Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-18, 04:57   Link #1461
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukannon View Post
EMIYA has Broken Phantasms, which instantly pwn anything Gilgamesh can launch. Sword-rain's not that good when Saber can instantly deflect them all. D:
Well Emiya NEEDS Broken Phantasms to make his weapons equal to Gilgamesh. Remember every weapon Emiya traces has its rank go down by one. Broken Phantasms raises their ranking by one. One rank down then one rank up. With weapons of the same rank only can Emiya make his weapon cancel out Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon.
Also, Broken Phantasms costs mana too. Use it too often and Emiya will find himself burn out.

Quote:
I think our definitions of 'middle' and 'long' range may differ.
May be. For me, middle range is the distance within 30 metre. Anything beyond that is long range.

Quote:
If her barrier was suppressing his power, wouldn't the explosions just be external?

Oh well, you've played the game, not me.
Supressing as in trying to slow down the energies in the swords. The game itself didn't say anything about that, so I took a guess about why there're exposions after she dies.

Quote:
...Excuse me, wut? I'm confused now. Are we still talking about Fate?

...I need to play the fucking game. >:|
Yes. I'm talking about the first Gilgamesh vs Shirou + Saber battle. That happened in the Fate route.

Quote:
That makes even less sense. What about Fragarach?
What about it?

Quote:
Shouldn't he not have had that many weapons with Kotomine?

Or is he just that rich that it makes a negligible difference?
Gilgamesh is weaker when he's with Kotomine. In Fate Zero, Gilgamesh has so many weapons that he doesn't even bother retrieving them when he fires it. (Actually no, he just think the targets his swords hit are too filthy that it dirts his swrod and doesn't want them back). He even has a few personal flying machines to fly in the sky with!

Quote:
But Gilgamesh also has Gram itself, and there's no way he ever possessed that in his lifetime. Hell, there's no way he possessed even half of the weapons he has in his vault.

I'd actually bet on him having every origin(therefore only not having the Noble Phantasms that never spawned another Noble Phantasm), because it makes more sense that way.
Hmm...interesting...I think you're right, but I can't help asking how the heck does Gilgamesh gets when he has Merodach? Need to ask Nasu...(maybe it's just a mistake Nasu made...)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 15:29   Link #1462
Lukannon

Quote:
Well Emiya NEEDS Broken Phantasms to make his weapons equal to Gilgamesh. Remember every weapon Emiya traces has its rank go down by one. Broken Phantasms raises their ranking by one. One rank down then one rank up. With weapons of the same rank only can Emiya make his weapon cancel out Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon.
Also, Broken Phantasms costs mana too. Use it too often and Emiya will find himself burn out.
Broken Phantasms have a LOT more range than GoB, though, 'specially with EMIYA's eyes. Y helo thar 4 kilometer shot! Gilgamesh would probably be insta-dead in that case, though if the battle started out quicker, he could win.

Although that's a moot point, you're probably right.

Quote:
May be. For me, middle range is the distance within 30 metre. Anything beyond that is long range.
By thirty meters, I'd say it's already long-range, but our definitions are pretty much the same, surprisingly. :|

Quote:
Supressing as in trying to slow down the energies in the swords. The game itself didn't say anything about that, so I took a guess about why there're exposions after she dies.
Do the explosions happen everywhere, or just the ground or something? If it's the former, you could be right, but if it's the latter, I could be right.

Oh well, dun' really matter.

Quote:
Yes. I'm talking about the first Gilgamesh vs Shirou + Saber battle. That happened in the Fate route.
...So...explain your previous statement a bit more. Yes, I'm being nitpicky, but meh. :P

Quote:
What about it?
That ain't a Servant weapon. And Noble Phantasms belong to Heroic Spirits.

Quote:
Gilgamesh is weaker when he's with Kotomine. In Fate Zero, Gilgamesh has so many weapons that he doesn't even bother retrieving them when he fires it. (Actually no, he just think the targets his swords hit are too filthy that it dirts his swrod and doesn't want them back). He even has a few personal flying machines to fly in the sky with!
A few flying machines!? Holy shit, that's awesome.

And that's the BEST reason to throw a weapon away ever.

Quote:
Hmm...interesting...I think you're right, but I can't help asking how the heck does Gilgamesh gets when he has Merodach? Need to ask Nasu...(maybe it's just a mistake Nasu made...)
With the aberration of Gram, there are only two logical explanations: Either he possesses all the origins, or he possesses all the weapons(and only brought out the origins because they're more useful for his purposes). With Durandal, Vajra, Houtengeki, and Harpe thrown in, it complicates the issue, since they don't seem to have been the origin of anything, so far as I can tell(but again, I'm probably wrong).
Lukannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 17:10   Link #1463
Archer

Quote:
By thirty meters, I'd say it's already long-range, but our definitions are pretty much the same, surprisingly. :|
Lancer can cover over a hundred meters in an instant just by walking backward. Just because it's long-range by normal standards doesn't mean it's long range by Servant standards.

Quote:
That ain't a Servant weapon. And Noble Phantasms belong to Heroic Spirits.
Noble Phantasms are simply legends turned into something tangible. They don't necessarily have to belong to Heroic Spirits.

Quote:
With the aberration of Gram, there are only two logical explanations: Either he possesses all the origins, or he possesses all the weapons(and only brought out the origins because they're more useful for his purposes). With Durandal, Vajra, Houtengeki, and Harpe thrown in, it complicates the issue, since they don't seem to have been the origin of anything, so far as I can tell(but again, I'm probably wrong).
Gilgamesh owned all of the legendary weapons before they were legends; that is to say, before they even had names.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 18:05   Link #1464
Lukannon

Quote:
Lancer can cover over a hundred meters in an instant just by walking backward. Just because it's long-range by normal standards doesn't mean it's long range by Servant standards.
I thought that was a special trait of Lancer?

Quote:
Noble Phantasms are simply legends turned into something tangible. They don't necessarily have to belong to Heroic Spirits.
o i c

Thanks.

Quote:
Gilgamesh owned all of the legendary weapons before they were legends; that is to say, before they even had names.
So does he have all legendary weapons?

Or does he have a nameless version of them?

Or what?
Old 2007-09-18, 21:22   Link #1465
Archer

Quote:
While agility is the Lancer (as a class)'s greatest trait, it still goes to show that what seems impossible for normal humans is actually quite possible for Servants. Shirou, with Archer's arm, could easily keep up with most cars at high speeds (and Archer's nowhere near the fastest of the bunch).

Quote:
So does he have all legendary weapons?

Or does he have a nameless version of them?

Or what?
Both, really. They're just nameless weapons that haven't established their own legends yet, but they're legendary in the sense that they're part of the Gate of Babylon.
Old 2007-09-18, 21:42   Link #1466
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Broken Phantasms have a LOT more range than GoB, though, 'specially with EMIYA's eyes. Y helo thar 4 kilometer shot! Gilgamesh would probably be insta-dead in that case, though if the battle started out quicker, he could win.

Although that's a moot point, you're probably right.
True. Though It seems like Emiya had something about broken phantasms and doesn't want to use it. Also he can only use the 4 kilometer shot with Spiral Sword II, which he only has one.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
My definition combines both yours. By long range I actually mean a distance that a servant cannot reach just by charging. And middle range is a distance where both long range and close range combat strategies can be used. However I forgot to apply the standard that a servant is many times stronger than a human, so I change my definition of middle range for F/SN to 200 meter and below. ^^

Quote:
Do the explosions happen everywhere, or just the ground or something? If it's the former, you could be right, but if it's the latter, I could be right.
There's only the sound effects, so I don't know.

Quote:
A few flying machines!? Holy shit, that's awesome.
He has a few, but he took out two. One for him and one for Tohsaka(senior). Wait for the English release! Introduce me more people who can read both Chinese and English to help us! Learn Chinese and come help us! Do anything!

Quote:
And that's the BEST reason to throw a weapon away ever.
Can't be helped. Gilgamesh is filled with ego...and when Gilgamesh says things like 'I won't take those back, the monster already tainted them by being damaged by them.' is just too cool. It's an artificial expression, but when used by Gilgamesh it's just so natural.

Quote:

Thank you for the explaination! :kisses Archer:

Quote:
More like a basic requirement? Lancer in Fate/Zero can't fight as great as this Lancer, nor can he cover 200 meters in one leap. (considering that he's even worsely prepared, few days compared to 10 years)
Old 2007-09-19, 01:11   Link #1467
Archer

Well, I'm just using the in-game explanations for everything here. It's quite amazing, just how much information lies within the source.

Additionally, kissing Heroic Spirits, while rewarding, will make you a potential target of dragons, mostly those of the badly done CG variety. There's also some mana loss involved.

Last edited by Archer; 2007-09-19 at 01:34.
Old 2007-09-20, 15:03   Link #1468
Lukannon

Quote:
While agility is the Lancer (as a class)'s greatest trait, it still goes to show that what seems impossible for normal humans is actually quite possible for Servants. Shirou, with Archer's arm, could easily keep up with most cars at high speeds (and Archer's nowhere near the fastest of the bunch).
I suppose you're right.

Quote:
Both, really. They're just nameless weapons that haven't established their own legends yet, but they're legendary in the sense that they're part of the Gate of Babylon.
...>:| Maybe I should just drop this line of inquiry, because for some reason, that STILL doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
True. Though It seems like Emiya had something about broken phantasms and doesn't want to use it. Also he can only use the 4 kilometer shot with Spiral Sword II, which he only has one.
Didn't he use Hrunting? In this case, I have read the translation of the game's script, so I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong. Even if he only used Hrunting for his final shot, that was still meant to cross the 4 kilometers...or so I thought.

Quote:
There's only the sound effects, so I don't know.
Muuu...

Quote:
He has a few, but he took out two. One for him and one for Tohsaka(senior). Wait for the English release! Introduce me more people who can read both Chinese and English to help us! Learn Chinese and come help us! Do anything!
I am powerless. -\(o__o)/-

Quote:
Can't be helped. Gilgamesh is filled with ego...and when Gilgamesh says things like 'I won't take those back, the monster already tainted them by being damaged by them.' is just too cool. It's an artificial expression, but when used by Gilgamesh it's just so natural.
And that totally wasn't sarcasm, in case you thought it was. XD Gilgamesh is a pimp. A+ in Charisma, *****es!

(I'd just say the damn thing, but I'm not too familiar with rules here. :x)

Quote:
Thank you for the explaination! :kisses Archer:
Oh, this clears it up a bit...although not necessarily in the right direction. :P

Quote:
More like a basic requirement? Lancer in Fate/Zero can't fight as great as this Lancer, nor can he cover 200 meters in one leap. (considering that he's even worsely prepared, few days compared to 10 years)
What's this first sentence about now?

It's a pity that Lancer was just another Irishman, though. :x I kinda wanted to see Hector of Troy or something.
Old 2007-09-20, 22:03   Link #1469
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

I mean...a heroic spirit has to be very quick to be a Lancer...but that's just my guess. I got that impression from Archer and Lancer's first encounter where Archer said 'There are only three Lancers with agility as great as yous' meaning that agility has always been a Lancer triad.
Old 2007-09-25, 05:27   Link #1470
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

btw does archer remember his past during the fight with berserker in fate? i rewatch 14 and he call illyasviel illya which is wat shiro call him
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 10:34   Link #1471
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
btw does archer remember his past during the fight with berserker in fate? i rewatch 14 and he call illyasviel illya which is wat shiro call him
Considering that he only has a record of his previous life, probably not. It's debatable that Archer/Shirou even fought against Berserker in his previous life.
Old 2007-09-25, 13:18   Link #1472
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
There is no proof weather Archer was lying about his memories at all. Afterall, Archer is the only servant class that can disregard their master unless given a clear command. Telling Archer to 'say the truth' is a command too board and he can still lie.

But for one thing we can be sure: Archer is hawt.
Old 2007-09-25, 22:05   Link #1473
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon

But for one thing we can be sure: Rider is hawt.
T3h Fixed.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:23   Link #1474
Bonjour
Rosa Gigantea

Hey, question!
I've seen some yuri pairing of fate/stay night recently in YouTube and Fan-arts..
Is there really one? Whose who?
Bonjour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 10:06   Link #1475
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour View Post
Hey, question!
I've seen some yuri pairing of fate/stay night recently in YouTube and Fan-arts..
They're probably all fan based. Most popular are that of Saber x Rin.
Old 2007-09-29, 20:19   Link #1476
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

1.What is Lancers true identity? Like Rider was Medusa and Berserker was Hercules, is it ever mentioned in the game?
2. Who is Lancer's master in the game? because I heard it was different.
3. Is the game translated in English?
4. Who is True Assassin? and why is he called True Assassin? Is the other Assassin fake or something?
Old 2007-09-29, 21:09   Link #1477
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
1.What is Lancers true identity? Like Rider was Medusa and Berserker was Hercules, is it ever mentioned in the game?
2. Who is Lancer's master in the game? because I heard it was different.
3. Is the game translated in English?
4. Who is True Assassin? and why is he called True Assassin? Is the other Assassin fake or something?
1. Wikipedia
2. Wikipedia
3. Mirrormoon.org
4. Wikipedia

As mentioned by Archer in their first encounter, Lancer is the child of light, Cú Chulainn of Ireland. It is not only mentioned in the game, but it is also in the status screen.
Lancer's master is Kotomine Kirei. But that's his second master. His initial master is Bazett Fraga McRemitz, who was killed by Kotomine and had her command seals taken away by Kotomine.
True Assassin is true assassin as to distinguish the two assassins. The assassin summoned by Caster is not even an assassin to begin with. Also even it is not in the rules, the only hero that can respond to the Assassin class is Hasan, the leader of a gang of assassins in the middle east. Again, wikipedia pretty much covers up 40% of the stuff, which is more than what you need.
The game is not released in English. However mirrormoon.org has completed the translation of the fate path and has released an English patch for it.
Old 2007-10-01, 03:06   Link #1478
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
It seems as though he does.

Spoiler for Episode 14:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour
Hey, question!
There is nothing in it that would really be considered Yuri. Most of it seems to be fan-born due to one particular scene in the series (Episode 15 anyone?) between Saber and Rin, although it's pretty minor. I think people are using magnifying yuri glasses for this one. Seeing what they want to see I think.
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 09:14   Link #1479
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Archer's memory is one of the unsolved mysteries...so mysterious.

Actually the Saber x Rin pairing comes from the good end of Rin's route, where the final CG shows Rin and Saber holding hands together. But I can't deny the first sex scene in Fate scenario contributed a lot to the Yuriness...play the game, there's more Yuriness there.
Old 2007-10-14, 07:56   Link #1480
serialies

Quote:
Lukannon said; With the aberration of Gram, there are only two logical explanations: Either he possesses all the origins, or he possesses all the weapons(and only brought out the origins because they're more useful for his purposes). With Durandal, Vajra, Houtengeki, and Harpe thrown in, it complicates the issue, since they don't seem to have been the origin of anything, so far as I can tell(but again, I'm probably wrong).
i thought a servant/spirit/counterguardian could aquire more noble phantasms even after their "dead"...eg if gil throws away (permenantly) one of his millions of swords and iono...archer decides to keep it wouldnt that make it archers phantasm? =/ maybe im wrong...
serialies is offline   Reply With Quote