Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 11:41   Link #21
Demon-Hunter

Ok here is a sum up:

- Cagalli had a crush on kira to start up with
- While fighting togather she developes deeper feelings for kira
- Kira LIKED Cagalli, but as a friend or ally, he didn't feel anything romantic for her

- Kira liked Lacus at start
- Kira considered Flay nothing more then a friend
- Flay kisses Kira, and kira starts to fall for her
- Flay tries to encourage Kira to fight and kill the coordinators who attacked them, she tried to "use" him and first but soon discoveres that she started having feelings for him
- those feelings culminate at 32 and 50 i think, when she wants to tell him the things she could not
- Kira again.... LIKED Lacus.... i am yet to see a scene where Kira actually had feelings for him
- Simply put, Kira LOVED Flay, but only LIKED Lacus,

- Athrun, he... hmmmm..... kinda liked Lacus but i don't think he actually had any deep feelings for her
- He starts to develop feelings for CAgalli after meeting her.... slowly
(Athrun is th only guy i am having trouble understand)
- This guy sorta wantes to be with Lacus at the end... but he also more then liked Cagalli... so he kinda was releaved and didn't mind when Kira was with Lacus

Back to cagalli
- She LOVED kira but when she found out he was her brother she had to settle for athrun.... after crying a while (remember me saying she had feelings for kira?)
- She then settles for Athrun... what choice did she have?

So basically, out of all these, the most romantic and tragic is the Kira -Flay relantionship.... and by far even. These guys make the others look like elementary school crushes.

And this is why i loved the ending in Seed. A lot was lost, a little was gained. Needless to say i was saddened when Flay died. She and Kira were the ONLY ones who deserved to stay togather based on their feelings for each other. But again u can't have an all happy ending in an anime.... or anywhere for that matter. This is why i like anime mostly, there is not such a deep difference between the gain-lose issue. Also, i don't need to tell u what kind of a genius the Plot director is.
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 20:45   Link #22
princess_of_orb

Send a message via MSN to princess_of_orb
is it me or is this thread sort of pointless.....
my opinion is
cagalli had mixed up feelings for kira but got them sort of out coz she met athrun
kira only liked cagalli as a friend and had mixed yp feelings between flay and lacus.
princess_of_orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 23:35   Link #23
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_of_orb
kira only liked cagalli as a friend and had mixed yp feelings between flay and lacus.
I am yet to see Kira have any feelings for Lacus. Lacus HAD feelings for him.... i think.... i mean, she did say she REALLY liked him (no clue what she meant by that)

One thing i know is that Kira LOVED (or had feelings for) Flay A LOT more compared to Lacus.

U are welcome to dissagree with me though, but in the entire 50 episodes apart from his saying how pretty Lacus IS, i am yet to see him admit, or show any real feelings toward Lacus
Old 2004-11-28, 00:30   Link #24
Cerberus911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
I am yet to see Kira have any feelings for Lacus. Lacus HAD feelings for him.... i think.... i mean, she did say she REALLY liked him (no clue what she meant by that)

One thing i know is that Kira LOVED (or had feelings for) Flay A LOT more compared to Lacus.

U are welcome to dissagree with me though, but in the entire 50 episodes apart from his saying how pretty Lacus IS, i am yet to see him admit, or show any real feelings toward Lacus
I think they're married, so um, I think that shows something already.
Cerberus911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 01:46   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I don't think Kira has shown any deep feelings towards Lacus or treat her more than an ally in SEED. I don't know what happens during the two years between SEED and Destiny, but obviously this thread talks only about SEED.

Also to compare Kira's feelings towards Cagalli and Lacus, before Kira and Cagalli are found out to be siblings, compare the Kira-Lacus scenes in ep33 and 34 to the Kira-Cagalli scenes in ep37 to 39, Kira is definitely more responsive and shows more reactions to Cagalli than to Lacus. After they are found out to be siblings, and Kira and Lacus meet again, it's hard to compare, since at that time Kira is mostly pre-occupied with Fllay, also the show descends into a big mess where it's hard to tell anything.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 23:34   Link #26
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Dunno.. maybe they purposely made it like that to throw you off.. plus, it's anime and not uncommon at all to have these sorts things between brother and sister. So cute when they realize they've got the hots for each other..
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 23:45   Link #27
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
First off, I think we can be sure that there are many types of love in the first place, ranging from puppy-eyed infatuation between pubescent teenagers to the gentle affection, raging passion between star crossed lovers.

Cagalli and Kira were comfortable together in a fashion which I would dare say, Fllay and Kira would never have (especially considering the mental state of Fllay at that moment). Besides, this is anime - from so many series, there are many characters with clear sister, brother complexes. Not surprising at all.

I would say Cagalli had a crush on Kira. Nothing more, nothing less. Hell, Kira is probably the only male of her age that she can have a decent conversation with (before meeting Athrun) for her entire life at that point.

Of course, all this talk is moot. We already have our established couples at the start of SEED Destiny, so the previous tension can be scrubbed off to the delight of Fukuda...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 12:12   Link #28
Demon-Hunter

Flay Loved Kira VS Cagalli having a high school girl crush on Kira

Nuff said
Old 2004-12-13, 13:04   Link #29
Godtype
Face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
I have several questions about these two, but I'd like to ask them one at a time in this topic, giving sometime to get responses per question, and to collect my thoughts when asking the next.

Well first question:

Spoiler:
As for Cagalli and Kira, well..

It's Kira, man. Of course Cagalli loved him and (probably) still does, he was badass, he followed ArchAngel around protecting anyone possible and doing quite well at it, all the while directing all the blame of failure onto himself, of course Cagalli was going to fall for that. Kira was a simple civilian boy throughout GS, though he (mostly) did not even think for himself, he let his failures consume him and fought to protect anyone who was not evil, the mid-point of the series only marked the time when he realized that following orders and doing what he can couldn't ensure that he was protecting -everyone- that is good.

Cagalli would surely fall for him and I think her reaction to the thought of Kira dying told us more than her blushing those (multiple) times. I don't believe that her feelings for Kira will matter anymore, though.. As Lacus has clearly taken up the duty of supporting him.
Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote