Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-24, 01:46   Link #1
Novarri

Sekai Ichi no Imouto-sama (Novel)

Author: Kim Wolhui (김월희)
Illustration: Nyanya
Alright everyone I wanted to post something that I actually had a synopsis about. Sekai Ichi no Imouto-sama (Novel) or Sekaimo for short is a Korean light novel currently being translated.

Plot: Maria Lunalady Blackhazel is a beautiful genius with heterochromatic eyes. Oh, that and she's also the leader of a ruthless, multinational private military company that brings forth chaos and destruction. Known as the "Princess of Pure Darkness" around the world, she's the subject of many people's admiration, hatred and fear. But to the main character Siyoung, she's an irrelevant person living in a completely different world. That is, until one day she suddenly shows up and kisses him.

"I wanted to see you, Onii-sama..."

And just like that, Siyoung was given the world's greatest little sister.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=75211

Now I can finally leave knowing I've given the plot to One story.
Novarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 02:31   Link #2
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Um... what's special about this? Don't take it the wrong way, but it feels like a standard siscon plot slash My Girlfriend is the President to me... and the name of the sister tipped quite an alarm to me (it's like the name of a Mary Sue).

So yeah, is it good and why?
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 02:39   Link #3
cloud04
Scanlator

i find this one a fun read XD esp with Lily x3
Old 2014-01-24, 03:00   Link #4
bones

Yeah, the way bodyguard trolls him is really funny, although I do wish the brother would troll his sisters more. The troll scene on the ship was damn funny
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 03:10   Link #5
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

So, can the people who have read this give more than just comments? It seems pretty funny from what you guys have said, but there still not enough details.

Care to give some synopsis and reason why this one is special? I'm still not seeing anything special here and I'm still on phone so reading it right now is a bit...
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 09:32   Link #6
Novarri

What makes this story special is that it showcases that the Korean market are interested in Light novels enough to start to produce their own. Due to the large amount of American influence in South Korea the light novel has more modern views of Europeans than traditional Japanese Light novels of similar genres.

Yes the main character is sort of standard but that is more than made up by the main female character Maria... In short Maria is sort of a cross between your standard lovey dovey imouto and Koko from Jormungand.

I haven't finished reading Volume 1, but I will say that it deserves more attention than it gets.
Old 2014-01-24, 09:35   Link #7
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarri View Post
What makes this story special is that it showcases that the Korean market are interested in Light novels enough to start to produce their own. Due to the large amount of American influence in South Korea the light novel has more modern views of Europeans than traditional Japanese Light novels of similar genres.

Yes the main character is sort of standard but that is more than made up by the main female character Maria... In short Maria is sort of a cross between your standard lovey dovey imouto and Koko from Jormungand.

I haven't finished reading Volume 1, but I will say that it deserves more attention than it gets.
There're some other Korean novel in past years...there're even a few that's so popular that the publisher even decided to translate and publish them in Japan (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.jp/モンス☆パニック-フリー.../dp/490687813X)...
Here is a list of Korean-written light novel: the first one in the list is being published at July 2007: http://www36.atwiki.jp/asianmystery/pages/100.html
and bakatsuki also wrote in a novel's description: The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor is a Korean Light Novel by Nam-Hi-Sung (남희성). Currently, the series has 41 volumes published.

Last edited by c933103; 2014-01-24 at 09:48.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 10:04   Link #8
Novarri

Wow Thanks for the information! 0_0

I'm relatively new to the Korean Light novel market and have only found two maybe three projects being translated as of let.

It's amazing how different they are to the Japanese light novels. Yes, each author has their own voice and style that differentiates them. But I could tell some similarity in many of their pose. The Korean light novel's seem somewhere in the middle of a western novella and a traditional Japanese light novel. Quite refreshing really.
Old 2014-01-24, 10:35   Link #9
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
There're some other Korean novel in past years...there're even a few that's so popular that the publisher even decided to translate and publish them in Japan (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.jp/モンス☆パニック-フリー.../dp/490687813X)...
Here is a list of Korean-written light novel: the first one in the list is being published at July 2007: http://www36.atwiki.jp/asianmystery/pages/100.html
and bakatsuki also wrote in a novel's description: The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor is a Korean Light Novel by Nam-Hi-Sung (남희성). Currently, the series has 41 volumes published.
Does any1 know where to read Korean's novel in raw directly much like the other chinese source such as xs.dmzj.com or lknovel.lightnovel.cn?
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 11:27   Link #10
Utsuro no Hako

This series already has it's own thread (not to mention a translation project on Imoutolicious).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 13:45   Link #11
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Does any1 know where to read Korean's novel in raw directly much like the other chinese source such as xs.dmzj.com or lknovel.lightnovel.cn?
Probably only by purchasing it....in fact i personally don't know Korean so i can barely search out if there are any of these......but as a note, there're literally zero discussion on content of Korean light novel in Greater China area as told by google search...

p.s. another list of korean LN..http://www36.atwiki.jp/asianmystery/pages/150.html http://www36.atwiki.jp/asianmystery/pages/199.html
----
Edit: found some sites that offer download. but it is required to fill in a korean mobile phone number and then korean social security ID in order to register an account in it in order to download some of these(it seem most korean site need these to register an account due to their law)

Last edited by c933103; 2014-01-25 at 05:35.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote