View Single Post
Old 2015-02-06, 07:27   Link #1
Haigi

Kaettekite mo Fantasy!? (WN)

Original Title: 帰ってきてもファンタジー!?
Romaji: Kaettekite mo Fantasy!?
Alternative Title: Even if I'm back it's still Fantasy!?
Author: Tsukimi Cocoa (月見ココア)
RAW: Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
During a summer, Nakamura Shinichi who is on the way back home suddenly fell into a hole and drifted into fantasy world of Falandia, a world of magic and sword. Over here he lived a harsh life, surviving 2 years full of tragedy, disaster, wars, and scheme before he finally be able to fulfill his objective: to return to his own world. Upon returning, he is shocked to find that the next day after he is drifting, occurrences of drifting started to happen in other places and the government revealed the existence of another world called as Garest and 8 years later, earth is in midst of culture exchanges with them. Shinichi found himself in confusion as the difference of 2 years and 8 years had robbed him so much: his family breaks and his parents divorced; his mother and brother and sister rejects him, his friends grows into adult, his old home are long gone from reconstruction, technology that progressed much, and the after effects of cultural exchanges to earth society... This is the story of an unlucky boy who return to such world.

Hum hum, quite a serious story of a man who finally return to his own world but found that everything has changed. While Shinichi is the type to go on my way, arrogant and a little bit sadistic, he is by nature a kind guy who will help others. He is constantly in a conflict with his own bad luck and as a result often self-torture himself with self-hatred, self-sacrifice, distancing from others, fears of making things worst. Despite his bad stats, an [All Maxed D], he is actually one of the strongest who had been honed in various battlefield and therefore, is pretty sharp and keen. While I don't really like how Protagonist is a masochist, I do like the his cool personality. Although basically a serious one, that doesn't mean this are without light part. What draws me form this story is the theme of "looking for his own whereabout in a changing world", and the "conflict that happened from changes to adapt globalization that move fast". Hope the author will be able to increase the pace and submit new chapters~
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote