Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-21, 12:01   Link #2581
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
I wouldn't want to use Facebook either if not for contacting my relatives.

A free participation contest is still better, but also harder to prevent cheating.
If cheating is what really worries you you should do all the following.

(1) Require voters to register at least 1 week before a match
(2) Make sure the registration process involves various human verifications. If you really wants to be sure, require it to have REAL SNAIL MAIL verification, and then enforce 1 VOTE per 1 Physical Address rule. Exclude postbox .
(3) Voter needs to login with their password + confirmation code which will be emailed to them 1 minute after they request for it. ( This is an idea borrowed from USA Government Websites ). The confirmation code will be valid only for 10 minutes.
(4) Before they submit their vote, they need to answer a unique question of the day and do the captcha.
(5) Vote file has login, ip address, time, and any fraud prevention thinggies you can find and muster in it.
(6) Make sure your server and website is secure and be prepared for hacker attempts and attacks.
(7) Pray that your voters have diverse tendencies with their own unique trends.
Old 2013-11-21, 12:43   Link #2582
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
The first and last both debuted on TVs in April 2009. And the middle came out before even them.

And K-On's momentum was dead by 2012, none of them made it past Round 1 if I'm not mistaken.
Mio got to round 3 in AST 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
So, who will in J AST 2014?
Anyone that's not from Saki and Madoka. To be honest even though the Rozen Maiden's recent anime didn't do so well I still have hope for them. For 2014 newcomers I think Kimoza, Love Lab, and Non Non Biyori has a decent shot (well them being in final 8-16 at least).

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-11-21 at 13:04.
Old 2013-11-21, 13:22   Link #2583
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Mio got to round 3 in AST 2012.
Yui / Ui Hirasawa and Azusa Nakano also reached the second round in 2012 (It was still better than 2011 when K-ON completely missed the second round.)
Old 2013-11-21, 13:25   Link #2584
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Since Madoka and Sayaka in the finals, I don't care who wins... I just want the suffer the same fate as Saki. That should be fair enough.

Now then, I guess next year won't be exciting anymore... No series would ever win a double or triple on the same year ever again.

As for Madoka Magica, good luck winning ISML if they can!
Old 2013-11-21, 13:29   Link #2585
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Isml is almost 180 degrees backwards to ast so they wont have a chance
Old 2013-11-21, 13:29   Link #2586
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Since Madoka and Sayaka in the finals, I don't care who wins... I just want the suffer the same fate as Saki. That should be fair enough.

Now then, I guess next year won't be exciting anymore... No series would ever win a double or triple on the same year ever again.

As for Madoka Magica, good luck winning ISML if they can!
They won't win there.
Old 2013-11-21, 14:02   Link #2587
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Major storm and power outage where I live.

Just learned of Sayaka's victory as such.

Want to send off a quick congrats in case/before power is gone again.

If power stays for awhile, I'll have more to say later.
Old 2013-11-21, 14:05   Link #2588
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Anyone that's not from Saki and Madoka. To be honest even though the Rozen Maiden's recent anime didn't do so well I still have hope for them. For 2014 newcomers I think Kimoza, Love Lab, and Non Non Biyori has a decent shot (well them being in final 8-16 at least).
Come on...we all know Saki will come back and dominate next year. Heavily supporting Jindai Komaki.

MadoMagi, well, they will either drop like flies or dominate so much that no one cares about AST anymore. Sooner or later they'll get the hate vote, though...
Old 2013-11-21, 17:31   Link #2589
Team Rocket Elite

That's 20 straight wins for the Puella Magi and a guarantee of a 21st. With the fall of Watashi, the Puella Magi have locked in a second championship. It's a bit sad to see Watashi isn't able to put up much of a fight against Sayaka. It seems like Kuroneko really was the best shot for the non-Puella Magi to beat a Puella Magi and she was unfortunate enough to have to face Madoka herself. It's also a bit unfortunate that the Saki characters crashed. They may not have been able to stop a second championship, but they definitely would have made things a lot more difficult.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:10   Link #2590
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Anyone that's not from Saki and Madoka. To be honest even though the Rozen Maiden's recent anime didn't do so well I still have hope for them.
Personally, I'm hoping that Saimoe will finally listen to the suggestion I had last year and force an anime franchise to retire from Saimoe after one of its contenders wins the tournament (meaning no Saki, Madoka, or Rozen Maiden in 2014's tournament).

It may seem unfair to those who are fans of said shows, but this is the only way to control "overdominating" shows from taking the fun of Saimoe away from the rest of us.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:18   Link #2591
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Personally, I'm hoping that Saimoe will finally listen to the suggestion I had last year and force an anime franchise to retire from Saimoe after one of its contenders wins the tournament (meaning no Saki, Madoka, or Rozen Maiden in 2014's tournament).

It may seem unfair to those who are fans of said shows, but this is the only way to control "overdominating" shows from taking the fun of Saimoe away from the rest of us.
the best solution would be to allow more voters.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:51   Link #2592
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, then they'd stop fading into obscurity and not only be noticed for just being Japanese.

Nah, makes too much sense.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-11-21, 18:57   Link #2593
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I still think throwing this contest into the trashcan is a viable solution. There has been a constant regression in the number of voters as well as the suspense this contest brings. Worst of all, there has been confirmed cheating within the contest on multiple occasions and restricting cheaters was this convoluted voting systems only benefit. Or it was intended to be. You either have faulty winners due to over-zealous fans stocking the ballots with their shenanigans, or you have admins who remove a large portion of the votes in an attempt to remedy the situation. Or it's even possible it's the admins who are the ones cheating by removing legal votes. This contest is un-salvageable.

Last edited by Demi.; 2013-11-21 at 19:26.
Old 2013-11-21, 20:04   Link #2594
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I still think throwing this contest into the trashcan is a viable solution. There has been a constant regression in the number of voters as well as the suspense this contest brings. Worst of all, there has been confirmed cheating within the contest on multiple occasions and restricting cheaters was this convoluted voting systems only benefit. Or it was intended to be. You either have faulty winners due to over-zealous fans stocking the ballots with their shenanigans, or you have admins who remove a large portion of the votes in an attempt to remedy the situation. Or it's even possible it's the admins who are the ones cheating by removing legal votes. This contest is un-salvageable.
I wish they could go back to the 2005-2010 Saimoe. Unless slipped fakes made up for 50% of the total votes or something, the more voters you have, the easier it is to reduce the effect of whatever fake votes pass under the radar. Sure I didn't like many of the results, but at least it had more fun, the vote count was high by Saimoe standards and I could vote.

They really need to restructure Saimoe next year, unless they like how a Japanese-only Saimoe manages to gather the incredible number of less than 400 voters.
Old 2013-11-21, 21:24   Link #2595
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the best solution would be to allow more voters.

I need to say this, since it is a point I have made repeatedly in various places but here.

The best solution would be to have more diverse groups of voters with no single group making up more than 20% of the voters. Diversity is more important compared to pure numbers. Sure, in order to have many different groups of voters of different trends, you do need good enough numbers. But just the numbers alone don't guarantee results that majority of people find acceptable. Even if you have just 100 voters, if you have 10 groups of 10 voters, each with very different tendencies, you will get a result that seems reasonable, as extreme frenzy tendencies will cancel each other out, and only the moderate agreeable tendencies will be reinforced by different groups with different aims. In other end, even if you have 3000 voters, if 2000 belongs to a single fanclub website, the results will obey the will of that website, no matter how extreme it may be.

In Saimoe events, the best, quickest, easiest way to get the needed diversity is promotion into several different language groups. Each language groups have their own uniqueness, which will add to the diversity.

Last edited by wontaek; 2013-11-21 at 22:30.
Old 2013-11-22, 00:48   Link #2596
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
It seems like Kuroneko really was the best shot for the non-Puella Magi to beat a Puella Magi and she was unfortunate enough to have to face Madoka herself.
Looks like the faction really love Madoka to even bother a Kyouko-Sayaka final lol.

Tbh, I wished she had just faced either Kyoko or Sayaka during that match. She definitely had the chance to beat those two. Madoka-Kuroneko Finals could have been the only thing good in this tournament.

As for the results, looks like quite a few resistance joined in the match unlike the Sayaka-Mami match, voting for Kyoko and failed. Madoka reached 190 + in an intraseries match, which was quite near with how much Mami gained last round (makes me really think that w/o the resistance help, Sayaka might have not won).

Watashi lost and I think the resistance just gave up for some reason, and Sayaka's vote for a non-intraseries match made me think the faction didn't bother to fully support her.

Now for the Finals:

Pick: Madoka
Prediction:
Can go either way. The resistance voters might as well make a final ditch to the PMMM faction by supporting Sayaka instead. If I were a PMMM hater, I'd do the same if I were them.

Last edited by BaKaBaKaOtaKu; 2013-11-22 at 01:37.
Old 2013-11-22, 03:50   Link #2597
Wanderer
Goat

Hoping for a Sayaka win. Expecting a Madoka win.

I think the fans decisively averting the "And I'm home" final is an indication that the PMMM fans have already made their choice for this match. Likely the only way Sayaka could come out on top would require help from same anti-PMMM trolls.
Old 2013-11-22, 06:31   Link #2598
Hachiko
The Akita

A win for Madoka, to me, is also a win for Homura because if Homura wasn't in this, her wife would fill her place. So if Madoka wins, there really won't be any extra incentive for the PMMM voters to make a push next year. They can finally move on and support the next big thing.
Old 2013-11-22, 07:19   Link #2599
Team Rocket Elite

Final: Kaname Madoka vs Miki Sayaka

Sayaka may have beaten Mami but I still have a hard time seeing her take down Madoka. Madoka did score nearly 60% on Kyouko. I will say that in same series finals, sometimes the weaker character does seem to a do a lot better than you would expect. Tsukasa nearly beat Kagami and Kuro nearly beat Toki. However, Kyouko didn't so that well on Mami back in 2011. Looking back Sayaka didn't really do badly against Madoka two years ago. I think this Madoka is stronger, though. I don't think she would have beat Homura before. For my final prediction, I'm going with the obvious pick. Kaname Madoka will be the Saimoe 2013 Champion.

Vote:
Kaname Madoka

Prediction:
Kaname Madoka
Old 2013-11-22, 08:39   Link #2600
woxx

Sayaka will probably win because all people who don't like madoka as show will vote for Sayaka.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament