AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-13, 06:36   Link #101
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Third decapitation in the anime so far. Man, the writer sure loves doing such scary move. At least, D became a more interesting character suddenly now that he has to fit with these sentai.
Old 2024-05-14, 03:40   Link #102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

D is the sharpest tool in a shed of very dull tools. But he does appear to be learning from his experiences. The passion he showed when he faced Hibiki's sister shows that he developed an understanding of the guy he's mimicking.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-19, 08:36   Link #103
Frontier

It's probably really surreal for D to be training to fight basically himself and his comrades, though I guess it's even less surprising that the Rangers are trained to prioritize killing monsters over protecting civilians. These are the kind of people he's dealing with in his quest to defeat the Dragon Keepers .

He also can't expect a lot from his roommate, XX, other than just promising her he's going to survive this. Somehow .

Oh, so we finally find out what all the other squads do. Pink is combat support, Blue is management, Green are stealth, Yellow is the science division, and Red is obviously the fighters. Though it's kind of funny that blue is management when Blue Keeper is a thug and Green are basically ninja's when Green Keeper is the most jovial of all the Keepers save Red .

So...3-day final exam where the Ranger Recruits have to defeat a "monster" by working together in partners. Should be easy right? Well, not for "Hibiki" who gets paired with Shion, the last guy he would want to work together with (and the feeling is mutual) and they have to fight fake monsters played by the Junior Rangers who are vastly stronger than them .

Suzukiri and D finally reunite! Kind of! I wonder if she would've figured him out if she'd "played" with Sakurama for a bit like she planned, unless she'd already figured it out, but I pity (and envy) the Rangers who went up against her because she seems to enjoy playing the monster a little too much (and well). She even dodges a truck! I'm so scaroused! Though I wonder how serious she was about wanting to get "punished" ?

Tokita is back and still showing the wounds of D's beatdown, which he's very sore about, but he makes quick work of Shion and D can't fight him head on lest he get one wound and expose himself. But I guess the best solution to win isn't to fight like a Ranger...but a Duster. Which means subterfuge and manipulation .

Hisui is a classic delin...I mean, spunky high school girl who keeps her weapons in her mouth and is ferocious in a fight, which makes her the perfect person to manipulate into attacking Tokita when D morphs into the two of them and attacks them in each others' forms. Just...make sure she doesn't come after you .

Everyone has their own conviction and motivation for joining the Rangers. Shion wants revenge on a monster, Ishikawa is determined to join Green Squad (and has history with Hisui?), and Usukubo feels it's her duty to become one .

Usukubo seems like a genuinely nice and sweet girl with decent drawing skills. It's probably a compliment on "Hibiki's" part that she not become a Ranger .

D gets in some good hits on Tokita, and uses Shion's own personality to make him commit, and with some semblance of teamwork they're able to get Tokita and Hisui on the ropes...though by the end of the first day they had blades pointed right at their faces, so they still have a long way to go .
Old 2024-05-19, 15:36   Link #104
grecefar

If the idiot doesn't want to listen then just use him and bait him so he gets the message.

D was such an MVP here even being more ranger than them. It would be funny if by the end he becomes the red ranger. That would be awesome.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-19, 18:56   Link #105
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
If the idiot doesn't want to listen then just use him and bait him so he gets the message.

D was such an MVP here even being more ranger than them. It would be funny if by the end he becomes the red ranger. That would be awesome.
I'm starting to wonder if he might end up forming his own team out of the recruits to take down the Keepers.
Old 2024-05-24, 09:48   Link #106
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like the English version of the first four episodes are out... I know that Hulu's stream them by June 12.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-24, 10:59   Link #107
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The amount of blood the recruits can lose is ridiculous. Also, be careful with the credits cos of extra scenes
Old Yesterday, 08:13   Link #108
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Man, Peltrola be bussin in Dragon Keeper HQ.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:36   Link #109
Frontier

Yukino, you can't quit! You're voiced by Akarin and we can't lose any beautiful and busty ladies! Besides, what better way to prepare to fight monsters than fighting the monsters that are the Junior Rangers?

Dang, I was really worried about Blue Technician dude catching XX, but he's actually like Hibiki...a really decent and reasonable guy who doesn't want to hurt anyone, human or monster! It looks like he and XX are going to make a genuine connection! Which just makes it worse when he gets vaporized because XX summoned God, or Petrolta, and she realizes almost immediately that she's screwed up and made D's job even harder .

Shion is like Hibiki in the sense that he lost his family, his older brother, to a Boss Monster, and he's like D in the sense that he's focused solely on his revenge and willing to use any means a his disposal to achieve it. Though what dedication to watch every episode of the Sunday Showdown just to find that one Boss Monster .

And D realizes that the Dusters' Bosses might not all be dead...which begs the question of where they've been, why they abandoned the Dusters, and how much else the Keepers have been lying about .

Aizome seems like a genuinely nice girl when she's not kicking your butt, and quite cute to boot, and she gives some solid advice to "Hibiki" .

So the exam is kind of a warped teamwork exercise...not only do you have to steal the keys from the Junior Rangers but you also have to end up betraying your partner and forming a REAL Ranger Group with your betters in order to pass. Pretty devious and brutal, but I guess that fits the Rangers .

Shion ditches D so he'll just form a group with the rest of the Ranger Rejects/Loser Rangers! They'll be the Monster Team! Look at Angel going all in on screwing over the others! I'm so proud of her! Also D reveals himself to Ranmaru who now supports him as a monster, in his own way. Who needs childhood friends when you have Fighter D ?

Of course they don't stand a chance against Suzukiri, with her absolute defense and rapid speed, and she calls out how Yamato is lacking as a possible hero and warrior even compared to his new team (also looks like he has an issue with girls talking about him?). But Suzukiri also loves the unconventional types and the underdog, so she's willing to let them pass anyways .

SUZUKIRI KNOWS!!! That "World Domination" line probably clinched it for her! And now she's thinking about D like a girl head over heels in love !

I guess it makes sense the other team would screw them over and just casually steal their key, it's probably going to dome down to the two teams fighting against each other for all the keys and the group needing to rely on D's ability. Oh, and did we mention Petrolta and XX are cutting through the facility? Get out of there Aizome !
Old Yesterday, 17:15   Link #110
grecefar

Those bastards need to go down. There is still one more day and the worse they are, the sweet is going to be the victory.

Looking forward to it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:54   Link #111
Thor's Hammer

Maybe this is the reason the Dragon Keepers don't stay at the Rangers Headquarters. If they know that Petrolta can come in whenever he wants and murder them in their sleep, staying away from HQ is probably a safety measure to ensure the survival of the Rangers.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote