AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 23:11   Link #21
Zekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
Good point with the full gun firing only to target massive cannon fodder mobile suits and not a single opponent. Usually Kira only fired his two upper guns (and usually at Forbidden, who deflected them). Or his bottom two railguns at major opponents. I'd say only Kira knows the answer lol. Shinn didn't see Freedom fire directly as he was reaching for the cell phone and looking down. Still, he knows damn well what Gundams were flying around that day and one must have been responsible so just destory any of them if they ever reappear.

i don't remember freedom ever firing at calmity when it was on the ground and it when shins family was killed it was about the same time dearka ran back to buster, and calmity was fighting some astrays or was it strike.
Zekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:22   Link #22
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk
i don't remember freedom ever firing at calmity when it was on the ground and it when shins family was killed it was about the same time dearka ran back to buster, and calmity was fighting some astrays or was it strike.
It's called retcon, the act of a writer retroactively filling in, or altering, details in previously published works, so new plot lines will make sense. Alternatively, the writer can also use retcon to reveal new plot information, that changes the interpretation of old storylines.

i.e. for those that are old enough to remember the 1980's in North America, DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths, was essentially a 12 (?) issue retcon of the entire convoluted history of all their comic books.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2004-12-13 at 23:56.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 00:30   Link #23
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
It's called retcon, the act of a writer retroactively filling in, or altering, details in previously published works, so new plot lines will make sense. Alternatively, the writer can also use retcon to reveal new plot information, that changes the interpretation of old storylines.

i.e. for those that are old enough to remember the 1980's in North America, DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths, was essentially a 12 (?) issue retcon of the entire convoluted history of all their comic books.
I think there's another thread that can explain this. Remember in that battle how Mwu LaFlaga first sorties in Strike. He fires a couple times at Calamity. It's a long shot, but it could've been him.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 00:35   Link #24
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
I think there's another thread that can explain this. Remember in that battle how Mwu LaFlaga first sorties in Strike. He fires a couple times at Calamity. It's a long shot, but it could've been him.
Given the lack of info at this point, I still think, it's likely that Kira, Orga, and possibly Mwu now, could have done it. I'm still going with the Kira killed them theory, because it's a great opportunity for some interesting character development.

Of course in an early preview of Destiny the production crew made it look like a missle barrage killed them, so it's still possible that none of them did it.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote