AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 10:33   Link #1541
Kamui04

Just caught up on some backlog of Space Brothers episodes. I'm surprised people mentioned Betty was Michelle Rodriguez but nobody said anything about George McGuire = Tommy Lee Jones which is more special since he starred in the film Space Cowboys.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2014-02-24 at 10:58.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 10:42   Link #1542
Tenzen12

OH! I knew I know that guy from somewhere!
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 13:43   Link #1543
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I wonder if Mutta might be a good resource for this project:
http://spaceindustrynews.com/japanes...to-earth/4187/
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 12:23   Link #1544
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 16:24   Link #1545
Gravitas Free Zone

Asteroid mission, ambitious...

Mutta: Just ask Serika out already. It's already two full show years with barely any flirting.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 16:57   Link #1546
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Serika looked pretty spicy in that red dress. I guess Mutta's hair had to stay put inside the hat.

Why doesn't Mutta offer to take her shopping for cowboy hats? Maybe pick up a couple of nice pairs of boots, too.

This episode had some of the worst artwork I've seen in this show for some time. The closeups were okay, but people shot at a distance were pretty poorly illustrated. By the way, A-1, you might recall that people in the US drive on the right. You seem to have forgotten that when drawing the scene of Kenji driving off to work.
Old 2014-03-01, 19:59   Link #1547
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Reviving an old debate:

http://thespacereporter.com/2014/03/...ian-meteorite/
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 20:05   Link #1548
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Mutta: Just ask Serika out already. It's already two full show years with barely any flirting.
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean it's an understatment to say he has other things occupying his life but still...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 20:54   Link #1549
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
By the way, A-1, you might recall that people in the US drive on the right. You seem to have forgotten that when drawing the scene of Kenji driving off to work.

I confess I missed that. Rather an amateurish mistake, really.
Old 2014-03-01, 21:10   Link #1550
Gravitas Free Zone

They did remember to put him in a left-side-driver car though.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 22:37   Link #1551
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Wow, Kenji and Nitta scored the asteroid mission. If you ask me, that's arguably the most important type of mission the manned space program should be working on. I realize that Mars is the sexier destination, but learning how to rendezvous with an asteroid would both provide a lot of natural resources and enable us to prevent collisions with the Earth.

Meanwhile, under the 14th Amendment, An-chan is an American citizen. When are we going to get a special appearance by a Republican member of Congress, complaining about "anchor babies?"
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 13:48   Link #1552
vin.dictive

Episode 97 - it was a sad end. Poor Mutta for not able to express himself when Hibito needed it the most. I know this dreadful feeling all too well.

All the best, Hibito! Only direction now is up!
vin.dictive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 13:58   Link #1553
Jetzero Infinity

Well this twist was certainly unexpected. Figured Hibito wasn't going to just magically get his career back on track but I wasn't expecting to see things crash and burn quite so much for him, given how optimistic the show usually tends to be.

I wonder what'll come of his disapperance at the end though with only 3 or 4 eps left we probably won't get to see it unless the anime returns someday (hopefully it does).
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 14:08   Link #1554
ookamigirl

So the brothers were having a family end of the year.
That was nice to see for a change.
Hibito was skeptical about going to the moon again.
His logic was sound, but I doubt they'll discard him so easily.
Mutta was doing another part of astronaut's work - mission control operative.
He is definitely moving up in the world.
On the other hand, the always-so-lucky Hibito is not so lucky anymore.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 22:16   Link #1555
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Indeed, it seems quite fitting that Uchuu Kyoudai and Gin no Saji, which have similar aspirations in many ways, should be addressing such similar issues within a day of each other. And both very well.

Mutta is the racing dog that's been chasing the rabbit for his entire career. If he no longer has the rabbit to chase, can he still run as fast?
Old 2014-03-09, 00:12   Link #1556
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I had a creeping suspicion that Hibito wouldn't get off so easily when his plotline went dark for the past few weeks.

I also have a creeping suspicion that he will somehow end up back on a mission, but not sure how he'll get there.

Gates's prognosis is pretty realistic and sensible, even if he is cold in his delivery. I just can't help but feel that we're going to eventually see Hibito and Mutta on the moon together. I might be wrong, but it has been foreshadowed quite a bit with that photo shoot they keep flashing back to.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 00:20   Link #1557
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have an inkling that Hibito may pursue something in the commercial space industry (I assume it still exists) as an opportunity to get back into space and prove himself. Remember the guys who were on the A-Team in the pod with Mutta and didn't pass the JAXA test - there are other ways to pursue your dream.

Gates is indeed an arrogant and obnoxious fellow, but I too believe he's basically right. Butler totally let his emotions get the best of him here, he erred badly in trying to rig the test and he's obviously not thinking clearly. He says it himself to Gates - "That test was to help Hibito!" No, it was to test him - and Butler clearly lost sight of that.
Old 2014-03-09, 05:24   Link #1558
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Gates's prognosis is pretty realistic and sensible, even if he is cold in his delivery. I just can't help but feel that we're going to eventually see Hibito and Mutta on the moon together. I might be wrong, but it has been foreshadowed quite a bit with that photo shoot they keep flashing back to.
Yeah, pretty sure they will send both together, with Mutta being some sort of failsafe to keep Hibito in good mental spirits and to act as assurance for Gates and others.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 10:14   Link #1559
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I have an inkling that Hibito may pursue something in the commercial space industry (I assume it still exists) as an opportunity to get back into space and prove himself.
Fukuda is working on designing rockets for a commercial venture. I thought Kenji might have ended up there if he hadn't passed the initial testing, but Hibito is a strong candidate for the role. His joining a commercial venture would be a major PR event for the firm given his fame as the first Japanese person to walk on the moon.

Yay!
Old 2014-03-09, 18:24   Link #1560
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Fukuda is working on designing rockets for a commercial venture. I thought Kenji might have ended up there if he hadn't passed the initial testing, but Hibito is a strong candidate for the role. His joining a commercial venture would be a major PR event for the firm given his fame as the first Japanese person to walk on the moon.

Yay!
Exactly - it's a win-win. Since the general public has no idea of his panic disorder, the company can spin it as a major coup and 100% Hibito's choice.

Tags
science fiction, seinen