase miyukis chances as well
now lets discuss this.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-16 at 09:58.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 10:07   Link #742
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
How about a insane brain twister that tatsuya is actualy maya's son with koichii , but had her sister raise him in order for her to be the head. This would just blow my mind away.Having both mayumi as half sister and miyuiki as cousin.that wil increase miyukis chances as well
now lets discuss this.
A son between Maya and Koichi ... when Maya was still 10 - 11 years old ... personally, I think that there is a higher chance that a development is going to occur where, Tatsuya is the son born from Maya's frozen eggs that have been stolen from her, during the Untouchable incident, a few years after that happened, compared to something like this...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 10:14   Link #743
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
A son between Maya and Koichi ... when Maya was still 10 - 11 years old ... personally, I think that there is a higher chance that a development is going to occur where, Tatsuya is the son from Maya's frozen eggs that have been stolen from her, during the Untouchable incident compared to something like this...
dude maya is the same age as miya her twin sister. are you saying miya had miyuki when she was 11 years old wtf.
besides maya was like 12 years old 25 years ago when she got abducted by dahan. That will make her almost 40 years old deducting the age of tatsuya which is 17 how the hell did u get to 10 11 years old?
its even mentioned that she in the 40's but she looks like she 30 years old.

so a love child between maya and koichi is not out of the question come on play a little

Besides the difference between tatsuya and miyuki is what 10 month seems a little to fast for miya with her weak body to get pregnant that fast after giving birth to her first child.
Old 2014-04-16, 10:29   Link #744
@GEMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
By oficially being the next head i meant that she would be anounced to be the number one candidate to be the head and it is said sometimes that maya wants the world to know who the shibas are by the end of the third year.
When did maya mentioned this?
Old 2014-04-16, 10:32   Link #745
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
When did maya mentioned this?
i want to know that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
By oficially being the next head i meant that she would be anounced to be the number one candidate to be the head and it is said sometimes that maya wants the world to know who the shibas are by the end of the third year.
besides since when it mandatory to announce the clan heir to the world? that will only invite more danger.
Old 2014-04-16, 10:38   Link #746
Chris38

@SoboSobo

I think that you have forgotten that Maya has lost her reproduction capabilities ... which is the reason why Koichi's and Maya's engagement has been terminated, after what was done to her by Dahan ... and like you said she was 12 at that time.

Quote:
Thus, the Yotsuba's revenge ended. In the aftermath, only tragedy lingered.

Yotsuba Maya lost her ability to procreate due to the injuries she received at this time. Regeneration treatment had progressed to the point of manufacturing limbs and transplanting them, but reviving her natural female abilities was beyond them.

Due to her inability to have a child, the Yotsuba clan and the Saegusa clan dissolved Maya and Kouichi's engagement. Saegusa Kouichi had forever lost his right eye and his beloved simultaneously. As for Kouichi, cloning and transplanting techniques had advanced enough to restore his eye. Nevertheless, Kouichi rejected that possibility, for he could not live on alone unmarked as if nothing had happened.

In the aftermath of this incident, Miya broke her body from overusing her mind manipulation magic before she turned twenty like a penance. She was repeatedly in and out of the hospital and lived her life under medical care for ten years.
So using this piece of information he can't be Maya's and Koichi's son ... since like you said, the age gap doesn't fit.

So ... I think that the only way,where it's possible that Maya could be Tatsuya's actual mother is where the eggs that have been stolen by Dahan, would be used a few years after that incident to give birth to Tatsuya ...

Basically, a few months earlier then when Miyuki was born ... Zhou / the Black Sage and some of their allies managed to give birth to Tatsuya from Maya's stolen eggs.

After a few years of training - sometime before Tatsuya's operation occurred - they sent him in an attempt to eliminate the Yotsuba ... which resulted in his capture.

A young Miyuki was present during that scene ... and before he has been captured, some kind of affection was born between her and the young Tatsuya ...

Which is the first reason why Tatsuya hasn't been killed, with the second one being the unique magic capability that he had, but rather ... as we know, Miya and Maya have preformed an operation on him, to eliminate any other emotion apart from that affection and also implanted / modified his previous memories (along with Miyuki) to make both of them forget about this incident... which also gave him the capability to use ordinary magic to disguise the true reason why the operation has been done on Tatsuya.

I believe that this is ... pretty much, the only logical way of how Tatsuya could be Maya's son, considering the hints / information that we have and sorry for the confusion with my earlier post...

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-04-16 at 10:51.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:04   Link #747
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
@SoboSobo

I think that you have forgotten that Maya has lost her reproduction capabilities ... which is the reason why Koichi's and Maya's engagement has been terminated, after what was done to her by Dahan ... and like you said she was 12 at that time.

Thus, the Yotsuba's revenge ended. In the aftermath, only tragedy lingered.

Quote:
Yotsuba Maya lost her ability to procreate due to the injuries she received at this time. Regeneration treatment had progressed to the point of manufacturing limbs and transplanting them, but reviving her natural female abilities was beyond them.

Due to her inability to have a child, the Yotsuba clan and the Saegusa clan dissolved Maya and Kouichi's engagement. Saegusa Kouichi had forever lost his right eye and his beloved simultaneously. As for Kouichi, cloning and transplanting techniques had advanced enough to restore his eye. Nevertheless, Kouichi rejected that possibility, for he could not live on alone unmarked as if nothing had happened.

In the aftermath of this incident, Miya broke her body from overusing her mind manipulation magic before she turned twenty like a penance. She was repeatedly in and out of the hospital and lived her life under medical care for ten years.
So using this piece of information he can't be Maya's and Koichi's son ... since like you said, the age gap doesn't fit.

So ... I think that the only way,where it's possible that Maya could be Tatsuya's actual mother is where the eggs that have been stolen by Dahan, would be used a few years after that incident to give birth to Tatsuya ...

Basically, a few months earlier then when Miyuki was born ... Zhou / the Black Sage and some of their allies managed to give birth to Tatsuya from Maya's stolen eggs.

After a few years of training - sometime before Tatsuya's operation occurred - they sent him in an attempt to eliminate the Yotsuba ... which resulted in his capture.

A young Miyuki was present during that scene ... and before he has been captured, some kind of affection was born between her and the young Tatsuya ...

Which is the first reason why Tatsuya hasn't been killed, with the second one being the unique magic capability that he had, but rather ... as we know, Miya and Maya have preformed an operation on him, to eliminate any other emotion apart from that affection and also implanted / modified his previous memories (along with Miyuki) to make both of them forget about this incident... which also gave him the capability to use ordinary magic to disguise the true reason why the operation has been done on Tatsuya.

I believe that this is ... pretty much, the only logical way of how Tatsuya could be Maya's son, considering the hints / information that we have and sorry for the confusion with my earlier post...
for some reason i thought that mayas accident happened after the shiba siblings were born. i got my thoughts mixed up pretty hard need a brake

i just thought this kind of twist would fit the upcoming yotsuba and saeguesa conflict. Dropping a bomb like this in between the clans would've made for an awesome story twist. I guess i let my thinking go to far and tried to fit this in that context.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:15   Link #748
Lazy cat

Quote:
@SoboSobo

the operation in tatsuya ocurred at his 6 year old, you think the black sage send a 6 year old child to exterminate the yotsuba? even now with his 17 years he can't beat all the yotsubas.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 11:58   Link #749
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
No, I only get that they favor SON because they carry family's name.

You should understand japanese traditional culture.

You change name when you're marry.

Yotsuba Miya >>> Shiba Miya

So its contradictive.

Tatsuya is the heir but he can't use family magic ?

And then they strip his status because he's fake magician ?

Weird huh ?

How we can explain Miya and Maya situation based on this case ?
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by that last part with Tatsuya. But as for how the Yotsuba operate, we have:

Spoiler for For vol.10, chapter 9:

and

Spoiler for For vol.11, chapter 15:

The Yotsuba don't go the traditional, "direct lineage" route and Tatsuya is surprised to learn that te Saegusa are patriarchal, which implies that the family he is familiar with, ie. the Yotsuba, aren't bound by those same customs. As pampz pointed out, other families like the Saegusa, the Chiba and the Itsuwa are, but then, the Yotsuba are pretty "different" in everything they do.

Regarding the Yotsuba name, it's perfectly accepted in Japan that the husband can take the wife's family name and be "adopted" by her family in order to continue her family line if there are no male heirs and if the wife's family are important enough for anyone to care. Miya presumably changed her name upon marriage because as she wasn't head of the family, it wasn't her duty to carry on the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
You know, none of that is actually confirmed. A lot of people speculate that Miya stepped aside of her own will since Maya was unable to have children. So Miya let Maya become head to give her purpose.

We don't know if the Yotsuba chose Maya, or if Miya stepped aside and the Yotsuba ended up with Maya as the head.

The exact circumstances haven't been stated, your point can't be proven because it's nothing but theory.
Yeah, this I can totally accept. I got a bit carried away with assumptions in that last post, sorry
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 12:07   Link #750
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
the operation in tatsuya ocurred at his 6 year old, you think the black sage send a 6 year old child to exterminate the yotsuba? even now with his 17 years he can't beat all the yotsubas.
its seems a little far fetched.

I don`t know if it was me projecting some idea or maybe my own desire as a reader to see some change in the status quo of the characters and i let some stupid idea slip out.

But i do hope we can see some change in the siblings status in the next few volumes.
I mean yeah the under dog thing was cool in the first year of high school but it seems redundant now that everyone knows his not some c-rank average magician no matter what the ranking system says or what he says
I mean the whole first high probably knows about his skills as a magician by know as well as his engineering , and that's not restricted to first high alone .
Let's ignore the fact that he can use gram demolition which is a skill very very few magicians are able to do, and i mean powerful magicians, many students witnessed him using gram dispersion to erase entire spells and not some weak ass spells the a rank type ones, even through the spell itself has no visual representation in real word i guess many students understand that's not some magic your average magician that he claims he is would posses.
Jummonji as the acting head of the house, most likely knows his from the yotsuba, erika knows for sure, mayumi is 95% convinced she from yotsuba and the rest of his friends already knows his from the 10MC.Not to mention his friends knowing about his regrowth ability and as well that his part of a very secretly part of the military that probably doesn't just take any magician in their ranks considering what powerful magicians are already in the unit.
But since that taboo of asking another magician about his magic no one stepped to flat out ask him anything.
I would love to see some change in the next volumes, not anything major like revealing his a SC magician but at least related to his magic and his ties to the yotsuba.
It getting rather boring to keep reading that he tries to hide his skills, and no one is buying it but they go along with it because they don`t want to press the matter because they are his friends and don`t wanna ruin a friendship.
this kind of change will also help cement some relationships in their lives while putting strain on others like their relations with the saeguesa if the clan confrontation starts to heat,with mayumi but with the twins as well that just began to change their opinion about him and izumi's admiration for miyuki.
How will izumi's image of miyuki will change in the aftermath of the heated conflict and truth that the person she admires is now the enemy.
But this just my wishful thinking.
If i have to read through the next volumes that will stick to same underdog formula i`ll be disappointed but i`ll still read them .
Old 2014-04-16, 13:26   Link #751
Lazy cat

^ well said, is time for he to be reconized as a yotsuba or at the very least taurus silver, if the story keep repeting the same elements forever it will not develop.
Old 2014-04-16, 14:06   Link #752
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
^ well said, is time for he to be reconized as a yotsuba or at the very least taurus silver, if the story keep repeting the same elements forever it will not develop.
i`m sure even the author agrees with us that's why i`m confident some change will come, not sure about taurus silver that will bring way to much attention to him and he doesn`t want that because of his other secret, but his decomposition magic and ties to yotsuba should come up. I mean most people already know they just don`t say it.

from the preview of the 13th volume, it seems tatsuya will be involved in some missions for yotsuba, even saving the head of the Kuroba family's life and heals his hand with regrowth. This might be the first step the clan recognizing him as one of its members at least i hope so.
And with the yotsuba vs saeguesa conflict coming then his status as a strategic magician will most likely come up, since koichi already knows about that and he will bring that issue up .
Why do i smell a marriage proposal between mayumi and tatsuya as a proposal from koichi to bring tatsuya into his clan, in order to ballanace the powers of the 10MC?
Old 2014-04-16, 14:29   Link #753
Chris38

Quote:
Why do i smell a marriage proposal between mayumi and tatsuya as a proposal from koichi to bring tatsuya into his clan, in order to ballanace the powers of the 10MC?
Maybe he will propose this ... but I don't see the Yotsuba agreeing with that and actually giving away Tatsuya ... since that would actually bring more power to the Saegusa clan and weaken the Yotsuba.

Their reasoning could simply be that Tatsuya is just a Guardian and not an actual member of the Yotsuba clan... since I don't see all the members of the Yotsuba actually acknowledging that he is a proper magician, even when his Strategic class magic is going to be revealed.

Furthermore the Saegusa would also be in a pretty tight position due to the deal that they have made with Zhou near the end of volume 12 ... which the Yotsuba definitely have the capability of discovering...

I have an idea why you mentioned this though ... but I don't see the relationship / paring stuff being resolved so quickly ... when there is still about 2 years of the story ahead of us.

Furthermore ... I think that the author mostly cares about the reception of the audience / fans from Japan and not the western ones

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-04-16 at 14:42.
Old 2014-04-16, 14:45   Link #754
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Maybe he will propose this ... but I don't see the Yotsuba agreeing with that and actually giving away Tatsuya ... since that would actually bring more power to the Saegusa clan and weaken the Yotsuba.

Their reasoning could simply be that Tatsuya is just a Guardian and not an actual member of the Yotsuba clan...

Furthermore the Saegusa would also in a pretty tight position due to the deal that they have made with Zhou near the end of volume 12 ... which the Yotsuba definitely have the capability of discovering...
true, but i really don`t think koichi will give a shit even tatsuya was the maid if what he gained was a SC magician.And the "his a guardian reason" doesn't float since the head of the yotsuba can simply release him from the guardian status any time she wants.

And yotsuba might not have a choice, yeah yotsuba members are more powerful as individuals due to their innate magics but saeguesa are not pushovers they are known for being the most well balanced magicians being able to use all types of magic hence the nickname "omnipotent" and they have numbers. If a fight were to take place even if the yotsuba was to win they will come out in a very bad shape, and they`ll lose a lot more then just giving tatsuya away :P
Worst case they lose 2 mages, tatsuya and myuki in a war the loses will be a lot more costly not to mention the power loss the clan will suffer.

I can already see the the dialog for this:

Koichi sits at the table, with a smirk on his face, few second later a proposition comes out.
" Maya-san, i popose that shiba tatsuya to be married to my eldest daughter mayiumi , for the future cooperation between our clans.
Yotsuba Maya, sit there with a straight face like she already knew what koichi was about to ask.
" NO.
A straight and decisive answer was given.
Yotsuba clan members gathered here for the meeting just stood the in silence with a dumb stunned expressions on their faces thinking "why the hell would Maya-sama would not agree to trade a lowly guardian when the rewards were far greater then one guardian".
Few more moment pass and the yotsuba men regain their composure but the same question remaind in thier minds. an suddenly they hear a new question.
" May i ask why? Allowing a member not so important of your clan to marry into the saeguesa will be beneficial for both our clans."
Just as koichi finished his question maya responded in a serious and raised voice.
"Do you take me for a fool, Saeagusa-san?
"Do you really think i would allow Shiba Tatsuya, a Strategic Class magician to merry outside the yotsuba clan?
By hearing this statement the yotsuba members present at the negotiations where stunned upon herring Yotsuba maya words.They simply stood there with eyes wide open and a " WHAT THE FUCK DID SHE JUST SAY!!!!" on their faces.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-16 at 15:03.
Old 2014-04-16, 14:58   Link #755
Lazy cat

^ both sides would be impaired so there is no point in pressing the issue for neither of then.
Old 2014-04-16, 15:41   Link #756
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
^ both sides would be impaired so there is no point in pressing the issue for neither of then.
true buy the saeguesa also have kudou clan support, so yotsuba might be at a loss on this one we will see.

Btw when is the volume 13 actually coming out?
Old 2014-04-16, 15:48   Link #757
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
true buy the saeguesa also have kudou clan support, so yotsuba might be at a loss on this one we will see.

It's already been out for a few days.
Old 2014-04-16, 15:57   Link #758
black_cat1

Quote:

Yotsuba has the power to destroy a country, something that the other clans in Ten Master Clan do not have. Kudou and especially Saegusa knows damn well what happened with Dahan just because they messed with Yotsuba clan so definitely they won't do something stupid to provoke Yotsuba clan.

In the novel, Koichi only dare to plot indirect and secret action against Yotsuba, even Kudou Retsu himself isn't capable to do that. Baran did say that whoever walks the magic path must know the 'untouchable' Yotsuba, they are worldwide famous.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 16:13   Link #759
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Yotsuba has the power to destroy a country, something that the other clans in Ten Master Clan do not have. Kudou and especially Saegusa knows damn well what happened with Dahan just because they messed with Yotsuba clan so definitely they won't do something stupid to provoke Yotsuba clan.

In the novel, Koichi only dare to plot indirect and secret action against Yotsuba, even Kudou Retsu himself isn't capable to do that. Baran did say that whoever walks the magic path must know the 'untouchable' Yotsuba, they are worldwide famous.
tatsuya alone can nuke a country take that yotsuba clan.

Now seriously i don`t think "Yotsuba has the power to destroy a country" actually means in brute force, more like they in how they operate.
As for dahan they didn`t destroy the country they took out the Magic Research Institute and it took 1 and a half years and they lost more then half of their combat mages. They did win but not as easily as u make it to be.And the conflict started because dahan abducted maya and did all kinds of kinky stuff to her

besides this has come back to bite their asses now muhahahahaha.Looking forward on yotsuba begging tatsuya to save their skins.
Old 2014-04-16, 16:30   Link #760
IceHism

Would they even need tatsuya? There is no defense to meteor stream (Maya's magic) except for decomposition and the yotsuba assassins are 2nd to none. The poison bee magic is really deadly cause more ppl than mitsugu can use it.

Sure saegusa is balanced but they have no counter to yotsuba's unique magics and mental inference attacks
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote