AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-04-04, 23:14   Link #5901
kitten320

The animation quality seems to be similar to the one in the movie.

Liked the whole dragon talk scene.

Hope anime will be able to make some of the crappy manga moments look at least a bit decent.
Old 2014-04-04, 23:58   Link #5902
ginger02

First thing is what a great OP! Leave it to BoA to come out with another great song. Maybe it's just the excitement of Fairy Tail returning after a year, but it's probably my favorite OP for FT in a while.
Also enjoyed the ED scenes. I think Breathe sang it. Lol I guess Avex cut some deal to get both of their artists to the the songs.

The studio is still great with their adaptions. Everything felt good and funny. I love that they don't really dilly-dally much and get straight to the good stuff. Thought today's episode would be a recap.

It's weird that CR lists it as episode 1 (even though it's true). It'll just take some getting used to, since it is a relaunch.

Story-wise, I wonder who that dragon was that allied with humans at first. Acnolgia's history is interesting (and i totally forgot about it lol).

I think the only thing I don't like are Gray's pants. I liked his old outfit. In general, I'm not a fan of the paler, and more pastel color scheme. I prefer bolder colors.

Other than that, it's nice to see it back ^_^
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 00:26   Link #5903
II Maestro

Great to see Fairy Tail airing again~!

Nice opening & ending.

Zirconis sure is an interesting dragon~!
Old 2014-04-05, 00:54   Link #5904
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm. Definitely not an opening ep to ease a new viewer into what in the world is going on, but after 170+ eps I guess it is understandable, eh?

Fairy Tail was one of those series for me that was limited in its appeal because of a recurring theme that was fine for a while but got kinda stale for me in time.

Even so, with such a huge cast of characters some should appeal to most anyone who even has a mild interest in the series, eh? For me the main character I liked was Wendy, and it was nice to see her again.

I honestly don't think I will follow this series at the moment - Fairy Tail as a franchise askinda run its course for me. But I wouldn't be surprised if later on I took a look at some of the beginning eps of S1 for old times sake. ^^
Old 2014-04-05, 01:17   Link #5905
Simonsy

Well good episode, prolly great actually cause super informative and probably be one of the more important episodes to rewatch later in series.

BUT 1 thing did bother me and that was the beginning and ending. It kind of threw me for a loop, like was this in manga, are we skipping around, whats going on.

They needed to do a better job of making it known or transitioned to charlies vision to not make it so confusing. Would have preffered they kept it out completely. I understand why they did it. First episode, want to give the kids something neat to see, some cool guy fighting some cool dragons. Explosions, fire, ect everywhere. YOu know some action to go along with a information heavy episode. But when watching continuously it wil be a tad strange imo.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 01:30   Link #5906
ginger02

My reaction when I saw the episode, in a good way.

I missed seeing so much FT on my tumblr dash for the past year. There are so many pics and gifs now.
Old 2014-04-05, 01:37   Link #5907
Chase

Im loving the extra layer of detail. OP is nice and not because of NaLu. Im not really a fan. The episode itself good. Like I said, the extra detail helps tremendously. Sting ended dude quick.lol. Wendy's part with her using Milky Way looked good.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 02:36   Link #5908
ginger02

I know it's early, but the excitement of Fairy Tail returning already got me wondering about the next arc already. If the studio keeps going at their 2 chapters a week rate, that's 20 episodes. They can stretch some scenes and fights out and make it 24 episodes. That leaves them 3 options when this arc comes to an end around Autumn:

1. Animate the next arc

2. Create a filler arc

3. Take another break.

All 3 options have their benefits and drawbacks. It seems like burnout affected the studio earlier so a break might be nice, but shounen shows can't always take a break. It worked in this case it seems because it was a very clear end, in that the show won't be back for a while. Also it ended in the middle of the arc, so it kept fans wanting to watch.

Animating the next arc could work, though they will eventually catch up again with it.

A filler is possible, and I like their fillers. It would only really fit either between these two arc, or somewhere in the next (with how it is structured).
Perhaps they will animate the next arc with some filler alongside, though that can be difficult.
Old 2014-04-05, 02:55   Link #5909
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

The thing I liked most about the episode: the opening song by BoA! xD When are they going to release a full version? I wanna download it. The best OP song for me in the series (or maybe it's because I got tired of listening repeatedly to the old ones, lol). Also, the ED scenes reminded me of some shoujo anime. Haha. Honestly there's too much NaLu even for me who likes the pairing. Although I do know some people who were so hyped by it, to the point of tears...

Art-wise, the new colors kind of bothered me. They should go for a sharper color palette that's easier on the eyes. This is also one of the reasons the movie sucked for me. I wish they'd use the old colors again, but then I don't think they'll do that

Story-wise, several scenes felt kind of rushed. The Sting vs. Jiemma scene felt rushed and kind of awkward... also that scene when the Hooded Woman dropped her notebook. The Zirconis scene was good and funny. I also noticed the episode remained very true to the manga; I was hoping for more added *funny* scenes, like in the past episodes, but oh well. Perhaps next time!

It was a great start for the relaunch, anyway!

Last edited by Pinwheel10; 2014-04-05 at 03:24.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 03:57   Link #5910
konart

So much for Lucy x Natsu fans
Old 2014-04-05, 05:56   Link #5911
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The new OP sounds COOOOOOOOOOOOL! *_*
Totally loving the R&B beats and BoA's rendition of the song.

But I have to catch up first to the anime...!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 07:30   Link #5912
ookamigirl

This totally brightened up my day!
It's finally back!! ^^ and so is the fun & action!
Been a while since the previous season..
This one is off to a great start.
I don't expect anything less from Fairy Tail.
OP & ED are awesome as well.
I totally missed Natsu x Gray fights ^^
Erza kinda seems more serious than before.
I like the subtle changes in certain characters.
Great first episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 08:30   Link #5913
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I know it's early, but the excitement of Fairy Tail returning already got me wondering about the next arc already. If the studio keeps going at their 2 chapters a week rate, that's 20 episodes. They can stretch some scenes and fights out and make it 24 episodes. That leaves them 3 options when this arc comes to an end around Autumn:

1. Animate the next arc

2. Create a filler arc

3. Take another break.

All 3 options have their benefits and drawbacks. It seems like burnout affected the studio earlier so a break might be nice, but shounen shows can't always take a break. It worked in this case it seems because it was a very clear end, in that the show won't be back for a while. Also it ended in the middle of the arc, so it kept fans wanting to watch.

Animating the next arc could work, though they will eventually catch up again with it.

A filler is possible, and I like their fillers. It would only really fit either between these two arc, or somewhere in the next (with how it is structured).
Perhaps they will animate the next arc with some filler alongside, though that can be difficult.
Personally I would prefer:
1) This arc
2) Filler
3) Next arc
4) Filler
5) Current arc that should end by then
6) Maybe another filler or take a break.

It just makes no sense to take a break again so soon after. Otherwise they should have waited another year before re-launching.
Old 2014-04-05, 08:40   Link #5914
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Art-wise, the new colors kind of bothered me. They should go for a sharper color palette that's easier on the eyes. This is also one of the reasons the movie sucked for me. I wish they'd use the old colors again, but then I don't think they'll do that
I always thought the old style was too colorful, and preferred the movie. The new style seems kinda halfway: some parts are toned-down, but others look as bright as the old style.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 08:43   Link #5915
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Personally I would prefer:
1) This arc
2) Filler
3) Next arc
4) Filler
5) Current arc that should end by then
6) Maybe another filler or take a break.

It just makes no sense to take a break again so soon after. Otherwise they should have waited another year before re-launching.
There are too many series out there such as Naruto and Bleach with fillers. Fairy Tail in my opinion is trying to avoid the consequences of giving too much fillers and then come back with Canon episodes. I think putting too much filler will somehow affect the viewer, sometimes might even made the viewers lost the mood to enjoy the series. Naruto did exactly that to me. Ahh, but that is just me though. I felt that Fairy Tail principle of Canon or nothing is quite pleasing.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 09:27   Link #5916
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post

1. Animate the next arc

2. Create a filler arc

3. Take another break.

Well, here's the thing. If Fairy Tail continues to always do the two chapters an episode pace, there's still about Eighty episodes left until it catches up to the material (And this is not counting the fact that Mashima not releasing more than one chapter a week again). At the moment it looks like the Tataros arc is the last arc in the manga (And even if it isn't, lets just assume the anime would take another break right after its over). So unless the rest of the Tataros arc is longer then eighty chapters, there may not even be a problem.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 10:01   Link #5917
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
There are too many series out there such as Naruto and Bleach with fillers. Fairy Tail in my opinion is trying to avoid the consequences of giving too much fillers and then come back with Canon episodes. I think putting too much filler will somehow affect the viewer, sometimes might even made the viewers lost the mood to enjoy the series. Naruto did exactly that to me. Ahh, but that is just me though. I felt that Fairy Tail principle of Canon or nothing is quite pleasing.
It actually depends on the quality of the filler arcs the animation studio spews out. I don't know about Naruto, since I never picked that show up, but I can attest to Bleach at least... damn, it's fillers sucked. Fairy Tail, on the other hand, had pretty decent fillers, but the last one (the Key of the Starry Heavens) was a bit too...uninteresting. I have faith in the anime producers, though. The filler scenes in the GMG arc were great and worked really well with the canon scenes. If they make more filler arcs in the future, I wouldn't mind, I'd still keep watching. Just a suggestion, they should really focus on the other members of Team Natsu, though. Like, make a Gray or Erza filler arc. Now that will make me very happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Well, here's the thing. If Fairy Tail continues to always do the two chapters an episode pace, there's still about Eighty episodes left until it catches up to the material (And this is not counting the fact that Mashima not releasing more than one chapter a week again). At the moment it looks like the Tataros arc is the last arc in the manga (And even if it isn't, lets just assume the anime would take another break right after its over). So unless the rest of the Tataros arc is longer then eighty chapters, there may not even be a problem.
Are you kidding? Tartaros arc will not be the last. Igneel has yet to show up! And don't forget, there must still be the epic war against Zeref himself and his pet Acnologia. That, IMO, will take at least two more arcs.

This series is going into filler after the GMG, I bet. Too soon for a break, and it's really gaining much attention again because of its recent relaunch.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 10:15   Link #5918
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Are you kidding? Tartaros arc will not be the last. Igneel has yet to show up! And don't forget, there must still be the epic war against Zeref himself and his pet Acnologia. That, IMO, will take at least two more arcs.

This series is going into filler after the GMG, I bet. Too soon for a break, and it's really gaining much attention again because of its recent relaunch.
I didn't say Tataros would be the last arc. I said it looked like it would the last arc. I also said even if its not, I don't think the arc would last more then eighty chapters (And by that I mean eighty more chapters from where it is now. (Which would make it over 100 chapters). Don't worry. I got most of my bases covered.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 10:42   Link #5919
Wandering Soul

It's nice to finally have the fairy tail anime back and I liked the opening and ending. Good first episode.
Old 2014-04-05, 10:46   Link #5920
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Whatever they plan to do episode-wise I'm sure it's planned out. Had the choice of when to come back and had the time to plan out that return. So for now I'm just going to purely enjoy the episodes we've got .

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen