2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-21, 05:20   Link #161
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
You guys missed my point while the landers would obviously be the Adventurers first choice would be to have the landers largely provide there food or rather the base ingredients through farming. But that may not continue be the case my point was with things like large boars with vegetables growing out of there backs populating the area outside of town in a continuous supply farming might be a lot more work then hunting. Heck for all we some of the creatures that summonses can call forth might even be edible.
This just mean that the adventurers would be farming itself which is inefficient way to live. Just look at our real world. Compare it and you will understand that farmers are needed in a community. They grow and produce while the people in the city make used of it. Your also forgetting that the landers are more than the adventurers in population. if the landers even bought goods from the landers, then the number of consumers would increase than the actual goods produce.

Your missing our point that its inefficient for landers to farm if there are landers than can do it.
Old 2013-12-21, 10:25   Link #162
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This just mean that the adventurers would be farming itself which is inefficient way to live. Just look at our real world. Compare it and you will understand that farmers are needed in a community. They grow and produce while the people in the city make used of it. Your also forgetting that the landers are more than the adventurers in population. if the landers even bought goods from the landers, then the number of consumers would increase than the actual goods produce.
Growing and producing is more efficient in the real world sure but the world in Log Horizon show doesn't exactly operate on the same basis mainly hunting is a lot easier because of the Adventurers abilities and the animals or rather monsters that can be used for food and the respawn allows for a continuous supply the only real question would be is the respawn rate fast enough to support the population.

Quote:
Your missing our point that its inefficient for landers to farm if there are landers than can do it.
That actually makes no sense at all unless the first time you used the word landers you meant adventurer and secondly what's your point I've stated that adventurers would be better off getting the food from the landers then going on there own without the landers. My point has always being that farming monsters might be a better approach then agriculture if it becomes necessary. Which it might afterall there is a real possibility for war the city Susukino could easily spark war that sweeps across all of Japan and 2 of the major cities that are intact we know nothing about.
Old 2013-12-21, 10:46   Link #163
tsunade666

But if your farming for monsters then you'll need adventurers to farm for it.

Landers = people of the land for short.

as for respawn rate? are you sure that they will respawn fast? If landers die. they actually die you? the monster might actually have a respawn rate or maybe they actually grow? you never know because its not been much tackled on the story. Though later on maybe. But respawn rate would probably different from when its a game.

my point is its inefficient if adventurers would go hunt on low level grounds for food if they can just buy it on landers. the landers farm food and they sell it to adventurers. Adventurers won't need to farm for it on low level grounds and will have time to dedicate on much important businesses. Like farming on higher level grounds.

And as for newbies. they are relatively low on numbers. Remember hamlin pretty much take them all away and they are low in numbers. Meaning the average level in Akiba is kinda high so farming on low level place won't help them at all. its inefficient in lots of ways.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:30   Link #164
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But if your farming for monsters then you'll need adventurers to farm for it.

Landers = people of the land for short.
Well you got to admit that is pretty bad sentence before.

Quote:
as for respawn rate? are you sure that they will respawn fast? If landers die. they actually die you? the monster might actually have a respawn rate or maybe they actually grow? you never know because its not been much tackled on the story. Though later on maybe. But respawn rate would probably different from when its a game.
It's definitely been implied plus they were still finding boss class monster right by Akiba when they were doing Crescent Moon burgers.

Quote:
my point is its inefficient if adventurers would go hunt on low level grounds for food if they can just buy it on landers. the landers farm food and they sell it to adventurers. Adventurers won't need to farm for it on low level grounds and will have time to dedicate on much important businesses. Like farming on higher level grounds.

And as for newbies. they are relatively low on numbers. Remember hamlin pretty much take them all away and they are low in numbers. Meaning the average level in Akiba is kinda high so farming on low level place won't help them at all. its inefficient in lots of ways.
And I agree that buying food from landers is a way more efficient for the adventurers to go about this always have. My point been related to conservation before we got off on this weird branch conversation had to do with if the landers were no longer available or willing to supply food. The world does having a lot of gaming elements left so "farming" would probably be a more efficient way for them to go about getting food ingredients and other raw materials items then using subclasses to produce them due to the time and labor involved.
Closed Thread