AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-04-03, 09:53   Link #461
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
I have to ask, is there more to this series than just incest? Cause that's all I see the bloggers focusing on, and proclaiming that this show's not gonna be good because of it.
they probably never read it, so don't pay atention to it, besides mayumixtatsuya is the otp

Last edited by Lazy cat; 2014-04-03 at 11:35.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 13:32   Link #462
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
I have to ask, is there more to this series than just incest? Cause that's all I see the bloggers focusing on, and proclaiming that this show's not gonna be good because of it.
If you want a general outline of the series unrelated to relationship between the siblings, the previews actually do cover alot -

Quote:
A magic high school that has a social and academic hierarchy based on one's magical talent. A brother who is grouped with the lower ranked and a sister who stands out among the higher ranked. Due to his intelligence and past experiences, the brother is quite a capable person despite his poor magic results. And the sister is unhappy with the way he is treated and wants others to acknowledge him.

The story then follows conflicts that occur centred around the 2 siblings, big and small. And how, encouraged and pushed by his sister and some radical-minded upperclassmen, this talent lacking nobody helps manage and deal with these incidents, while also unintentionally helping others with similar negative labels deal with/overcome their social burdens/mistakes. A futuristic, war ravaged world where supernatural powers have been modernised into a field of science. Those who study and practise this vocation are known as magic technicians(magicians) and are primarily used to increase a country's military might.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-04-04 at 09:14.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 14:37   Link #463
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
they probably never read it, so don't pay atention to it, besides mayumixtatsuya is the otp
Preach on, brother!!!!
Old 2014-04-03, 18:29   Link #464
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Wasn't there some comment from the LN author about "the line will not be crossed"? I somehow passed by that (I was reading a bit in the LN thread to see if it's worth picking up as LN or not, but for now I'll await the anime). So if anyone can give me the source to confirm this, that would surely bring some of the "incest haters" back.
Old 2014-04-03, 19:02   Link #465
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Wasn't there some comment from the LN author about "the line will not be crossed"? I somehow passed by that (I was reading a bit in the LN thread to see if it's worth picking up as LN or not, but for now I'll await the anime). So if anyone can give me the source to confirm this, that would surely bring some of the "incest haters" back.
I don't see the problem. This isn't the only title with those undertones this season. If they don't like the content, they can always watch something else.
Old 2014-04-03, 19:13   Link #466
pampz21
ShipCore

Erika is the best girl!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 19:35   Link #467
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't see the problem. This isn't the only title with those undertones this season. If they don't like the content, they can always watch something else.
But it would "basically mean", that there is a "no-incest-guarantee". Which may or may not change the mind of some people about watching the series. As I have multiple sisters, I can say that nothing I have seen until now in the manga adaption goes beyond normal sibling love... well aside from the jealousy maybe but that seems more like the "attention seeking" kind of jealousy.

To put it into contrast: I really don't like incest myself. I watched Yasuga no Sora and the last "route" was surely not something that I enjoyed all too much. I also made a loooong way around "Ore no Imouto".
Old 2014-04-03, 20:11   Link #468
Konja7

Quote:
But it would "basically mean", that there is a "no-incest-guarantee". Which may or may not change the mind of some people about watching the series. As I have multiple sisters, I can say that nothing I have seen until now in the manga adaption goes beyond normal sibling love... well aside from the jealousy maybe but that seems more like the "attention seeking" kind of jealousy.

To put it into contrast: I really don't like incest myself. I watched Yasuga no Sora and the last "route" was surely not something that I enjoyed all too much. I also made a loooong way around "Ore no Imouto".
Well, I do not know if the author has said that.

What I can say about the novel:

Spoiler for novel:
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 21:12   Link #469
orion

Quote:

I do get where you're coming from, but it's bad for business for that author also. What if there were people shipping Miyuki and her bro? He won't want to upset them either. From the promo, they would be the obvious couple given that they are to protags of the series. The "problem" is that he made the protags siblings.

You may be in a losing fight as this would be the third series this season with the undertones.
Old 2014-04-03, 21:45   Link #470
Archmagination2002

Besides it being licensed by Aniplex does anybody know who will be doing the simulcast? I am hoping that it will be CrunchyRoll because I have a subscription to them. So far there is 2 unannounced spring simulcast remaining on CrunchyRoll's schedule..
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 21:46   Link #471
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I do get where you're coming from, but it's bad for business for that author also. What if there were people shipping Miyuki and her bro? He won't want to upset them either. From the promo, they would be the obvious couple given that they are to protags of the series. The "problem" is that he made the protags siblings.

You may be in a losing fight as this would be the third series this season with the undertones.
Well I guess you are right that no matter what I say, I cannot remove the people's "googles" (as some people phrase it on this forum). They watch everything with "shipping googles" and "incest googles" and just see what they want to see (sometimes this also includes things they don't like).

Please don't misunderstand. I am only talking about certain effects that happen after having watched too many anime leading to generalizing things by trying to identify common elements with animes that one either liked a lot or absolutely hated. This happened to me as well sometimes, at least until I realized it.
Old 2014-04-03, 22:18   Link #472
Lazy cat

does anyone know what time the anime will be exibited at japan?
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 23:24   Link #473
topboy
poor man

One more day.
On Air Table : http://mahouka.jp/onair/
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 23:30   Link #474
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Besides it being licensed by Aniplex does anybody know who will be doing the simulcast? I am hoping that it will be CrunchyRoll because I have a subscription to them. So far there is 2 unannounced spring simulcast remaining on CrunchyRoll's schedule..
I'm hoping for CR too due to another distributor's lag issue and having to watch the promo for the "Peter Pan Returns" episode of "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" for the umpteenth time on their website.
Old 2014-04-04, 03:56   Link #475
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Hi everyone -- today we have introduced a sub-forum just for the Mahouka Light Novels and Manga. For more information on this change to the site, please visit this thread.

I want to mention this change here first because it's new, and we've never done things in quite this way before. We realize that the Mahouka universe is expansive and complex, and with the anime forthcoming a lot of people will have a lot of questions about the novel. This sub-forum is designed to help provide a location for these conversations.

However, this also means that our policy for all kinds of novel talk in the anime threads is going to be extremely strict -- basically zero tolerance. Posting any sort of hint, spoiler, or novel-inspired speculation in the anime thread is grounds for an immediate ban. We will be enforcing this strictly.

If you're a novel reader and want to comment or speculate about the anime from a novel reader's perspective, we encourage you to use the Anime Comparison & Speculation thread. While we will not forbid novel readers from participating in this anime thread, you may not issue any guidance at all or correct any anime-only viewer's comments in any circumstance if inferring from future novel info, or speculate on how the anime will adopt the novels in this thread. I'm not sure how else to make this point more clearly, and we don't want to ban anyone... but please, please, please avoid "helping anime-only viewers out" in this thread. Even if they ask a question, direct them to the more appropriate place, or let them discover the story for themselves through the anime if they so choose. (Please don't try to "convert" anime-only viewers in this thread; if people choose to not read the novels and look for no outside information, that's their right -- please respect that. Even if you believe they're only going to confuse themselves.)

If you're an anime-only viewer and just want a simple answer to a question without massive spoilers, we've even created a Spoiler-restricted Q&A Thread in the novel forum just for you. This way you can limit your exposure to spoilers while hopefully also getting answers to basic questions that may confuse you.

We hope that everyone will enjoy the anime, and that this change will produce a discussion environment where all Mahouka fans both existing and new have an appropriate place to discuss the anime and all its related aspects.

P.S. Some people may wonder if there will be an anime sub-forum for this show. We've decided to wait and see how the anime goes, and how the light novel sub-forum helps. We are constantly reviewing all anime threads to see if an anime sub-forum is needed, and will continue to do so for this show and all others going forward. If you have questions/concerns about this, please read this post or PM myself or another member of the site staff.
Old 2014-04-04, 05:25   Link #476
dai ca superman

OP Rissing Hope with lyrics
[/QUOTE]
dai ca superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 06:32   Link #477
topboy
poor man

Why not make it sub-forum for Mahouka Anime/Manga/Light Novel/Music/Image/Anything Else,just AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Mahouka Kouko no Rettousei ?
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 06:53   Link #478
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
Why not make it sub-forum for Mahouka Anime/Manga/Light Novel/Music/Image/Anything Else,just AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Mahouka Kouko no Rettousei ?
it didn't air yet
(sometime great novel have really horrible anime...)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 06:55   Link #479
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai ca superman View Post
OP Rissing Hope with lyrics
[/QUOTE]

Frickin awesome.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 06:59   Link #480
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
CR almost always gets Aniplex titles 100% sure they are going to get this one
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural