Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 14:40   Link #621
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And they censored the best bit (Satellizer brutally stabbing the bitch in th chest) which is odd since they don't mind showing us a lot of boobies (there's actually more fanservice in the anime than there is in the manga).
The next fight will prob flow more logically if that bit of Satellizer punishment is left out.
Old 2011-01-23, 16:02   Link #622
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler for manga but not really since it got edited:

Last edited by orion; 2011-01-23 at 16:31.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 16:18   Link #623
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Take this in the manga thread, you guys. No spoilers.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 16:22   Link #624
akei1
nani?

Kazuya's voice always sound like he has a stuffed up nose. It fits him perfectly since the animators wanted him to seem weak and sickly. They even removed his chin, swollen his cheeks, and gave him long hair to look like a 3rd grader. The animators are overdoing it IMO lol
akei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 16:23   Link #625
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Take this in the manga thread, you guys. No spoilers.
You're probably right, deleted the posts.

Quote:
Kazuya's voice always sound like he has a stuffed up nose. It fits him perfectly since the animators wanted him to seem weak and sickly. They even removed his chin, swollen his cheeks, and gave him long hair to look like a 3rd grader. The animators are overdoing it IMO lol
He is being converted to what you see in your average weak male lead o.o
Old 2011-01-23, 16:28   Link #626
Seihai
スマイリウム

In this case I find the conversion rather favorable. Depends on the relationships, settings etc. for me.
Old 2011-01-23, 16:34   Link #627
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by akei1 View Post
His beast status was implied in this episode or did you miss how many people he took out at once with his freezing technique? Not to mention he nullified one freezing field while applying another freezing field. He's not weak at all.
Old 2011-01-23, 17:55   Link #628
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

show needs more hamburger eating. that is all.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 18:45   Link #629
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

DAMNIT, we didn't get to fully see our 'Untouchable Queen's rage! I mean, it's a character-defining trait and they just let it happen OFFscreen!? *sighs* I mean, this was the point where we learned just WHY everyone feared the reprisal of touching the Untouchable Queen and therefore, did NOT touch her.

And we were suppose to go all "Whoa, damn, what's with this axe crazy girl!?!"

*sigh*

I'll get over it by tomorrow. ...I think.
Old 2011-01-23, 18:51   Link #630
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
show needs more hamburger eating. that is all.
+1.

An all you can eat buffet or McDonalds?! Priorities!!
Old 2011-01-23, 19:58   Link #631
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
DAMNIT, we didn't get to fully see our 'Untouchable Queen's rage! I mean, it's a character-defining trait and they just let it happen OFFscreen!? *sighs* I mean, this was the point where we learned just WHY everyone feared the reprisal of touching the Untouchable Queen and therefore, did NOT touch her.

And we were suppose to go all "Whoa, damn, what's with this axe crazy girl!?!"

*sigh*

I'll get over it by tomorrow. ...I think.
We'll only get lucky when another fight breaks out.
Old 2011-01-23, 20:09   Link #632
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Accel Turn

Honestly, the overuse of flashing panties almost at every frame puts off me for this show.

Sure, the manhwa has fanservice, but the author makes the effort as not to overuse it, and seriously they toned high the fanservice content in this episode that it dangerously bordered or almost in H-territory, while skipping or seriously toning down the brutal violence.

Spoiler:

Watching those changes in the anime became too much for me. I would have prefer instead that the animation staff had gone showing the brutal violence delivered by Satellizer rather than with the fanservice overuse.

And, honestly, how come the author chose hamburgers as Satellizer's favorite food. Gosh, she's British! At least the author, would have put Fish and chips as her favorite food, since that dish is native and popular in the United Kingdom.

One more thing Ami Koshimizu as Ingrid Bernstein was unexpected in this show, at least looked to me.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 20:42   Link #633
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
+1.

An all you can eat buffet or McDonalds?! Priorities!!
When any meal could be my last meal. I choose the expensive buffet.
Old 2011-01-23, 20:43   Link #634
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
When any meal could be my last meal. I choose the expensive buffet.
Ah...but the buffet is free.
Old 2011-01-23, 20:47   Link #635
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Ah...but the buffet is free.
But it's seafood. That's expensive stuff. Plus, it's quite healthy for you too.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:23   Link #636
Avvesione

Yeah, Freezing certainly has a put a lot more focus on the ecchi than the violence but it's the direction the anime wants to take. To be honest, I would like to see more blood/violence. I guess the directors think the ecchi will sell better, which unfortunately is true when looking at BD/DVD sells.

Nevertheless, I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Freezing. It certainly isn't the best one out there but it's a fun show to watch. I've enjoyed all of the fights thus far, which usually doesn't happen in a show like this. The ecchi is nice, too, but I hope they don't go overboard with it like they did in this past episode. I'm looking forward to the cast of characters and their volt weapons.

I'm wondering what they'll do if it ends up only being 12 episodes.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:27   Link #637
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Yeah, Freezing certainly has a put a lot more focus on the ecchi than the violence but it's the direction the anime wants to take. To be honest, I would like to see more blood/violence. I guess the directors think the ecchi will sell better, which unfortunately is true when looking at BD/DVD sells.
It worked quite nicely for Highschool of the Dead, so they probably decided to go along with the idea.

Quote:
Nevertheless, I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Freezing. It certainly isn't the best one out there but it's a fun show to watch. I've enjoyed all of the fights thus far, which usually doesn't happen in a show like this. The ecchi is nice, too, but I hope they don't go overboard with it like they did in this past episode. I'm looking forward to the cast of characters and their volt weapons.
There will be more fanservice to be aware of, this episode so far is the only episode where the fanservice was actually tuned down quite considerably that it was acceptable unless the parts that deteriorated from the manga that everyone is raging about. But that only leads to more fanservice in future episodes.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:29   Link #638
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
The ecchi is nice, too, but I hope they don't go overboard with it like they did in this past episode.
My point of discussion and that which I fear the most. This good story getting ruined by the fanservice getting overboard at anytime that could become an overkill.

Something for me to take of interest is that the anime is giving a lot of focus and, in future episodes will be giving more, depth to the recurrent characters not only limiting to both Satellizer and Kazuya plus the people direct around them.

The manhwa for the time being is focusing on Satellizer as well as keeping an eye for Kazuya but doesn't mean that the other characters got ignored or written out.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 21:37   Link #639
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
There will be more fanservice to be aware of, this episode so far is the only episode where the fanservice was actually tuned down quite considerably that it was acceptable unless the parts that deteriorated from the manga that everyone is raging about. But that only leads to more fanservice in future episodes.
Yeah, there'll be more fanservice in the series; but that's not what I'm worried about. There'll probably be some anime original scenes where they just add panty shots/nudity/fanservice for no reason. I know there will be 3 new anime original characters (as seen on the anime website), so they're not afraid to try new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
My point of discussion and that which I fear the most. This good story getting ruined by the fanservice getting overboard at anytime that could become an overkill.

Something for me to take of interest is that the anime is giving a lot of focus and, in future episodes will be giving more, depth to the recurrent characters not only limiting to both Satellizer and Kazuya plus the people direct around them.

The manhwa for the time being is focusing on Satellizer as well as keeping an eye for Kazuya but doesn't mean that the other characters got ignored or written out.
I'm wondering how they'll introduce and spend time on all the characters. It's a 12 episode series and they haven't introduced half of them yet. I'm hoping it'll be 24 episodes when it's done but that's unlikely.

Still, I'm hoping we get to spend some time with each of the characters. There's 21 characters on the Freezing website, so I'm not sure how likely that will be.
Old 2011-01-23, 21:38   Link #640
Dralha

Ep 3 was intense.

Spoiler:

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen