AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-10-19, 15:05   Link #361
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lots of good news today, ep2 was much better than ep1, they seem to be picking up the pace on ep3 (from the preview, at least) and taka started working on FT^^ (although there seems to be a one-week gap).
Quote:
Many more pieces that weren't in the first episode, and they fit the show nicely.
Seconded, and the best part is that there could be more coming
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 15:57   Link #362
Kadrias

This ep was more enjoyable than the first, though that's probably because it introduced quite a few of the other weirdos. Like Grey.
That bg that was playing in the beginning with the council sounded familiar.. but waitwait, wasn't that supposed to just be a table? D: Magic circles strike again!
Other than the magic circles and Lucy's chest randomly gaining sizes, this ep was awesome. xD <3
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 16:50   Link #363
Gibber

Yeah the magic circles are kinda annoying as well as the intro (or maybe it's just the narrator in general). Lucy in a maid costume next week
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 18:11   Link #364
Kariko

I don't really like the narrator bumping in to explain the characters or scanario every few mins, makes it feel less "natural". Hopefully, it's just because they're still introducting characters...
Kariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 18:46   Link #365
bigemperor

I decided to drop it, AGAIN they left out every AMAZING expression from the manga and now they start to take out things a real HORRIBLE ADAPTATION i would continue to read the manga that is amazing.

Compare this epic image

WITH THIS SHITTY PIC

OR HOW THEY REPLACE THIS ENTIRE SCENE

WITH THIS SCENE ONLY PUTTING BANDAGGES TO THEY GUY HOW CUTE (?)

A real disaster, a real shame =(
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 19:01   Link #366
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

KTHXBAI

Well seriously, i liked this episode. I read both the manga and watch the anime and we all know that there will be differences between the two, so there's no real use doing thorough comparisons to them all.

then again, im just a casual person. :P
Old 2009-10-19, 20:32   Link #367
blewin

uh... that's true. The manga is much more detailed, but you can't possibly finish that story in one episode if every single detailed is animated. It all comes down to what details are needed and what not.

To me, I think the beginning of the all out brawl in the Fairy Tail guild should follow the manga. In the anime, everyone just started fighting after Natsu punched the guy who gave him the information. But it's actually a few more provocations before everyone got involved. I just found that bit of everyone suddenly fight very forced in the anime as opposed to the more logical flow in the manga.

Still, ep 2 has been enjoyable. Lucy needs to power up her summons!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 21:03   Link #368
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

I only watched a snippet of episode 2, but it already made me laugh.

My favorite part was
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 22:11   Link #369
GarethXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
uh... that's true. The manga is much more detailed, but you can't possibly finish that story in one episode if every single detailed is animated. It all comes down to what details are needed and what not.

To me, I think the beginning of the all out brawl in the Fairy Tail guild should follow the manga. In the anime, everyone just started fighting after Natsu punched the guy who gave him the information. But it's actually a few more provocations before everyone got involved. I just found that bit of everyone suddenly fight very forced in the anime as opposed to the more logical flow in the manga.

Still, ep 2 has been enjoyable. Lucy needs to power up her summons!
got to agree here the fight scene are a little too stiff though although that said it was still way better then the first ep
Old 2009-10-19, 22:19   Link #370
Ash Falls Town

OMG Can Can music.
This show really has a good OST.
The show is really exposition heavy though. I thought there might be less in this episode but I hope that they eventually cut it down.

Also everyone seemed to accept Lucy more readily than I thought they would from the preview so that was a nice surprise.
Old 2009-10-19, 23:57   Link #371
iceyfw

oh, come on. they left out the funniest part of this episode from chapter 2. i actually chuckled at that page when it came out.

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

and the facial expressions like others have stated are not there like it is from its manga counterpart. in the manga, i could totally feel natsu was pissed when he was walking away from the boy. in the anime, it's like what?. i hope for people who are viewing fairy tail for the first time through the anime adaption will read the manga when you have time.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 00:06   Link #372
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
oh, come on. they left out the funniest part of this episode from chapter 2. i actually chuckled at that page when it came out.

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

and the facial expressions like others have stated are not there like it is from its manga counterpart. in the manga, i could totally feel natsu was pissed when he was walking away from the boy. in the anime, it's like what?. i hope for people who are viewing fairy tail for the first time through the anime adaption will read the manga when you have time.
I concur. Those details are important in terms of establishing a solid impression of what each character is like. I suppose we can only wait when the anime reaches the part where we get to see those characters in action more.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 00:09   Link #373
Kadrias

LOL, Grey, you're so great.. --^
It's been so long since I read the early chapters, I totally forgot about that stuff
But I pretty much enjoyed it anyway, so eh.. *scratches head* I guess it's 'cause the main thing I enjoy is the voices.. ...Or maybe I've just gotten used to bad adaptations..? xD
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 00:26   Link #374
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

One word for ep2: fun.

Another word: totally nuts. I guess that's two words.

Oh, well, here are a few more. As musume_no_hoshi says, Hirano Aya really isn't a trained seiyuu, and does stand out from the other voices. Personally, I use "stand out" in both meanings -- different and excellent -- but I can easily understand how people might not like her sound.

However, to me "proper professional seiyuu voice" sounds ironic. Many Japanese otaku seem to think that there is a proper way to sound and woe betide a seiyuu who has any originality. Personally, I think Hirano has lots of talent as a seiyuu -- as opposed to a by-the-numbers trained professional seiyuu sound. But she herself seems to be emphasizing her idol activities recently, at least up until this fall. Her "Hirano Aya Only" TV show is deliciously, awkwardly entertaining.

Hirano puts something special into most of her roles, as far as I am concerned. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but at least it's different from the norm. Her voice is not what I call "natural," but it has a sharp, sinuous energy that I find unique (and others find "annoying," lol).

Here, I myself am not sold on this voice. Time will tell. But at least I'm finding that she can do absolutely nutso pretty well. Not something I recall her getting into before, although I didn't watch more than a few eps of Zettai Karen Children, so maybe she did there.

But I don't know how people hear Layla in this voice, at least any more than Haruhi. I'll have to go back and listen to Layla again. In fact, Hirano's soft, emotional Layla voice is the one I like best. That's a fourth voice that musume_no_hoshi didn't mention. And the gentle, weak voice m_n_h called "moe" has put me off before (in AkaSaka, for example), but seems to me to be working brilliantly in this season of White Album. A dart to the heart, for me.

I myself am only just learning to appreciate Kugimiya Rie. She's the one that sounds the same most of the time to me, just raising or lowering the register and the character's attitude, but almost always with that same charming, slightly whiny intonation. I loved the version of it she used as Taiga.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-10-20 at 00:44.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 02:04   Link #375
Kafriel
Senior Guest

About the plenty manga comments from above: they skipped the guild's penalty list to gain time, Makarov could stand there talking for two minutes. The magic circles are not as annoying (since the only one that was seriously off was from Natsu's mouth in ep1), although they should have used a normal room for the council in era. Honestly though, I don't know why they skipped Mira's head wound (it was just blood from a bottle on the head!), Macao's bleeding etc., maybe they want to keep censorship at a maximum or save the gore for later on, who knows...As for the character detail, it doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon.

Well, anime are usually not as good as their manga counterparts, but I can live with this one's flaws and see it to the end~

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-10-20 at 04:04. Reason: spelling
Old 2009-10-20, 03:40   Link #376
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Man, people complaining about not animating a few manga scenes, you'd think they've never seen an adaptation before.
Old 2009-10-20, 03:55   Link #377
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Man, people complaining about not animating a few manga scenes, you'd think they've never seen an adaptation before.
lol I know, the 2nd episode seems to be just fine to me, compared to the first episode anyway
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 04:51   Link #378
iceyfw

Quote:
I just hate it when an animation studio picks up a manga and then proceeds to hire people who thinks it's a good idea to skip scenes that takes about 30 seconds or less which would have given you a better idea of the characters and settings that are being introduced to you for the first time. An example is the page I posted is how some, if not most, Fairy Tail guild members accomplish their missions, but they also do some outrageous stuff while doing the mission that gets reported back to the Council.

The manga shows this as to why the Council is keeping their eyes on them and even though the Guild Master is supposed to be having a ton of stress from it, he doesn't really give a crud about it and he goes into his carefree mode speech. You felt an impact from it and it showed really how Fairy Tail operated just from two chapters alone.

Now the anime adaption.. well, it's an adaption like you said. But I really don't know what A-1 Pictures and Satelight was thinking when they decided to do an anime adaption of Fairy Tail, which could have been the next big series like One Piece and Naruto with fillers and such along the way (you know you love them ), and change the important details that can have an impact on a first time viewer who has no knowledge of the Fairy Tail world whatsoever.

It's just a pet peeve of mine when a manga has a chance to become a long series span for years only to get its stardom shot down by an animation studio. It can, of course, still happen due to its growing popularity in Japan. Probably this post might be a bit messy on my thoughts since its almost 3 A.M. but hey

As for other shows which just started airing this month... well I just don't see it being really stretched out for 3 years
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 05:06   Link #379
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The show must have a dynamic start, having too many characters introduced leads to the bleach effect (i.e. being unable to develop heroes or kill villains), and I assure you there will be plenty of time to expand on FT mages if they decide to make filler arcs and such, which are usually heavy on action and emotions.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:14   Link #380
bigemperor

Quote:
do you see bleach naruto or one piece? the studios adapt EVERY scene from the manga and fairy tail is a shounen like them.
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen