View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 10:22   Link #60
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Ah, but that is altogether now a different matter. The biggest mistake people do with Suzaku is they mix up what he does with what he thinks.

And I was only talking about why Suzaku does enforce the orders as a Britannian soldier on Japan.

Europe is NOT Japan.

For the Europe part, Suzaku is His Imperial Majesty's Knight. As a soldier, it's his job to mess them up if he wants to keep his position.

Celestial Being's initial goal was to police the world then change it. Suzaku also wants to police Japan so the killing stops THEN start a change without the killing. With his position, he may be able to do so, depending on how the Black Knights fare.

It is highly likely that he does. Area 11 had an open rebellion. Considering the fact that it's Britannia that we're talking about here, Area 11 being reduced to a remedial territory makes logical sense for them, as well as for Suzaku who will possibly have no ability to make any current changes yet.
I still find it interesting that you can, on one hand, still believe Suzaku want Japan to be free one day, yet on the other hand have problem seeing the contradiction in assisting the invasion of another nation.

If Suzaku want to help change Britannia from the inside, helping Britannia invading other free nations is the completely opposite of what you say he is doing. You can't try to stop a crime while committing the same crimes yourself on someone else. If you say Suzaku is trying to change Britannia's colonist ways, then he is actually walking further away from his goal than when he first started.