View Single Post
Old 2022-06-22, 10:28   Link #229
Alchemist007
*Author

Commentary from another thread, thought I'd continue here.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showpos...&postcount=124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Rose is more like Reccoa to Char. He treated her nicely enough but instead of sticking on the right path, she chose the selfish path and sided with the evil faction that gave her more comfort & convenience only to be...
Spoiler for Zeta Gundam character's fate:
Reccoa was just an asshat ultimately. Even though Emma was more righteous, she was kind of a dull character herself, whose favorite pastimes include slapping and lecturing Kamille and usually doing nothing in combat. As far as female characters go, the most interesting were probably Haman and to a lesser degree Fa. Haman knows what she wants and does what it takes. Fa is still finding her way in this warzone setting but isn't above at least trying to help.

Though I can't say the same for a lot of the rest of the cast, Char was ok but still kind of just...there. Jerid ended up being a one note character who was boring to watch. A shame Katz died like an klutz, almost like the whole reason was just to talk to Sarah again in magical space ghost world.
Kamille is my hands down favorite, despite the existence of literal newtype magic helping him in the end, he doesn't magically become a new personality at any point in regards to his autism, and in typical Gundam fashion, learns the brutalities of war firsthand.

10/10 character stuck in less fantastic story.

7/10 overall.