AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-05-03, 15:40   Link #21
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK55 View Post
In the original NOES, I don't think Freddy was as cheesy as he was in the sequels, I thought he was kinda scary in the original.
In the original, he DID mean business. He had his one-liners but he was far from what I have seen in the sequels where he almost became cartoonish.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 15:47   Link #22
Ballad
robots & skateboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
In the original, he DID mean business. He had his one-liners but he was far from what I have seen in the sequels where he almost became cartoonish.
Yeah, that's what I heard. I skipped the sequels, but apparently he redeemed himself in Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
Old 2010-05-03, 18:32   Link #23
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK55 View Post
Yeah, that's what I heard. I skipped the sequels, but apparently he redeemed himself in Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
I'd agree with that (New Nightmare is the best of the sequels in my opinion) and as for all the other sequels, yes there were terrible ones, but some had that spark of what was the original. The best of the sequels (save New Nightmare) in my opinion was NOES 3. That recaptured that dark humor and horror that had been near absent from the 2nd film (although Freddy in the 2nd film was still as malicious as he was in the 1st film) and many of the later sequels. Then again pretty much any Nightmare movie not in the creative control of Wes Craven pretty much sucks.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 07:09   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if you see this movie with girls, bring some headache medicine.
Old 2010-05-04, 12:59   Link #25
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

Jackie Haley really did well as freddy. He was more loyal to the first move than some of the original sequels were. I always loved the first Nighmare, because it was before they tried to turn it into such a obvious dark comedy. I liked the funnyness of the sequels, but it felt like a waste to use a villan like freddy in such a childish way, almost patheticly pandering to get more younger viewers who were to immature for the first one.

Of course now with the remake, they are straying away from that and making it what it should of been. I think it was the right decision to make freddy a child molester as well. At least now what he is doing seems a bit less random and makes more sense. Its beyond me why some small minded people think its offensive to include the molester stuff. I mean if you should just grow up if you cant watch a horror movie without getting offended.
Old 2010-05-05, 10:06   Link #26
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I have a younger friend who's planing to watch this movie. The fact she thinks its a new, original movie and not a remake, (which i knew it was a remake when i first watch the trailer) makes me feel very old.
Old 2010-05-05, 15:39   Link #27
Ballad
robots & skateboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I have a younger friend who's planing to watch this movie. The fact she thinks its a new, original movie and not a remake, (which i knew it was a remake when i first watch the trailer) makes me feel very old.
Haha, most kids my age (15) know it's a remake.
Old 2010-09-26, 07:25   Link #28
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow god i watched it yesterday , that really suxxx ... they killed this movie ...
Really they must stop doing shit ....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote