AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-03-28, 13:46   Link #1601
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's because they would require the exact same kind of build, without any irregularity.
What I'd argued so far is that if you consider human anatomy in general, Kirishima is fine, albeit with few issues already mentioned.

Humans aren't all proportionally the same, otherwise I could photoshop anyone with someone else and they would have the same silhouette with a relative identical height which is actually not always the case.
That's why there isn't a single method of drawing human shaped object, since past few basic points (such as overall height being equal to approximately 8 times the head size), the rest is up to the artist.

It isn't like Konishi has broken one of these rules in a clumsy way (save few points such as the ears and feet). So if Konoshi was really that consistent (even for Kongou kai 2, which still has relatively good proportions despite the obvious issues), wouldn't that mean that instead of screwing up, he actually meant Kirishima to be simply... a long legged lass?
Again, anatomically speaking, her limbs are still relatively fine in comparison to her frame and general silhouette. She is obviously taller and more slender than her sisters, but what actually state it wasn't meant to be this way?

And bear in mind the initial intervention was to argue that the issue wasn't as huge as some people thought due to the misleading picture showing the three of them with a very different picture scaling.
Old 2014-03-28, 14:05   Link #1602
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'd argue that the fact that the wonky proportions was the first thing that was noticed that it is, indeed, a big deal -- especially if you plan on using her regularly for sorties, as you'd be seeing it day in and day out. If I'm annoyed at something, no matter how useful, I sure wouldn't want to be exposed to it all of the time.

Now, if Haruna ALSO gets the same treatment when she gets a new sprite -- longer legs, etc. -- I'd imagine that it'd silence people immediately, as it would mean this is a brand new trend in his style, but if it turns out to be a one-off, well...
Old 2014-03-28, 19:05   Link #1603
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Okay guys, so as I've read and experimented myself,

There seems to be a bug where when you scrap ships with equipments, one of the first two slots' equipment won't be recycled for some odd reason.

Example, if I scrap a Kirishima with 35.6cm, 15.2cm and 7.7 AA, the 35.6cm is ignored and you only get resources back from the ship, the 15.2cm and 7.7

After a bit of testing it seems that this bug only happens to ships with 3 or more equipment slots.

I've found nothing out of ordinary for scrapping DDs and non-Kai CLs (Haven't scrapped any SS so I dunno).

So until they fix it, when you scrap large ships, make sure you unload all the equipments if you care about the recycled resources.

==================

Dev update @ 17:30 JST:
The bug has now been fixed.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-03-29 at 08:47.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 20:25   Link #1604
usspaul

does anyone know where hamakaze drops at ?
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 20:32   Link #1605
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

2-2, 5-2, 5-4 and it seems she also drops in 4-4, but not completely confirmed.
She is rather elusive, a bit like Uzuki OTZ
Old 2014-03-29, 20:33   Link #1606
usspaul

I should assume it to be the boss drop at those maps then. okey off to grind for busty DD !
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 22:42   Link #1607
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
2-2, 5-2, 5-4 and it seems she also drops in 4-4, but not completely confirmed.
She is rather elusive, a bit like Uzuki OTZ
As a regular visitor to 2-2 (I use the place for the World 2 Boss quest), I STILL haven't found Hamakaze there, despite getting THREE Uzuki's there already (due to it being "Uzuki month"). I'm thinking she has the same drop rate as a sub, which is pretty low already.
Old 2014-03-29, 23:05   Link #1608
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

About Hamakaze in 2-2,

JP Wikiwiki reports seem to point towards that she would only drop when you clear pattern 3 of the boss node aka the one with 2 ECVs.

I'm a bit skeptical about it, but if it is truly the case it'd be the first time where enemy composition affects what drop you get.

Anyway, waiting for more reports for confirmation. Just a heads up for those Hamakaze hunters out there.
Old 2014-03-29, 23:07   Link #1609
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Uhm, but that's the most common pattern in world 2-2's boss node. You'd think they'd pick the rarer pattern -- the one with the Wos -- if the aim is to make it harder to get her.
Old 2014-03-29, 23:10   Link #1610
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Uhm, but that's the most common pattern in world 2-2's boss node. You'd think they'd pick the rarer pattern -- the one with the Wos -- if the aim is to make it harder to get her.
Um... isn't that exactly the pattern I was talking about?

=======================
Edit:

Not like it matters anymore. As expected, they've just edited out the "only pattern 3" part on Hamakaze's page few minutes ago.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-03-29 at 23:43.
Old 2014-03-29, 23:50   Link #1611
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think you're misunderstanding what I meant. Usually when a game connects drops to specific spawn compositions, it has to do to increasing rarity of a drop (see the stupid STUPID thing they did in Final Fantasy IV). And... I don't think this is one of those cases, as rare DDs are hard enough to get already without adding another layer of difficulty, thanks to the RNG shenanigans already in place.
Old 2014-03-30, 00:01   Link #1612
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think you're misunderstanding what I meant. Usually when a game connects drops to specific spawn compositions, it has to do to increasing rarity of a drop (see the stupid STUPID thing they did in Final Fantasy IV). And... I don't think this is one of those cases, as rare DDs are hard enough to get already without adding another layer of difficulty.
Which is why I was skeptical about it as there has never been a precedent of composition specific drops in the game and I see no reason to suddenly do so for a new ship that was implemented without any hype or warning.

Anyway, my comment was referring to yours: "You'd think they'd pick the rarer pattern -- the one with the Wos -- if the aim is to make it harder to get her." As I've already pointed out, that was the same pattern I (and the wiki) was talking about to begin with. Your comment sound as if I was talking about something else. I don't see anything conflicting here.
Old 2014-03-30, 00:28   Link #1613
Gravitas Free Zone

Someone on Pixiv does a quick fix on the scaling.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=42545198
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 01:51   Link #1614
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

All right, been diligently getting Yuudachi leveled up. Four more to go, and I'll target Kiso or Hibiki next for remodel grinding.

I've also been neglecting my resource-gathering lately... Need to start getting them back up. Almost capping bauxite and steel's broken the cap already.

EDIT: Thinking of farming for Hamakaze because she's got pretty decent AA stats, especially for a destroyer - they're much higher than most of the other Kagerou-class destroyers. Would be useful for me as an option for 3-2.

Last edited by RapidPotential; 2014-03-30 at 02:06.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 20:27   Link #1615
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
「艦これ」全サーバ群共通メンテナンス&アップデート、次回は【4/9(水)】実施の予定です。その次の【4月下旬のメンテナンス】明けからは、いよいよ【春イベント:期間限 定海域】を実施予定です。同春イベントは約2週間程度の開催期間を予定しています。お楽しみに !
Next maintenance + update is on 4/9.

After that will be the end of month maintenance which will bring us the Spring Event, and will last for approx. 2 weeks.
Old 2014-03-31, 05:17   Link #1616
Irisu
フフリ

I hope Haruna Kai-Ni will come after the next maintenance.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 20:07   Link #1617
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Dev twitter news:

Quote:
今月23日で「艦これ」は『一周年』を迎えます。提督の皆さん、本当にありがとうございました!このタイミ ングで【春イベント:期間限定海域】を実施致し ます!春イベントでは、天を吹く風のような新駆逐艦娘や、矢矧亡き後最後の水雷戦隊旗艦を務めた巡洋艦娘などが登場予定。お楽しみに!
In addition to the new DD, Sakawa, the last of the Agano sisters, is now confirmed to be released with the Spring Event as well.
Old 2014-03-31, 23:24   Link #1618
RapidPotential

Ugh, 4-3 is great for experience but it's the most retarded map as well. I get sent to transport nodes when I detest getting them, and at pre-boss nodes I get my weaker-armoured ships targeted and critted. RNG hates me and I still cannot get the quest done. Ironically this map is where I got three ships to Kai-Ni in the past two weeks.
Old 2014-04-01, 02:12   Link #1619
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

And for all the Typemoon fans like me who also plays Kancolle,

Old 2014-04-01, 21:20   Link #1620
RapidPotential

Watching Saber burn through resources (the bauxite in particular. ohgod14thousandgonelikethat) and that near-disastrous sortie at 5-4, in addition to completely forgetting to refuel was seriously not good for the heart.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls