AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-14, 03:04   Link #8601
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
He says he decomposes zone interferences several times just don t sure if he says the name of the spell. Though he uses mist dispersion to decompose eidos and gram dispersion for information bodies( just noticed now that both of them end with dispersion lol). As a interference zone isn t something phisical it doesn t a eidos, so it must be some information body, so he uses gram dispersion. Right?
...No, Gram Dispersion only affects Magic Sequences. Zone Interference isn't a sequence at all. His ability at Decomposition magic, since it is one of his birth magics, should be strong enough to be able to use it despite Zone Interference being active.

Also, Eidos = Information Body. Parasites are different in that they are Pushion Information Bodies instead. Neither are valid targets for Gram Dispersion.
Old 2013-12-14, 05:47   Link #8602
Ultragunner

Spoiler for Some pic regarding the anime:

The house of the sibling is pretty big
Spoiler for :

DAT chibi Miyuki
Old 2013-12-14, 05:53   Link #8603
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

Spoiler for :

DAT chibi Miyuki
On Tatsuya's head. They look cute together.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-12-14, 06:59   Link #8604
Mentar
Banned

Mahouka Koukou no Miyuki-tan! Awesome ^_^

Someone prep the Blood transfusions for Seitsuki...
Old 2013-12-14, 08:42   Link #8605
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
...The Yotsuba also look down on Tatsuya, and he can wipe them all out.

Don't look to the Yotsuba for "sensible" viewpoints.

I think they're plenty sensible. Their looking down on him for the nature of his magic makes sense in that nothing really changes with Tatsuya's magic: he can take anything apart; and restore it completely afterwards. Nothing is created. Nothing is changed. He might as well not have been a magician. What he was born to do isn't what everyone would define as magic. And it couldn't grow beyond those two natures of "destroying" and "restoring" no matter how many techniques he develops for them. He really was hopeless as a conventional magician.

But they're not stupid. Yotsuba knows just how dangerous Tatsuya is--for his powers, his intelligence, and his lack of any attachment for anything else other than his sister. They recognized his capabilities...they just couldn't use him as a family member, and saw it fit to assign him a role as a guardian as that's the only place they can find some use for him after everything's been considered. So that he can still serve the family even if he isn't a part of the family anymore. And they made sure they'd have Miyuki to use as leverage against him.
Old 2013-12-14, 10:08   Link #8606
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post

I got to get my hands on those when they come out XD
Old 2013-12-14, 10:43   Link #8607
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

Spoiler for :

DAT chibi Miyuki
Madhouse is pulling out all the stops for this one. I think its safe to say that we can expect a decent show animation-wise.
Old 2013-12-14, 11:09   Link #8608
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Yeah. Also, I think we can probably be assured its going to be 2 cour, if they've done the design for Mikihiko.(unless they decide to cram vol 1-4 into 12 episodes...)
It's got to be two cour. This series is too big for just 12 episodes. (I just hope they spend at least 3 episodes per volume. ) The anime will probably end with the Yokohama arc, and assuming(expecting) this gets a second season, I think they'll start that one off with Reminiscence.
Old 2013-12-14, 11:17   Link #8609
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
It's got to be two cour. This series is too big for just 12 episodes. (I just hope they spend at least 3 episodes per volume. ) The anime will probably end with the Yokohama arc, and assuming(expecting) this gets a second season, I think they'll start that one off with Reminiscence.
Yeah. Ending on the Nine Schools Competition? That's way too short. At the very least, they have to get to the Yokohama arc and each volume needs at least 2 episodes.
Old 2013-12-14, 11:51   Link #8610
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yeah. Ending on the Nine Schools Competition? That's way too short. At the very least, they have to get to the Yokohama arc and each volume needs at least 2 episodes.
Well, from what I've seen so far from the LN adaptations this season (UMD,StB, etc.), the rule of thumb seems to be 4 episodes for 1 arc. Since vol 1-2, 3-4, and 6-7 are meant to be paired together, 8x3=24 episodes, perfect for a 2 cour season,barring filler episodes. Then again, vol 5 is chronologically between 9SC and Yokohama, so maybe one or two episodes of that, totaling up to 25-26 eps? Either that or Vol 5 becomes an OVA. With Mahouka's popularity, I'm pretty optimistic that it will be a 2 cour anime.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:09   Link #8611
azziz

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Well, from what I've seen so far from the LN adaptations this season (UMD,StB, etc.), the rule of thumb seems to be 4 episodes for 1 arc. Since vol 1-2, 3-4, and 6-7 are meant to be paired together, 8x3=24 episodes, perfect for a 2 cour season,barring filler episodes. Then again, vol 5 is chronologically between 9SC and Yokohama, so maybe one or two episodes of that, totaling up to 25-26 eps? Either that or Vol 5 becomes an OVA. With Mahouka's popularity, I'm pretty optimistic that it will be a 2 cour anime.
2 cour anime,as if it's still possible:the golden age of animation is long past and gone;give up your false hope.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:23   Link #8612
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
2 cour anime,as if it's still possible:the golden age of animation is long past and gone;give up your false hope.
Say what? 24 episode animes don't exist anymore, really? You'd better tell that to the producers of Toyko Ravens, Strike the Blood, Log Horizon, etc.... oh wait.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:31   Link #8613
crim

Nobody saying 24 episodes don't exist anymore, it just the 12/13 episodes have become the norm and 24 the exception.
Old 2013-12-14, 12:42   Link #8614
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crim View Post
Nobody saying 24 episodes don't exist anymore, it just the 12/13 episodes have become the norm and 24 the exception.
24 episodes are reserved for serious adaptations like Mahouka.
Old 2013-12-14, 13:00   Link #8615
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I think they're plenty sensible. Their looking down on him for the nature of his magic makes sense in that nothing really changes with Tatsuya's magic: he can take anything apart; and restore it completely afterwards. Nothing is created. Nothing is changed. He might as well not have been a magician. What he was born to do isn't what everyone would define as magic. And it couldn't grow beyond those two natures of "destroying" and "restoring" no matter how many techniques he develops for them. He really was hopeless as a conventional magician.
I see what you're saying, but I disagree. The Yotsuba are consistent, in that they do not consider him a magician. Fair enough. They're the only ones in the world who would say that, even when knowing of his true abilities, but ok.

But given that they pursue strength above all, they should at least have a neutral attitude towards him, as NO-ONE is stronger than him.

Quote:
But they're not stupid. Yotsuba knows just how dangerous Tatsuya is--for his powers, his intelligence, and his lack of any attachment for anything else other than his sister. They recognized his capabilities...they just couldn't use him as a family member, and saw it fit to assign him a role as a guardian as that's the only place they can find some use for him after everything's been considered. So that he can still serve the family even if he isn't a part of the family anymore. And they made sure they'd have Miyuki to use as leverage against him.
And why couldn't they use him as a family member? He has the ability to use magic (if not by Yotsuba definition), he has ridiculous psion reserves, he's a freaking genius, and if any kids of his inherit even a tenth of his abilities, (such that they are not as specialized as he is), they will also be freaking monsters.

The one reason they don't use him as a family member is because they CHOOSE not to. This is bigotry at its finest. This is made evident in that the younger generation respects him, but the older generations choose to cling to their traditions, instead of any logical reason.

You know how someone can be intelligent, and yet stupid at the same time? That's basically the Yotsuba. Look at the way their servants treat Tatsuya (servants reflect the attitudes of their masters). They even insult Tatsuya in front of the one person who adores him the most, is a crazy bro-con, and had a tendency to lose control of her magic. This is the very picture of stupidity.

It's also indicative that they do not truly fear him. When you are TRULY scared of something, you don't pick a fight with it. That they do so is because on some level, they believe in some inherent superiority that will protect them.
Old 2013-12-14, 13:21   Link #8616
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
I see what you're saying, but I disagree. The Yotsuba are consistent, in that they do not consider him a magician. Fair enough. They're the only ones in the world who would say that, even when knowing of his true abilities, but ok.

But given that they pursue strength above all, they should at least have a neutral attitude towards him, as NO-ONE is stronger than him.

And why couldn't they use him as a family member? He has the ability to use magic (if not by Yotsuba definition), he has ridiculous psion reserves, he's a freaking genius, and if any kids of his inherit even a tenth of his abilities, (such that they are not as specialized as he is), they will also be freaking monsters.

The one reason they don't use him as a family member is because they CHOOSE not to. This is bigotry at its finest. This is made evident in that the younger generation respects him, but the older generations choose to cling to their traditions, instead of any logical reason.

You know how someone can be intelligent, and yet stupid at the same time? That's basically the Yotsuba. Look at the way their servants treat Tatsuya (servants reflect the attitudes of their masters). They even insult Tatsuya in front of the one person who adores him the most, is a crazy bro-con, and had a tendency to lose control of her magic. This is the very picture of stupidity.

It's also indicative that they do not truly fear him. When you are TRULY scared of something, you don't pick a fight with it. That they do so is because on some level, they believe in some inherent superiority that will protect them.
This bothers me a lot too. I mean, I could understand him not being able to succeed the family but being excluded from the family and being treated worse than a servant is just too illogical. Tatsuya has 2 magics that no one can even dream to cope, he's a genius CAD Engineer, an strategic-class magician and even though his normal magic is not as good as a Ten Master magician, it's still not that bad either. I still think that there is something very fishy about the way the Yotsuba treat him.
Old 2013-12-14, 13:56   Link #8617
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
This bothers me a lot too. I mean, I could understand him not being able to succeed the family but being excluded from the family and being treated worse than a servant is just too illogical. Tatsuya has 2 magics that no one can even dream to cope, he's a genius CAD Engineer, an strategic-class magician and even though his normal magic is not as good as a Ten Master magician, it's still not that bad either. I still think that there is something very fishy about the way the Yotsuba treat him.
I don't think there's anything particularly suspicious. First, obviously the Yotsuba have a very loose definition of morals.

Second, what Tatsuya goes through is pretty much what every mutant goes through in the Marvel Universe. They get persecuted in the name of fear and protecting regular people, but if they were really that scared of them, they wouldn't dare in the first place. It more likely comes from a hatred of things different and jealousy.
Old 2013-12-14, 14:11   Link #8618
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

I agree all on your points, and I cannot say it better than myself.
The Yotsuba will get their comeuppance sooner or later. They have made too many enemies and it is now reaching its boiling point in the story.
Old 2013-12-14, 15:20   Link #8619
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
...No, Gram Dispersion only affects Magic Sequences. Zone Interference isn't a sequence at all. His ability at Decomposition magic, since it is one of his birth magics, should be strong enough to be able to use it despite Zone Interference being active.

Also, Eidos = Information Body. Parasites are different in that they are Pushion Information Bodies instead. Neither are valid targets for Gram Dispersion.
You are wrong, he decomposes data fortication, zone interference and even antinite interference.
Quote:
Cast Jamming was a type of Non-Systemic Magic able to create psion noise that disrupted other people from casting magic. The psion noise caused by Antinite was designed to interfere with the formation of Magic Sequences.
Tatsuya simply decomposed that design and changed the oscillations of the psion noise.
Cast Jamming was an obstacle that obstructed the path of Magic Sequences. It was precisely this obstacle that Tatsuya used magic to dissolve.
Quote:
Relying on his sensory ability, his magic was able to disassemble not just Magic Sequences, but Activation Sequences as well. It was a side effect from a wholly different magic.
Identify the design, decompose the design.
As long as it was an object, he could translate the physical object into signals, and then rewrite or erase the base design at his leisure.
If it was an Information Body, then he could directly disassemble the design.
Quote:
The first process decomposed the target's protective Wide Area Interference.
The second process decomposed the target's Data Fortification used to protect the body.
The third process decomposed the flesh down to the atomic level.
As You can see he uses gram dispersal to decompose psion paterns, and before You say it isn t writen that he uses gram dispersal, magic and activation sequences are basically psions with a determinated patern, wich he decomposes with gram dispersion until there is only psions without any structure. This is exactly what he does with the cast jaming, data fortification and zone interference.
And it shows he uses non sistematic magic( gram dispersal) to decompose the zone interference and data fortification before using sistematic magic(decomposing a human body is altering a eidos), wich suports the idea that zone interference only works with sistematic magic.
And from the first quote You can see that there is another non sistematic magic without activation sequence- the cast jaming would have stoped him from using gram dispersion If it had a sequence.
Old 2013-12-14, 15:51   Link #8620
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
You are wrong, he decomposes data fortication, zone interference and even antinite interference.

As You can see he uses gram dispersal to decompose psion paterns, and before You say it isn t writen that he uses gram dispersal, magic and activation sequences are basically psions with a determinated patern, wich he decomposes with gram dispersion until there is only psions without any structure. This is exactly what he does with the cast jaming, data fortification and zone interference.
And it shows he uses non sistematic magic( gram dispersal) to decompose the zone interference and data fortification before using sistematic magic(decomposing a human body is altering a eidos), wich suports the idea that zone interference only works with sistematic magic.
And from the first quote You can see that there is another non sistematic magic without activation sequence- the cast jaming would have stoped him from using gram dispersion If it had a sequence.
Wide Area Interference isn't Zone Interference. Zone Interference isn't a spell. It's just throwing your interference strength on everything within a certain radius to prevent spells from taking effect. Gram Dispersal is a spell, but it isn't affected by interference strength since it doesn't try to change the eidos. It's basically hitting the targeted spell/magic sequence with an appropriate magic sequence so that they cancel each other out. Due to this, the sequence of Gram Dispersion varies depending on the targeted spell.

Someone talked about putting Gram Dispersion on a sword, but that's pretty useless sine it just limits its use when it can be shot at anything regardless of distance.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings