Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Spoiler for space:
He's really a big old softie deep down.

And deeper than that, he's a mindless homicidal death machine.

And deeper still? Chef!
Old 2011-03-30, 16:56   Link #3723
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
He's really a big old softie deep down.

And deeper than that, he's a mindless homicidal death machine.

And deeper still? Chef!
I bet he makes a mean steak. But seriously, who could not love a guy who will happily slaughter anything it your path, just for you.
Old 2011-03-30, 20:24   Link #3724
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
It was certainly that trait that convinced Ilya that he would always be loyal to her, if nothing else.
Old 2011-04-16, 18:07   Link #3725
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, just got my official copy today. I burned the patched, patches, etc. and put it in the case too.
Old 2011-04-16, 18:50   Link #3726
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Official copy of the game, you mean?
Old 2011-04-17, 09:01   Link #3727
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes. Imported.
Old 2011-04-19, 16:21   Link #3728
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes. Imported.
Which site did you use or was it independent?
I need to get some imports on the go when I get my pay check--been wanting to for a while now.

On a venting note just thought that I finished the anime of Fate/Stay Night today against DragoZERO's advice. Urgh--I bared it for 5 episodes and then it just got worse and worse (my GF is a completionist so we had to finish it... )--the best bit is that Sakura is brought back to Shirou's and left to sleep for, like, 5 days and she isn't mentioned or explained in anyway.

They just failed to focus on the correct aspects at pretty much every turn--butchery.

I really hope most viewers get to play the title.
Old 2011-04-19, 20:44   Link #3729
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuGG View Post
the best bit is that Sakura is brought back to Shirou's and left to sleep for, like, 5 days and she isn't mentioned or explained in anyway.
Yep.

And, to round it off, they use the exact same epilogue as the game, despite having altered Sakura's situation with regards to Rin dramatically. They had Sakura's relationship to Rin (sort of) outed, made Rin come to terms with it and then immediately slammed the reset button and pretended it had never happened so they could get back onto the main route.

You could cut that arc out entirely and it would have made no difference to the story as a whole.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 21:49   Link #3730
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuGG View Post
Which site did you use or was it independent?
I need to get some imports on the go when I get my pay check--been wanting to for a while now.
http://www.jlist.com/product/PCG0142 and for 5% off:
Code:
DANNYOPPAIJLIST
Quote:
On a venting note just thought that I finished the anime of Fate/Stay Night today against DragoZERO's advice. Urgh--I bared it for 5 episodes and then it just got worse and worse (my GF is a completionist so we had to finish it... )--the best bit is that Sakura is brought back to Shirou's and left to sleep for, like, 5 days and she isn't mentioned or explained in anyway.

They just failed to focus on the correct aspects at pretty much every turn--butchery.

I really hope most viewers get to play the title.
Well, they made RN because of the anime, so it's safe to say more people played it.

If you want, check out the UBW movie. It's more faithful than the TV series, but compacting it all into 90 minutes is impossible, so it ended up just being a "let's animate the best stuff" sort of deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
You could cut that arc out entirely and it would have made no difference to the story as a whole.
I didn't even watch it, lol.
Old 2011-04-20, 04:32   Link #3731
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Which I'm sure was exactly what they were going for being a filler.

Was hilarious though. I'm mean it was just so baffling them suddenly bringing in Rin and Sakura's relationshp like that. It made no sense whatsoever.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 10:16   Link #3732
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Admittedly, I like the anime, even considering all of its flaws. But I know that it's mostly because it was the first thing I saw for Fate/stay night, and without it I probably would have never been interested in the game.
Old 2011-04-20, 10:31   Link #3733
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think I still would have face palmed if I watched it without playing the game first.
Old 2011-04-20, 19:21   Link #3734
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Which I'm sure was exactly what they were going for being a filler.
Well, yes, but filler isn't usually supposed to contain highly important plot revelations and character development....
Old 2011-04-20, 19:52   Link #3735
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Well, yes, but filler isn't usually supposed to contain highly important plot revelations and character development....
Eh, they probably figured it was enough to fill the gap, since the main story of the anime was based on Fate to begin with.
Old 2011-04-20, 19:53   Link #3736
GDB

Quote:
Someone hasn't watched a lot of anime in the last few years.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 13:48   Link #3737
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Eh, they probably figured it was enough to fill the gap, since the main story of the anime was based on Fate to begin with.
Except that it really isn't, especially once you know Sakura's true situation. If you've played the game, it seems like a horrible cop-out which briefly teases you with the possibility of salvation for Sakura and then makes everyone act as if nothing had ever happened, and if you've not played the game then it's a horrible, nonsensical mess (seriously, half of the anime viewers couldn't even tell what their relationship was).
Old 2011-04-21, 20:08   Link #3738
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Except that it really isn't, especially once you know Sakura's true situation. If you've played the game, it seems like a horrible cop-out which briefly teases you with the possibility of salvation for Sakura and then makes everyone act as if nothing had ever happened, and if you've not played the game then it's a horrible, nonsensical mess (seriously, half of the anime viewers couldn't even tell what their relationship was).
And in the end it hardly matters either way, since the main story of the anime was always Fate, with just some hints of UBW and Heaven's Feel. Honestly, when you consider what else they could have done, it probably could have been much worse than it ultimately turned out to be. And in the end, that arc is probably the closest thing we'll get to seeing Heaven's Feel animated for some time.
Old 2011-04-23, 19:31   Link #3739
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And in the end it hardly matters either way, since the main story of the anime was always Fate, with just some hints of UBW and Heaven's Feel. Honestly, when you consider what else they could have done, it probably could have been much worse than it ultimately turned out to be.
Well considering the "publicity" TM given Sakura over the years it not so ba...wait no, even by bad visual novel adaption standards it was pretty darn bad. At least in the Tsukihime anime, none of the other girls had to be dressed up in that horrid bondage outfit.

Quote:
And in the end, that arc is probably the closest thing we'll get to seeing Heaven's Feel animated for some time.
Yeah, don't remind me. I hope those rumors about one being made don't end as rumors, or I would rage.

Fate - check
UBW - check
Fate/zero - check
Hollow wouldn't make much sense, so I don't see it being animated, which is another thing I'm none too happy about. This Carnival Phantasm anime would come close to that, but no cigar.

But yeah, the only route not done yet is HF, and it'd look pretty funny if they did all but one.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 20:57   Link #3740
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm surprised they aren't doing HF before Zero. I haven't read Zero yet but I know it refers a lot to HF. I suppose it's because of the content, that they don't want to put it in. A lot more than just the h-scenes were removed from RN after all.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel