Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-20, 16:29   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan

One Piece OVA

I just found out that a One Piece OVA has been released. I'm not sure whats it about but this is the official One Piece OVA discussion thread. Since One PIece is lisenced I can not tell you where to get the OVA so do not ask.

This topic could have been put into the One Piece discussion thread, but god knows why such a generic one piece discussion thread was made when one piece has it's own forum.

More importantly, where is this OVA coming from, and what is it about? And shouldn't OVA's come before a series starts?
Old 2004-06-20, 16:33   Link #2
LeafNinja

I actually wonder if the OVA and movies were included in the 4Kids licensing. I know anime series movies are usually licensed seperate from the series itself, not sure about OVAs.
Old 2004-06-20, 16:34   Link #3
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
I actually wonder if the OVA and movies were included in the 4Kids licensing. I know anime series movies are usually licensed seperate from the series itself, not sure about OVAs.

4kids license should not extend as far as the OVA, but I'm not to sure how the whole legal thing works out so I really don't know.
Old 2004-06-20, 17:04   Link #4
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Is this OVA movie 3? or is it something entirely new and I should wait to watch it because it will spoil things for me since I'm only at ep. 99?
Old 2004-06-20, 17:19   Link #5
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Is this OVA movie 3? or is it something entirely new and I should wait to watch it because it will spoil things for me since I'm only at ep. 99?

Ok here is what I found out about the OVA:

The One Piece OVA was a pilot episode done by Shounen Jump prior to the series airing. It was not produced by Toei and thus has different voice actors (Luffy is a GUY!). The only way to get a copy was to mail in stickers from a Shounen Jump magazine back in 1998. It was never released on DVD.
As for what it is, it is a short ~30 minute animation produced by Shounen Jump as a promotion for the One Piece anime prior to its initial airing (thus we call it a "pilot"). Because it was Shounen Jump and not Toei that produced the episode, you will not recognize any of the voices from the real anime series. Also, the plotline does not appear anywhere else in the manga or anime.
And the reason that no one has a decent raw is that the only way to obtain the original VHS was through a special offer from Shounen Jump magazine where you mailed in some stickers after which they sent you the tape (and only to Japan residents to boot). No DVD has ever been produced, and the VHS is no longer available.
It was produced my Production IG and the animation is beautiful!

So if this OVA was made that long ago, and was made by a different company, does that mean we can distribute the link out??!!
Old 2004-06-20, 17:31   Link #6
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Whoa crazy! Now I gotta check it out. DLing now .
Old 2004-06-20, 18:26   Link #7
Jn183

Wtf...I never heard of it...got to get it..*looking fanatically over the net for it*
Old 2004-06-20, 18:26   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

It's only a pilot? hmm. Darn. Of course I'd be curious what they'd do for an ova anyways.
Old 2004-06-20, 18:34   Link #9
Tommy
Mr. Prince

The Video quality is terrible but I guess thats to be expected seeing as the source was probably bad. Its also weird with the different voice actors. But still worth checking out if you're a big OP fan.
Old 2004-06-20, 20:48   Link #10
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

I would like to ask the admins if distribution of the torrent links of this OVA is allowed if wnkryo's information can be verified.

Edit: It seems that the information here verifies it. http://www.apricot.com/~fuu/paradise3/anime/ova.html

Last edited by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-; 2004-06-20 at 20:59.
Old 2004-06-20, 21:15   Link #11
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
I would like to ask the admins if distribution of the torrent links of this OVA is allowed if wnkryo's information can be verified.

Edit: It seems that the information here verifies it. http://www.apricot.com/~fuu/paradise3/anime/ova.html

Now all we have to do is wait for one those sexy admins to come here and gives us the 411 about the distribution of this old school one Piece OVA.
Old 2004-06-21, 03:33   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
We need to decide what to do about this OVA. Currently we consider all of OP licensed (TV series and Films) but it certainly seems like this early special may not be part of it. Difficult to tell just what was covered by the 4kids licenseing agreement as it stands.
Old 2004-06-22, 06:55   Link #13
DeluxSkillz

the ova sucked don't get it it's not worth your time the voice actors suck ass when i heard luffy i almost died
Closed Thread