Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-10, 11:40   Link #1
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

"Harvest Moon" Series

Who here <3's the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory series??? I do!! :3

I recently got Tree of Tranquility, and I need some help!! I'm stuck between two guys to court right now, Gill and Luke!! It's too hard to decide!

PS: What did you name your character? I have a file as a girl, her name is Milfie, and a file as a guy, his name is Oliver

PPS (PS stands for 'post subject,' right?): Please don't bug me about Chase. He is midly attractive, and thats pretty much all I can say right now since I have yet to meet him.
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 11:42   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I have a male character called Kail, whos currently married to (the green hair with the glasses)

2nd play through im gonna marry the silent/shy girl who has blue hair.
Old 2009-06-10, 11:48   Link #3
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

The first girl you mentioned is Phoebe (Pat in the Japanese ver). She's ok, but I support the rival/cannon pairing with her more than the main-character one.

The second one you mentioned is Candace (Kotomi in Japanese ver). I love her!! She's too KYUTE!! In my 'Oliver' file I'm gonna court her when I can make the first rainbow. Do you know how to make a rainbow? I know there are flowers under certain trees that have something to do with it, but thats all I know! I feel pathetic! Can you help?
Old 2009-06-10, 12:35   Link #4
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

If anyone knows how to make a rainbow, then can you please help me?

And also, when Chloe gives you the red stone in the beginning of the game, do you have to keep it? Or can you just go ahead and sell it?
Old 2009-06-10, 14:06   Link #5
Xacual

Which rainbow do you need help with? I've finished ToT already so I could probably help.

You can sell any gift you receive. Only a couple of them are worth holding onto.

Edit: I see you haven't made any rainbows. First thing you have to do is earn enough money so that the mayor comes and visits you, I'm pretty sure he gives you half the quilt talking about the harvest sprites, at that point you need to find and talk to his son. His son will steer you in the direction of the guy who upgrades your house and he'll mention something about the mayor and the clocktower. At this point you need to talk to the mayor when he is inside his house, he'll give you the key to the clocktower and ask you to fix it. Go to the town square and to the clocktower use the key and you'll find the other half of the quilt, now you can water the harvest sprite flowers by their trees to receive rainbow recipes. Just collect the items they ask for and you'll make a rainbow, one harvest sprite tree is right there at the town square too, which is the first rainbow you need to make.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 14:34   Link #6
Shadow Kira01

I have many Harvest Moon games.

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
Rune Factory 2

I have also played other Harvest Moon games with less okay graphics.

Currently, I am not playing any of the Harvest Moon games as that the story advances too slowly. Personally, I like the Rune Factory ones as that it enables battle gameplay. However, I have spent at least several hours on the series, both games.. My swordsmanship is over 15, as well as a number of other skills all around Lv10. Nonetheless, the farm itself looks like barren land with growing crops.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 16:30   Link #7
Sheep

I played the one on SNES and GBA mostly. Making money in the latter is really fun, shipping those pineapples and wondering how much money you'll make. Every time I play it, I want to get that 10 million (was it?) summer house, but I always grow bored around the second or third year when it all becomes a drag.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 17:28   Link #8
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I love Harvest Moon.

I've got:

Harvest Moon (SNES)
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life SE

I'd like to get more of the series, so far Back to Nature is my favourite. I've got a game in progress at the moment, it's Spring Year 2, married to Karen, full farm upgrades, ten of each stock with all the chickens and nearly all the cows at ten hearts. Another season or so and the sheep will all be ten as well.

The farmland is all cleared and where I don't have crops I have grass growing. It's almost time to begin the endless grind to the endgame name, just need to concentrate a bit more on the cooking side of things and get some more recipes.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 17:40   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I love Harvest Moon.

I've got:

Harvest Moon (SNES)
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life SE

I'd like to get more of the series, so far Back to Nature is my favourite. I've got a game in progress at the moment, it's Spring Year 2, married to Karen, full farm upgrades, ten of each stock with all the chickens and nearly all the cows at ten hearts. Another season or so and the sheep will all be ten as well.

The farmland is all cleared and where I don't have crops I have grass growing. It's almost time to begin the endless grind to the endgame name, just need to concentrate a bit more on the cooking side of things and get some more recipes.

don't ya wish you could marry either gender?
Old 2009-06-10, 18:04   Link #10
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I'm a huge Harvest Moon/Rune Factory fanboy.

As for why I love the games, they work hard to provide the player with a constant sense of accomplishment, progress. It's very easy to see yourself making headway, and watch your farm and life transform from a barren nothing to a quaint, successful family wo/man on a prosperous farm, without all the dirt under your nails. The characters are usually lovable, the dialog clever (though not always), and the atmosphere is very happy and welcoming. Sometimes even settling into a routine can be part of the fun; getting your crop cleaned, organized, scheduled so you know when to water, when to harvest, when to take care of the animals, harvest eggs and milk or shear the sheep, when to go to town to buy and sell, when to court your lady of choice and everything constantly builds on that. Events like getting your first animal easily give you a sense of satisfaction.

I've been digging Rune Factory Frontier more than Tree of Tranquility, and I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I find the females more attractive? Or maybe it's because I enjoy the dungeon crawling combat side of it, regardless of how shallow it is. The one thing I don't like about RFF though is the Runey system. It's a good idea, but it was executed poorly, hopefully it'll be tweaked or gotten rid of all together for the next game. I'm glad both Harvest Moon and Rune Factory finally made the jump to Wii, as there is tons of potential there, especially online. I'm super excited for the next Harvest Moon game, Animal Parade for the Wii~
Old 2009-06-10, 19:47   Link #11
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Sorry mate, don't swing that way...

Bring on the Yuri!

Old 2009-06-10, 20:10   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Sorry mate, don't swing that way...

Bring on the Yuri!
ha, just was makin sure now I know for sure.

Yuri is only good when its Canon but straight is the best.

anywyas back on topic. My Favorite Harvest Moon is Friends of Mineral Town

<3 Karen <3
Old 2009-06-10, 21:12   Link #13
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Which rainbow do you need help with? I've finished ToT already so I could probably help.

You can sell any gift you receive. Only a couple of them are worth holding onto.

Edit: I see you haven't made any rainbows. First thing you have to do is earn enough money so that the mayor comes and visits you, I'm pretty sure he gives you half the quilt talking about the harvest sprites, at that point you need to find and talk to his son. His son will steer you in the direction of the guy who upgrades your house and he'll mention something about the mayor and the clocktower. At this point you need to talk to the mayor when he is inside his house, he'll give you the key to the clocktower and ask you to fix it. Go to the town square and to the clocktower use the key and you'll find the other half of the quilt, now you can water the harvest sprite flowers by their trees to receive rainbow recipes. Just collect the items they ask for and you'll make a rainbow, one harvest sprite tree is right there at the town square too, which is the first rainbow you need to make.
I have about 1,000 g right now, how much do I need?
Old 2009-06-10, 21:21   Link #14
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
In the Japanese version of DS Cute, there is a "Best Friend System." With that you have the option to befriend one of the female marriage candidates in the town, as if you were courting them. When they reach 10 friendship points, you can "propose"-- to be best friends. Then there is this little "best friends ceremony," after that she moves into your house. I think thats the closest we'll see Harvest Moon get to homosexual relationships.

But the best friend thing is only in the Japanese version!! Grrr...... Its rather difficult to get your hands on a jap. version of Harvest Moon! >_< (At least, the ones that have already been released in eng. Those are hard to find in Japanese)
Old 2009-06-10, 21:26   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

well sense the people in the game are always straight, I don't see why the gay marrage would be aloud. Just like the Sims and other games like them.

but you can always Imagin
Old 2009-06-10, 21:52   Link #16
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Well, its not technically marriage ._.

(And thanks for killing my hopes and dreams)
Old 2009-06-11, 02:41   Link #17
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I'm a huge fan too. I played Harvest Moon at the Snes, PS1, N64, GBA and the DS. A shame that the only one i managed to finish was the Snes versions. Every other version i stopped playing after i got married. It seems like there's nothing more to do after getting the girl, hehe.

I tried to play one half harvest moon half rpg for DS, but it sucked bad..
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 07:44   Link #18
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
A shame that the only one i managed to finish was the Snes versions. Every other version i stopped playing after i got married. It seems like there's nothing more to do after getting the girl, hehe.
I know.

You work your ass off for the first year. Experience all the festivals whilst single then snag the girl in the first week of the new year and all of a sudden it's just a daily grind to the evaluation after the final year.

Old 2009-06-11, 09:08   Link #19
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Quote:
I know.

You work your ass off for the first year. Experience all the festivals whilst single then snag the girl in the first week of the new year and all of a sudden it's just a daily grind to the evaluation after the final year.

Yeah, once you get married there isn't really much to do.
Old 2009-06-11, 11:22   Link #20
Xacual

You just have to earn 2000g or so.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote