Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-13, 13:02   Link #1
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS (CG Animated) August 2008

Here's the trailer for the new Star Wars animated CG movie, YEP!! you heard it right
For those who didn't know, they really did this.Please post your comments for this new movie.Enjoy!!

In my opinion, this should have been episode 2 instead of the boring 2 and half hour love story they came up with.

http://starwars.com/

Last edited by Kankel; 2008-05-13 at 13:13.
Old 2008-05-13, 13:29   Link #2
Eclipze

The trailer is fantastic, but I kinda question the character designs they used. Something along the lines of FFXII/Starship troopers (CG tv series) would've looked much better and give it a more mature feel. Thats just my preference though.
Old 2008-05-13, 13:45   Link #3
escimo
Paparazzi

Looks rather good. Certainly better than the 3 hour long Dawson's Creek episode that the actual episode 2 was. And HOORAY no Jar Jar. At least not in the trailer. I'll go on a rampage if they bring it to the actual film.
Old 2008-05-13, 13:51   Link #4
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Star Wars has always been at its best when George Lucas lets other creators temper his ideas.

The original Clone Wars (2D animated series) was marvelous except for two things:
- Its self-imposed restraints of five minutes per episode meant things were overly rushed, and it was obvious.
- Its art design and production, creative as it was, was too derivative of other modern works, too far from the typical "Star Wars" style, and most of all, obvious that its stylings were chosen because they suit the modern "budget" animation processes so common today.

I get the same impression about the art for this Clone Wars movie. (Some of) the machinery looks great in action, but the character art is clearly stylized for technical reasons rather than creativity's sake. Some of the layouts of repetitive, firing droids make it obvious that this is budget animation. But hey, you can't make it too good when it's a giant commercial for an upcoming TV series, right? (So why did Reboot's characters look better in the late 1990s?)

And the Hutt clan is now important enough to play an important role in the Clone Wars? This smacks of fanboy pandering.

If there's more story to tell and it's not worth another full movie, let's just have a novel, a comic book, or a better-funded animated series.

I've dealt with ewoks in "Return of the Jedi", just about everything in episodes 1 and 2, and had to dream of "what could have been" with the almost-but-not-quite efforts of episode 3 and the original Clone Wars series. I'm not sure I care to slog through more in hopes of a brief glimmer of the magic.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:47   Link #5
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Looks cool. Anything Star Wars, and I'm all over it.
Old 2008-05-13, 20:10   Link #6
Same_Shark

I saw the trailer during Speed Racer. Looks like it's gonna rock hard!
Old 2008-05-13, 20:45   Link #7
dragon_slave

I'm also slightly skeptical with the character designs used. I've always been a big Star Wars fan ever since I saw Episode IV, so I'm definitely going to see the movie when it releases, but it's this new look is going to take some getting used to.

I hope the plot has more to it than I and II combined did...

~crosses fingers~
Old 2008-05-13, 23:20   Link #8
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The only part I'm skeptical on is the "Jabba's son" bit. But whatever. Sounds like yet another intriguing case of Hutts stabbing people in the back. Not that it's a surprise or anything.

Personally I thought the character designs were pretty cool, and was kind of the the animated series of shorts directly translated into CGI (from the looks of squarish facets on characters faces and the like).