AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 21:05   Link #1
ojamajobrittany

Arkansas anime Festival in springdale!

is anyone here from AR? and if you are, are you going to spingdale on may 24th
? if you are are you going to cosplay? who? i really can't wait!
Old 2008-04-16, 21:36   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought about cosplaying Hillary Clinton but decided I couldn't afford the air fare.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 22:58   Link #3
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojamajobrittany View Post
is anyone here from AR? and if you are, are you going to spingdale on may 24th
? if you are are you going to cosplay? who? i really can't wait!
Come, now, we need more detail about what's going on.

I can only assume that http://www.arkansasanimefestival.com/ is the relevant site (I hit google to find it). I actually live in the area--only a mile away from the event as the crow flies (or four miles as the car drives).

I would normally be very excited about a convention FINALLY being nearby, but... I'm honestly not expecting much. One of the fastest growing areas in the US, sure, but that doesn't mean it's made it to the population saturation that would provide the quality attendees to make this convention a success.

It's also put on by Realms Anime, a small anime-oriented store in the area. I'm not sure what kind of shop it is now, but I haven't stepped foot in there for years since I discovered that the Ghibli soundtrack I was sold happened to be a bootleg copy. It may have been an honest mistake on their part, but I haven't been back to find out if that was the case. (To add insult to injury, the Pocky they sold was expired, Thai produced product that happened to taste awful!)

I'll still go to the convention, though. It can't hurt to see what the local fanbase is like. In fact, I may drop by Realms to see how they've grown (and to see if they're no longer selling bootlegs). I'd like to cosplay, but finding a suitable cosplay target that would accommodate my beard and wouldn't be too much cost/trouble (relative to the expected turnout) might be hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I thought about cosplaying Hillary Clinton but decided I couldn't afford the air fare.
I'd be careful about that. The Clinton hatred ran deep where I'm from, but when I moved up here I found it's often even more extreme. For Arkansans, it's apparently personal.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote