Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-10, 12:00   Link #1661
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated_Avenger View Post
A few more questions bout Unlimited Blade Work...
A few? I have to use spoiler tags to sort them out! Oh it's okay--keep brining them up...I don't really mind...
And sorry for the late reply.

Spoiler for answer to UBW:

Spoiler for answer to UBW2:

Spoiler for answer to Ea's charge up time:

Spoiler for answer to 2 servants dying:

Spoiler for answer to 2 reality marbles:

Spoiler for answer to Alexander:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-03-10 at 21:27.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 19:14   Link #1662
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
So, Ea can basically devours anything upon contact. Then, the reason Gilgamesh lost was because he was too conceited over his power.

Iamandragon, you are very hardworking since you reach to the extent of calculating the exact time so that we can understand the anime better, my salute to you.

By the way, I think that Berserker's immunity is nature born because according to legend, Hercules was the son of Zeus, so he must have acquired some godly features in order for him to survive all those 12 labors. However, these are only my theory.

I wanted to ask, is the weapon created through tracing as strong as the original weapon or is it weaker because the sword created by Archer is very powerful while Shirou's creation was awfully weak!!

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 19:36   Link #1663
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
So, Ea can basically devours anything upon contact. Then, the reason Gilgamesh lost was because he was too conceited over his power.
And because he's not the main character...

Quote:
Iamandragon, you are very hardworking since you reach to the extent of calculating the exact time so that we can understand the anime better, my salute to you.
First off, it's iamandragon--please don't add caps to the first letter as it is not a name.
My brain was already over-clocked from all the school work, so I'm just letting the steam out by doing the calculations...

Quote:
I wanted to ask, is the weapon created through tracing as strong as the original weapon or is it weaker because the sword created by Archer is very powerful while Shirou's creation was awfully weak!!
Traced weapons have to be weaker than the original one--by one rank at least.(can be even worse, but for Shirou/Archer who are masters at tracing, they still suffer from the one rank decrement of the traced object...

The reason Shirou's Kansha and Bakuya is weaker than Archer is not because of anything, but because Shirou is a human while Archer is a servant. If Shirou wants, he can definitely give the output of what Archer does, which he did in the UBW route against *beep* and even against *beep* in the HF route--but that would destroy his body, as a human body cannot withstand the power of the two blades. Think of it as yourself firing a cannon without any support--the recoil would kill you, same case for Shirou.
Old 2008-03-10, 23:29   Link #1664
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

From 4chan, courtesy of the now-legendary "Ascalon !m1DHNJT5H."

I am the beta of my patch.
Incomplete is my status, and engrishy is my text.
I have created over a thousand threads.
Unaware of trolling.
Nor aware of the installer.
Withstood faggotry to fap to Rin.
Waiting for patch's arrival.
I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was "Unlimited Leak Works."

Unlimited Blade Works translation patch has been leaked.

http://rapidshare.com/files/98606244/UBW.rar.html

Have fun.

(password is "MESSAGE IS A FAGGOT"--I didn't upload it, feel free to repack it without a password if you want)

Last edited by Dark Shikari; 2008-03-10 at 23:40.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 05:10   Link #1665
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Everyone be careful--it might be a virus as it's not official(no offense meant to anyone--but better safe than sorry...)
Anyone with a good knowledge on computers in this forum scan this for any malicious things hidden??
Old 2008-03-11, 08:10   Link #1666
Reincarnated_Avenger

Sorry iamandragon. I dont know i would trouble you with that question.

Some of this the anime doesnt explain(due to translations):

Why doesnt shirou died after tracing excallibur? Tohsaka rin says its suicide an i have to agree even Saber fainted when she's going to use it when saber's first encounter Assasin.

My friends tell me assasin/sasaski koujirou has 2 swords but he only uses 1. Is that true?

UBW question again.(to tell the truth im not so keen to use spoiler)

Spoiler for UBW:

Spoiler for UBW:

Spoiler for UBW:
Reincarnated_Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 09:31   Link #1667
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
From 4chan, courtesy of the now-legendary "Ascalon !m1DHNJT5H."

I am the beta of my patch.
Incomplete is my status, and engrishy is my text.
I have created over a thousand threads.
Unaware of trolling.
Nor aware of the installer.
Withstood faggotry to fap to Rin.
Waiting for patch's arrival.
I have no regrets, this is the only path.
My whole life was "Unlimited Leak Works."

Unlimited Blade Works translation patch has been leaked.

http://rapidshare.com/files/98606244/UBW.rar.html

Have fun.

(password is "MESSAGE IS A FAGGOT"--I didn't upload it, feel free to repack it without a password if you want)
This is a leaked version of the translation. TakaJun (the lead translator) says that he doesn't want it to be seen because the texts inside the patch are unedited and are very unpolished.

Quote:
Sorry iamandragon. I dont know i would trouble you with that question.

Some of this the anime doesnt explain(due to translations):

Why doesnt shirou died after tracing excallibur? Tohsaka rin says its suicide an i have to agree even Saber fainted when she's going to use it when saber's first encounter Assasin.

My friends tell me assasin/sasaski koujirou has 2 swords but he only uses 1. Is that true?

UBW question again.(to tell the truth im not so keen to use spoiler)

Spoiler for UBW:

Spoiler for UBW:

Spoiler for UBW:
You asked for spoiler, so you will get a spoiler.

Spoiler for Answer UBW1:

Spoiler for Answer UBW2:

Spoiler for Answer UBW3:

As of Sasaki Koujiro, he only use one sword, which is a very long one. The man that use two swords was Miyamoto Musashi, supposed Sasaki Koujiro's rival (but Sasaki Koujiro wasn't in the book that Musashi wrote so we don't know that Sasaki Koujiro's really exist).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 11:15   Link #1668
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
This is a leaked version of the translation. TakaJun (the lead translator) says that he doesn't want it to be seen because the texts inside the patch are unedited and are very unpolished.
I've played through Day 7 of UBW so far and it seems basically perfect to me. Taka did an extremely good job. MirrorMoon IRC has basically been flooded with anons thanking them ever since the leak came out.

Apparently there is an issue with applocale on some systems that causes a crash on Day 7; if you get the problem, replace the patch file with this one here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/98679240/patch2.xp3
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 13:48   Link #1669
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

I found that out as well--to be honest I'm not the bunch that're pleased
Sure I have been dying for the UBW patch, but I fell really sorry for Taka--I read the 'readme' and think the person that distributed it is really horrible. What does he mean 'it's not your project alone?' If that's his way then everyone can go into his house and take whatever they see because he's showing them to the others...
I'll wait for the official installation patch...

As for your questions, Archer, Alaya have answered them perfectly, so I have nothing else to add.
Old 2008-03-13, 08:28   Link #1670
Reincarnated_Avenger

Its Avenger Iamandragon not Archer.

Beside using them(NP) as broken NP is there another way to increase the rank of NP(for example from rank B to rank A)?

And no alaya didnt answer one of my question.

Shiro manage to trace the human greatest sword Excallibur. He has so few magic circuit how can he manage to trace them without killing himself?

Beside heracles is there another servant who can enter other classes other than what is shown in the anime?

When a servant NP is destroyed does that mean he/she cannot use it forever or what?

Anyone knows what is the catalyst for angra mainyu?

Let say 2 magi has something which is belong to the same servant. They decided to use them as a catalyst to summon their servant. What would happen if both magi summon them at the same time?
Reincarnated_Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:35   Link #1671
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Its Avenger Iamandragon not Archer.
Ahh--my apologies.

Quote:
Beside using them(NP) as broken NP is there another way to increase the rank of NP(for example from rank B to rank A)?
Not that I know of...reinforcing only makes them tougher but it doesn't raise their rank...

Quote:
Shiro manage to trace the human greatest sword Excallibur. He has so few magic circuit how can he manage to trace them without killing himself?
Tracing the sword doesn't require much magic--unleashing the power is that one that kills himself as unleashing it requires him to pour a lot of mana into it, which he doesn't even have enough in his magic circuit. As a result, life energy is also poured in(they're both similar in many aspects) which kills him.
And about dying from tracing Caliburn, it is because Tohsaka doesn't understand the capabilities of Shirou yet. Shirou was felling uncomfortable not because it was a burden for him, but because he's not used to tracing. For example, you haven't been swimming for 10 years and all of a sudden you're thrown into the sea--you can still swim, but afterwards you'll feel crap as you forced the ability to swim to 'wake up' without warming up.

Quote:
Beside heracles is there another servant who can enter other classes other than what is shown in the anime?
There must be, but not there is any stated officially--imagine it yourself.

Quote:
When a servant NP is destroyed does that mean he/she cannot use it forever or what?
Unless they have any means to repair it, yes they cannot use it anymore.

Quote:
Anyone knows what is the catalyst for angra mainyu?
Mayonese...

Quote:
Let say 2 magi has something which is belong to the same servant. They decided to use them as a catalyst to summon their servant. What would happen if both magi summon them at the same time?
Two servants of different classes with the same identity will appear--and the class? It'll depend on the artifact. If you summon Saber with her shoe while I summon her with Avalon it's obvious that I'll get a saber class Saber while you (perhaps) get a rider class...Saber(wouldn't her be called Rider then?)
Old 2008-03-13, 10:51   Link #1672
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Hello there i just got few question.

Let say if archer is trapped by GIlgamesh's Chain of heaven/Enkidu in UBW. Can he
still direct his sword to counter Gilgamesh gate of babylon.

Does all noble phantasm need its name to be said before the user can unleash its true power?

And iamandragon can you post me the answer for the question the Avenger asked
about what happened to the holy grail if two last servant kill each other at same time?
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 17:24   Link #1673
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Hello there i just got few question.

Let say if archer is trapped by GIlgamesh's Chain of heaven/Enkidu in UBW. Can he
still direct his sword to counter Gilgamesh gate of babylon.
No idea--but I assume Archer can't be binded by Enkidu as he does not have a single speck of divinity within him, or the binding is weak that he can struggle it off.

Quote:
Does all noble phantasm need its name to be said before the user can unleash its true power?
Yes.

Quote:
And iamandragon can you post me the answer for the question the Avenger asked
about what happened to the holy grail if two last servant kill each other at same time?
Yes.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:20   Link #1674
Ray Huynh

ok some nubby questions >.<

ok one for UBW
Spoiler:
Ray Huynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 01:51   Link #1675
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Im guessing Archer wont give a chance for gilgamesh to charge his EA. He'll most likely spam his twin swords while gilgamesh intend to charge it. Then if Gilgamesh uses Gate of Babylon he'll use his Rho Aias and chant at the same time. Once the UBW set up he'll then spam his UBW sword and spam him from each and every direction.

A few more question...

Why cant Archer trace Enuma Elish?

I heard that archer can download the skill from theNP. Is it a manual or an automatic process?

Caster can Shoot those purple light from her hand without saying incantation. Why dont she use that to deflect archer's sword when he sneak attack souichirou kuzuki?

Quote:
If Shirou wants, he can definitely give the output of what Archer does, which he did in the UBW route against *beep* and even against *beep* in the HF route--but that would destroy his body, as a human body cannot withstand the power of the two blades.
Can you tell me the name in spoiler please?
And does that mean shirou died after the battle?
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 04:44   Link #1676
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Because the material required to create Enuma Elish doesn't exist in this world anymore. Ea was also created before the era of human and cannot be comprehended it's structure by human's concept.

Quote:
I heard that archer can download the skill from theNP. Is it a manual or an automatic process?
It's because the way he trace weapons. Normally, an ordinary mage would just mimic the structure of the traced object. However, Archer/Shirou constructed them from the blueprint that contain every information of that object. Taken from Type-Moon's Wikia (can't think of better explanation :P):

Gradation Air, or Projection (投影 touei), is the reproduction of an original with prana from the image the user has.
If the image is not perfect, then projection is not possible. Furthermore, the projection is only as strong as the image the user has of it - if the user has a full knowledge of the real one, then the image will be close to reality. But if the image is loose, then its strength will drop and it will vanish.

If you can replicate an original with Gradation Air, then making the replica with the corresponding material is easier and more practical, making the spell useless.

If the real thing was lost and is needed temporarily for a ritual (just a few minutes), projection can be used to reproduce the shape and the substance as closely to the real one as possible.

As the world will try to revise the projection of "something that is already lost", prolonged materialization is basically impossible.

Again, rather than using projection to reproduce everything, it is more efficient to reinforce what already exists as it consumes less prana and is more effective. For example, if a projection requires a prana level of 10, then its strength will only be 3 or 4, while reinforcing something that already exists with the same prana would give something with a strength of 30 or 40.

It is only used to prepare a substitute that will disappear just after when a tool for a ceremony in the present era couldn't be recovered. Projection is nothing more than an empty shadow.

To Emiya Shirou, it is easier to prepare his own projection than pour his prana into an existing object to reinforce it, but that isn't all there is. Emiya Shirou can evaluate the idea behind the creation, determine the foundation, reproduce the base material, copy the manufacture, assimilate the experience, reproduce the age; unlike a normal person who does the recreation from the base idea, he will include in the blueprint the material property, the nature and the history of the item.

With a normal usage of Gradation Air, it is possible to perform a "reinforcement" of an existing object that imitates a "projection", but to Emiya Shirou and the heroic spirit Emiya, it is impossible to compensate with a reinforcement if the image isn't created from A to Z by his Reality Marble.

Gradation Air is also referred to as Tracing or Imaging in Shirou's case, due to how he says "Trace, on" and mentions the creation of an "image" (both terms in English in the text) when using (his Reality Marble version of) this skill.

Source: based on the Fate/Side Material encyclopedia entry (p.67)
Quote:
Caster can Shoot those purple light from her hand without saying incantation. Why dont she use that to deflect archer's sword when he sneak attack souichirou kuzuki?
Spoiler for Archer-Caster:

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler name for beep:

Quote:
There is definitely another one. If you really can't guess, read ahead.

Spoiler for Possible multi-class Servant:

Quote:
I do believe that any servant can be summoned at the same time because what is summoned is only the copy of the information contain in the Throne of Heroes. The re is one exception, which is Saber we know. This is because Saber isn't dead yet so her information is not yet recorded into the Throne of Heroes.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2008-03-14, 06:28   Link #1677
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Alya, I mentioned many times...
And to begin with, no one wants to read such a long passage--most people are not interested in learning but an answer. Just by seeing that long passage people are going to skip it without even paying attention to the highlighted words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Huynh View Post
ok some nubby questions >.<

ok one for UBW
Spoiler:
There is nothing to measure the strength of a reality marble--it's just like asking who is stronger? Mercury or mars? Reality marble is their own world, it only brings forth new set of rules that overrides the original world.
If UBW is intact and gil tries to take out Ea, it'll be over for Gil--taking out Ea is way too slow compared to his hand being slashed off. In fact, all of Gil's moves are too slow compared to Shirou/Archer once in UBW

Quote:
Because he can't read the sword, and if he can't read it, he can't produce a structure in his mide and thus Ea is untraceable.

Quote:
In the seven steps of tracing the one of them is to resonate the experience of weapon, that means all the memory of the wielder of that traced weapon is also recreated. Just by holding the blades Archer/Shirou would be able to synchronize with the memory of the weapon.
At first it's the weapon controlling the user, but the more they use that weapon their body will remember the movements.

Quote:
Why can't a bullet stop a missile? Also even her spell casting is fast, there's still a limit to how fast it is as she still need to make a sound to cast the spell. THe swords are already fired, so it's too late even if her magic are strong enough to deflect them.

Quote:
Sure. Check your pm.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-03-14 at 14:22.
Old 2008-03-14, 10:05   Link #1678
Blade_Reaper387
@/_\@

Smile

Its been a while since i last posted... Man i sure missed out a lot of stuff ( i spent hours readin all the latest posts till my eyes are a blur)

it was mentioned tat the ubw english patch was leaked? holy****ingshit...but i wuld rather wait for the 100%edited ver.

btw i was bored n decided to play/read the fsn novel again but the strange thing was every thing was fine except the translated-english words r missin!! Can anione think why this weird shit happened?
Blade_Reaper387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 12:15   Link #1679
Alaya
Counter Force

Let's say I just wanted the answer to be as accurate as possible. There are questions that can be answered with opinion but many more that need a fact to support it's answer. I can rewritten the passage but that might take out or twist meaning or fact in it so I decide to copy paste from the most reliable source. Actually, I forgot to provide the information about why Ea cannot be created by projection too.

I believe this is what we should do to answer the question or present information; provide the solid reliable source to justify your answer.

Yes, it's long but it's for the full understanding of the answer for the question. If you ask the question, then you should already prepare to learn and think from the answer. What I did was just presenting "everything that you can read from" and if you think it's too long then tough luck. If you think my answer is not good, then please answer it in your own way. I wouldn't mind as long as it's correct (and I don't mind your correction of my answer if you can find a solid proof that my answer is wrong).

Old 2008-03-14, 14:31   Link #1680
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Reaper387 View Post
Its been a while since i last posted... Man i sure missed out a lot of stuff ( i spent hours readin all the latest posts till my eyes are a blur)

it was mentioned tat the ubw english patch was leaked? holy****ingshit...but i wuld rather wait for the 100%edited ver.

btw i was bored n decided to play/read the fsn novel again but the strange thing was every thing was fine except the translated-english words r missin!! Can anione think why this weird shit happened?
Disappeared? How come? Have you tried re-starting the application, or even re-installing the game? Have a go at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Let's say I just wanted the answer to be as accurate as possible. There are questions that can be answered with opinion but many more that need a fact to support it's answer. I can rewritten the passage but that might take out or twist meaning or fact in it so I decide to copy paste from the most reliable source. Actually, I forgot to provide the information about why Ea cannot be created by projection too.

I believe this is what we should do to answer the question or present information; provide the solid reliable source to justify your answer.

Yes, it's long but it's for the full understanding of the answer for the question. If you ask the question, then you should already prepare to learn and think from the answer. What I did was just presenting "everything that you can read from" and if you think it's too long then tough luck. If you think my answer is not good, then please answer it in your own way. I wouldn't mind as long as it's correct (and I don't mind your correction of my answer if you can find a solid proof that my answer is wrong).
Citing and copy/paste are different. By showing them copy/past, some would simply get confused, as their answer requires them to think deep into them and spend lots of time on researching. Anime & Manga are our hobbies, not our lives, so it's natural people will be reluctant to read huge amount of copy/past texts.

Providing the link to the source would be more than enough to make yours a very accurate one. Take for my answer to Blade_Reaper for example--if I do it your way I'd be showing him the entire reading list for computer engineering and programming--but it's solved with just a suggestion. If he can't solve it/want to know more, he will come back and ask again, which is the cause for discussion.