View Single Post
Old 2016-07-23, 05:47   Link #58
D-Joe

Mirage is part of the show, and this episode is character focused, so we're not out of topic, thanks.
MOD EDIT: Post moved to proper thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriiGV View Post
Nah, I don't think Mirage will win the triangle. She doesn't have the same emotional/inspiring impact that Freyja has on Hayate. At the rate we're going, it's like Hayate and Freyja are Max and Milia 2.0 in the sense that two opposite ends of the war come together to show that they can live in peace (even their character designs hint at it. Blue delta/Red Walkure. Blue and Orange fold waves that are complementary colors). The resonance, now sharing feelings a la Sheryl/Alto, the mp3 player, Hayate's dad Nuking the Windies (strongly hinted at) it all just screams UNMEI.

Also I'd feel pretty cheated if someone won the triangle simply because "the romance was their sole purpose". If we don't get a Freyja end, a sky end would be much better than a Mirage end.

I hardly believe fixing Mirage's problems simply because "here you go, have this boy" would work. Mirage comes off to me like the character that has to learn to stand up by themselves and that they don't need someone to make them happy/validate them. Mirage puts too much importance of legacy and validation. Typically the best resolution in these cases is accepting that you, yourself are enough. Having her win a silly triangle with her problems would be the biggest middle finger towards what an actual relationship should be.

Anyway, that's just how I view it.
You're right about the triangle, and the problem is, the writers still not start develop Mirage when that's what she needs.
I'm pretty sure her fans will be happy if she get some personal development, even she lose the triangle(as pretty likely for now).
Also i don't understand why the writers always let Mirage walks with Hayate, it's like Mirage cannot start up without Hayate.exe because she is Hayate's DLC, she need a moment that she's alone(and not just few seconds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Welcome to the Minmay and Ranka side of the room.
Mirage is in even worst position than both, you can say Minmay and Ranka's development not ended up well(though i think Minmay's development was pretty good even in TV version), but Mirage is basically still in "here is her setting" stage, nothing deep about her has written yet.
It's not about winning or losing the triangle anymore.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-07-23 at 16:06.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote