Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-09, 05:37   Link #141
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
And the strange part is, Archer class in Fate isn't really all that Archery in the first place.
That's only because he likes his Kanshou & Bakuya. If you have played hollow ataraxia and watched the bridge battle scene between Saber/Shirou and Archer, you should know how good he is at his real job.

Quote:
So in Day 1, it looks more like A Taiga/Shirou/Sakura centric series. Or maybe they're giving Sakura spotlight early on as later on, she practically vanishes? I hope not.
Day 1 (or the way the game counted it, -Day 2?) really didn't have much other than the introduction of all the major characters and what the daily life around the Emiya residence is like. The action only really picks up (starts?) when Lancer shows up.

Sakura got the cold shoulder in both Fate and Unlimited Blade Works, but it's possible to work in parts about her from Heavens Feel without actually using HF's storyline.
Old 2006-01-09, 06:01   Link #142
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
That's only because he likes his Kanshou & Bakuya. If you have played hollow ataraxia and watched the bridge battle scene between Saber/Shirou and Archer, you should know how good he is at his real job.

Day 1 (or the way the game counted it, -Day 2?) really didn't have much other than the introduction of all the major characters and what the daily life around the Emiya residence is like. The action only really picks up (starts?) when Lancer shows up.

Sakura got the cold shoulder in both Fate and Unlimited Blade Works, but it's possible to work in parts about her from Heavens Feel without actually using HF's storyline.
while i do wanna see more of sakura... i dont exactly want them to use HF ending..

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-09, 06:12   Link #143
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Shirou is far from being a sissy though. Even the manly Archer wants him dead a few times so that he can lay claim to the harem Shirou had amassed.
Then again, what about good ol' Shiki? Does his own harem of maids, vampires, classmates, family members(?) and familiars(???) stand up against Shirou's own team of anonymously famous girls?

I know, that last comment had a paradox, but that's intended.

And about Archer's true name...
Spoiler:

If the anime intends to let all of the storylines for the game appear, they would have to do a little compression of the storylines... like doing the final (first battle) for just 2 episodes and making Sakura's story stretch about 4 or so.
Old 2006-01-09, 07:06   Link #144
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen
Then again, what about good ol' Shiki? Does his own harem of maids, vampires, classmates, family members(?) and familiars(???) stand up against Shirou's own team of anonymously famous girls?
Don't forget that Shirou's harem grew in Ataraxia and now include a nun and R_____

Shiki's harem's major appeal is Arc imho. Without her in Shiki team, Shirou's harem would be a clear winner, thanks to the RinXSaber combination.
Old 2006-01-09, 07:30   Link #145
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Don't forget that Shirou's harem grew in Ataraxia and now include a nun and R_____

Shiki's harem's major appeal is Arc imho. Without her in Shiki team, Shirou's harem would be a clear winner, thanks to the RinXSaber combination.
I've also noticed that Shiki's team is a lot more dangerous than Shirou's. I mean, sword wielding, never-aging girls aren't as dangerous as, well... vampire princesses with nigh-godly powers. I knew I've seen a short comicstrip about that...

*stops ranting before he gets Modded for going too offtopic*

The succeeding episode summaries have already been posted... so that sorta spoils the storyline a bit. But it's nice to know that the "Saber and Shirou's First Meeting" scene still exists.

Wonder if they would also pop in the true names for the other Servants like Rider, Caster, and Berserker?
I know that it's on Hollow Ataraxia, but hey, the series are only for 13-ish episodes (unless because of the popularity, they'd stretch it to a full fledged one).

BTW, which of the posters here don't exactly know the whole story? I'm kinda curious.
Old 2006-01-09, 08:10   Link #146
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
What about Arjuna? That's the first person I thought of when I saw the skin color. He's a famous archer from the Indian legend Mahabharata.

Anyway, I haven't played the game so don't spoil me.

I thought Arjuna was too dark to be Archer. Y' know,when I first played the game, I went thinking "Where's his bow?" Then I thought of Shaman King with the whole Servant thing, and I thought maybe he used a magic bow.

Then when I saw him battling with.....twin daggers, for a sec there, I thought that maybe....he's Hang Tuah? or even Hang Jebat? Then again, Archer's not 7 or 8 foot tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Shirou is far from being a sissy though. Even the manly Archer wants him dead a few times so that he can lay claim to the harem Shirou had amassed.
Pfft. The only reason Archer wants Shirou dead is because he couldn't stand the fact that Illya wanted to get into Shirou's pants and skull but not his. Wait, Archer got the latter.

Seriously, I never quite understood Archer's intention. Nothing would change at all.

Quote:
I proclaim that Archer should use reverse pshycology and not use his red cloak when he's with Rin. He looks a million times better without it.

And yeah, that battle scene rocked. Archer's large bow was awesome too.

Quote:

I know, that last comment had a paradox, but that's intended.

And about Archer's true name...
Spoiler:
The only thing making Shiki's harem better than Shirou's is their fighting capability. Aside from that, it's purely opinion-based. Though imo Illya >>>>>> everyone in Tsukihime.

Archer can't do that. If he does, then he would officially become a bishie and steal away all of Goldy's fangirls. That's why he only does that in the final scene with you know who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Spoiler for hollow ataraxia:
Old 2006-01-09, 08:19   Link #147
evil-samurai

Quote:
BTW, which of the posters here don't exactly know the whole story? I'm kinda curious.
Well lots of people havn't played the game, so when people keep! on taking about the plot and such in the anime fourm it can be annoying and very Confusing though wouldn't have a clue weather it happens alot on this thread ^^;; but hopefull it does get to the extent when people keep on spoiling the story ahead of the anime. (without the tags)

Well I wasn't really interested in watching the show but Its turned out alright, the opening is pretty good, but the ending was really bad, even though alot of endings dont have much animation, boy the ending theme animation sucked, plus the song was very plain and uninteresting.

Well the show seems to have have a interesting plot so far, the male lead Character is great so far (Sasuke! ) . Well out of the girls I've seen I taken interest in sakura and some Mysterious girl that was just smiling and walked pased, calling him oni-chan, she was in the opening and looks like she will play a bigger role (yea!), though about that one girl that takes up the whole ending theme >.> she has yet to be seen. I recognised a few of the seiyuu's one of the girl's, has excalty the same Voice as Asa in Shuffle, well I dont like her voice much here, as well as her Character. Apart for the Character the BG music is alright, nothing really stands out so far. Anyway I Cant wait to see more
Old 2006-01-09, 14:31   Link #148
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
The only thing making Shiki's harem better than Shirou's is their fighting capability. Aside from that, it's purely opinion-based. Though imo Illya >>>>>> everyone in Tsukihime.
That reminds me of something I read somewhere comparing the powers of the servants against the vampire princess. What was it, a servant has 1/4 the power of Arc?

Still, it's true that the servants' Noble Phantasms are powerful, Arc's Marble Phantasm is just against the rules.

I agree with the Ilya topping everyone else thing though. One of the reasons why I like Ilya so much is because she can behave like an incredibly sophisticated adult in one moment, and totally revert back into a bright little girl in the next (and vice versa). Not because she has two personalities or anything, but simply because she always knows when it's time to get serious and when to relax. If you think about it, Ilya is probably the most logical person in all of Fsn (← tsukkomi material).
Old 2006-01-09, 15:10   Link #149
Mr. Guy

Quote:
That reminds me of something I read somewhere comparing the powers of the servants against the vampire princess. What was it, a servant has 1/4 the power of Arc?
Yep.

It's also mentioned in official material, but I love Crazy Clover Club and always have found this comic funny

As for comparison, I also prefer Fate's cast to Tsukihime's. Favorite character would probably be Saber, with Rider right behind (thank you Ataraxia!). Saber, just because I love her general demeanor and her drive. And Rider... well Rider's a sexy beast! I loved her and her devotion during Heaven's Feel as well. her reaction to her sisters also provided much comedy in Ataraxia. As for pairing... basically any combination of Shirou, Saber, Rin, and Archer besides Shirou and Archer.

Spoiler for Don't look if you don't want even the tiniest hint of who Archer may be:
Old 2006-01-09, 15:16   Link #150
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Ilya is probably the most logical person in all of Fsn (← tsukkomi material).
Yes....rori-buruma kicks ass with her uber moe~ness.

So many Saber moe-, Ilya moe-, and Rider moe- people, but I don't see many Rin moe~ fans on this board... Oh well, the more I can give my love to Rin, the better.

By the way, who here would've preferred the next episode introduction to be more of a "Tiger Dojo" feel than some guy saying "Fate....stay night?"
Old 2006-01-09, 16:13   Link #151
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
Yep.

This is too damn funny Any idea where I can find the full version?
Old 2006-01-09, 17:38   Link #152
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Be warned that these sites spoil everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.
Old 2006-01-09, 20:23   Link #153
CelestialShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
By the way, who here would've preferred the next episode introduction to be more of a "Tiger Dojo" feel than some guy saying "Fate....stay night?"
Yes - i'd like to see the shirou doll and ilya getting whacked by taiga, i can imagine them ruining the preview just like etna's episode preview in disgaea. heck, they could even put in a "sakura version" in place of ilya. just imagine:

「なんと、先輩ガわたしのものになった記念日なのでした。はい、皆さん拍手で迎えて迎えて」
Old 2006-01-09, 20:24   Link #154
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Yes....rori-buruma kicks ass with her uber moe~ness.

So many Saber moe-, Ilya moe-, and Rider moe- people, but I don't see many Rin moe~ fans on this board... Oh well, the more I can give my love to Rin, the better.

I like Rin too, but I'm still worried about her direction in the anime. Though personally, she's the most ~moe~ when she's with Archie.

No. Keep that "Fate.....stay night." No offence, but the way that guy said it made me laugh. Seriously, the way he sounded it made it very funny.
Old 2006-01-09, 22:18   Link #156
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemil828
I am not sure about that one, but here is another funneh doujin I think is by Crazy Clover Club
Yeah, that's 'Unlimited Saber World' if I remember correctly.

As for the full doujin, I'm not entirely sure what else is in it! I believe that the 'Arc cooks' story is also in that anthology but I'm not positive. I have a Japanese version though that has them broken up into their certain anthologies. I'll just need to sort through my 3 gigs of pure Japanese TYPE-MOON doujins

And isn't that Kotomine that's saying "Fate... Stay Night"?
Old 2006-01-10, 01:49   Link #158
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemil828
I lol'ed at that one.... Nice kicker pic.

But I think any ArcherXSaber pairing is too much a spoiler for anyone, though. There's a special bond between those two that only gets out in the Unlimited Blade Works.

And if you ask me, I'd settle for a quiet SakuraxShirou coupling. (My) Life's easier that way.
Old 2006-01-10, 02:57   Link #159
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I like Rin too, but I'm still worried about her direction in the anime. Though personally, she's the most ~moe~ when she's with Archie.
Yeah, I agree. Never was in to the loli-ness that is Ilya, or Saber for that matter--though both are still nice characters regardless. Besides, I was always more of a Rin and Archer fan.

But Rider is up there too, along with Tiger and Sakura for the cute and quirky comedy they provide.

As for the OP, well, it isn't that bad. It's just that, for some reason, the pace of the music and the visuals don't seem to match in my opinion. I don't know--it's like something is sticking out of place somewhere. That's the impression I got anyway.
Old 2006-01-10, 08:08   Link #160
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

YESH.

8 DVDs. I guess this officially closes the fact the Fate is 24 episodes, not 13. I am so pleased.

I take back every single negative comments I gave to the Episode 1 of Fate about it's slow start. With 24 episodes, that pacing is still great so long as they continue their momentum.

I had worries that FSN may not be able to live up to the HYPE, but I'm much more relieved now.
Closed Thread