AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-04-18, 16:40   Link #1
octobomb

TV to OVA

I recently saw Evangelion Rebuilt, man that was an awsome film for a remake... sure they missed a few key scenes like when misato says sorry to shinji and tells him he isnt cute... and a few other jokes along the way, but it was very complete where you felt into the story even more so then the TV series...

That made me think about shows like Gundam Wing, Naruto, and Rurouni Kenshin on how it would be so awsome if they had mini OVA/OAVs/Movies that would have all the good parts to the series remade to modern day anime drawing and animation standards of movie forms. Just thinking of a Naruto without filler is a fa nominal thing considering even the movies themselves are mostly filler except for 4-6 lines in the several hundred written.

Do anyone else feel this way too?
octobomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 18:01   Link #2
Rahan

Naruto's movies are ALL fillers, not mostly fillers.

I hate all remake / recap movies, so I am really not interested. If they bother to create something new, making a new story is part of their job. I am not interested by rushed versions of things I already know.

Anyways, I think that's the way One Piece is going. There has been a movie remake of the Arabasta Arc and the last movie is a retelling of an early arc (the one where they met Chopper) featuring the members of the crew who joined later. I might try to watch this one.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 20:32   Link #3
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Rurouni Kenshin already has an ova, it's a prequel though. Evangelion is going to have a different ending with many key points changed though in the movies.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 20:35   Link #4
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Rurouni Kenshin already has an ova, it's a prequel though.
It actually has two sets of OVA's and a movie.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 20:46   Link #5
octobomb

well i didnt mean to argu with what exists, i just agree with what Evangelion is doing, because alot of people who dont watch alot of anime can pick up a movie or two and watch it. Picking up a TV series is loads of time and theres tons of filler anyways... the Evangelion Rebuild kills all the filler
octobomb is offline   Reply With Quote