AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 01:04   Link #1
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

How close is your life to anime?

Well, i couldn't sleep last night, and decided to make this topic just to satisfy my own desire and kill some time if it possible.

Basically we know anime character relationships/plots were written based on real life events or real life thought. However, there are things that happen in many anime, that many of us question how is it to be in, or wish it happen in our every day...... but it can rarely happen in real life (or that's what we thought).

So here i hope everyone just write down things that you, your friends.. your family... your friends' families.....your family's friends ....etc.... experienced; that is normal in anime standard but quite hard to believe that it actually can happen in real life.

As usual, i go first:

- A bit like Keitaro(?)in "Love Hina", my cousin and his father are running a girl dorm, where 5 girls around his age are staying in. Their rooms are just few steps away from my cousin's room, and they all sometime have same meals with him. Too bad, none study in his school/university.

- A friend of my friend(so quite far away) accidentally stepped into some girls' room when she is changing twice in the past. How the heck can he get in the house without let that girl know is another story. But note: he is not a pervert, he is just a big empty-minded careless....lucky...bastard.

- Since birth till recently, i didn't know that i have a really far-relative cousin that is exactly same age with me, who stay close to my house, and her parents know mine quite well. Befriending with her make me recognise that there are things that you can never do to a random girl you know, nor to your girl friend, but can be quite natural to your relative. Just want to note that she is a really cute girl, and also a great friend, but not to my taste.

- Finally, a bit personally: i have a really stubborn but cute little sister, that i really think if an anime character was made based on her, she will get her own fan base. But be her brother make me realise how's easy is it for main character in shojou manga/anime to immunise sys-com ^_^

That's all for now

PS: hope this thread will not die too soon =P
Old 2008-03-31, 01:17   Link #2
IHaveCrayons

Not even close at all. I'm a college student living in a dorm. I'm Vietnamese. Oh God, it just keeps getting further and further away from anime-like.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 01:20   Link #3
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I'm a sophomore in an American high school, that would make me the equivalent of a Japanese first year.
That's very, very close to an anime setting already.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 03:01   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The closest anime references I can find in my life would be NHK and Lucky Star. Primarily because I'm an otaku who stays at home(when possible) and instead of discussing topics of otakuism in school, me and my friends do it in the (army) camp. In 6 months time, I'll be transforming back to true otakuism.

As someone who grew up on nothing but mecha anime and SRW, only recent years did I start watching other genres. With such an upbringing, I do real hotblooded yelling and have strong determination for things, which even my commanders respect, until theres a need for tactical discipline and movement, where I must be kept quiet. I believe truly in hard work, determination, guts and courage.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 09:11   Link #5
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The closest anime references I can find in my life would be NHK and Lucky Star. Primarily because I'm an otaku who stays at home(when possible) and instead of discussing topics of otakuism in school, me and my friends do it in the (army) camp. In 6 months time, I'll be transforming back to true otakuism.
Same for me, except, that I don't have friends who likes, or even stand anime. Except my cousin, who is just like Kafuka. In almost every way. She's really scary sometimes.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 11:29   Link #6
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveCrayons View Post
Not even close at all. I'm a college student living in a dorm. I'm Vietnamese. Oh God, it just keeps getting further and further away from anime-like.
Same here, although my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh card of all time is what drew me to Shakugan no Shana in the first place.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 13:11   Link #7
rainbow_star

Hey! I have something in my life really really really close to anime!!!
I'm an otaku without a girlfriend. OTZ
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 18:36   Link #8
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
naturraly as i get older my life dwells farther and farther for anime, before back when i was a boy i could relate to shonen characters and or want to be like them. now that i am 18 its foolish to think like that. however i still try very hard to cling to my childhood. anime is my last piece of innocence and i don't want to give it up

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 01:49   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hmmm, no one have anything to tell to lighten the mood? -_-'

Feel the atmospheres pretty heavy here.
Old 2008-04-01, 01:55   Link #10
IHaveCrayons

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Hmmm, no one have anything to tell to lighten the mood? -_-'

Feel the atmospheres pretty heavy here.
That's because no one here is anything like anime =x. Maybe that's why it's anime? Ah yes, brand new anime featuring Alex as he hangs out with all the Asian kids on campus, goes to parties, studies and attends class. Don't forget the part when he sleeps in! Yeah that one isn't going to sell.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 06:41   Link #11
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
the closest anime resemblance in my live is that mine is a little alike to one of the students in Sayanoara Zetsubou Sensei: Harumi...
the part where she makes doujins and writes novels as a closet yaoi fan..
though i do read in the train etc. still peeking over my shoulder if no one is watching

other than that.. ive over been overreactive when it came to happiness or expressing gratitude...
they call me happy jpop girl because of my attitude and grades
you could say that in school i have the standard class president position because i am always the one taking charge of class situations.. even when it comes to projects...
though my live isn't moving away from it.. i study animation and i have found that staying the way you are always helps your creativity..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:47   Link #12
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

umm im a 11th grader in High school....so yea....
Old 2008-04-01, 16:04   Link #13
GreatTeacherKen

Yamada's relationship with Mayama from Honey and Clover is similar to one I had with a female friend of mine.

But it has improved in the past few months so it's not all doom and gloom .
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 07:00   Link #14
Banditopants
Pathetic Wannnabe Writer

Hmmmm, my life kind of makes me like some sort of like a male version of Sora from Sketchbook Full color'S
Edit: Except I write instead of draw, which theres probably an anime more similar to my life but Sora is the best example I have.

Last edited by Banditopants; 2008-04-02 at 08:42.
Banditopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 17:56   Link #15
Dragontrapper
Viscount of California

I really wouldn't want my life to be like an anime - to likely to end in serious injury and/or death....

But I've been to 12 schools in 12 years, moved more then half a dozen times, I'm a twin, and my family life is (from my POV) pretty dramatic - Don't know of any anime that contain that.