Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-18, 02:35   Link #1
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Cutest Voice Acting

So I've searched for a thread like this and I haven't found any so if there is one, I'd appreciate it if the mods do merge the threads.

For me it has to be Matake Ogata (known as Oga-san) in Shakugan no Shana. Her voice is so different yet so nice.

And the other will be Sakura Kinomoto (known as kaijū) in Cardcaptor Sakura. That is just cuteness to the extreme.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:07   Link #2
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yukana as Tessa Testarossa, so cute, so adorable especially in the TSR OVA.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:13   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Fu-Chan....From Clannad..
Very Cute Voice...
Old 2007-12-18, 03:16   Link #4
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

I'd say Tamura Yukari as Furude Rika from Higurashi desu~. Nipa~
Old 2007-12-18, 03:17   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Rie Kugimiya as many roles. She has this tendency to bring out both Gar tendencies as well as Moe tendencies, all within the same role and make it sound extremely cute in a hotblooded sort of way (If that made no sense then I wouldn't worry about it).

Also, in several roles she does this thing with a slight raise in pitch near the end of a sentence that makes some of her characters sound more naive and therefore more innocent and I supposed moe. Round that out with a clear tendency to ad lib some lines in order to make them more distinct (stutters, mid sentence pitch and tone changes, sudden indications of temperment changes) and I think she does the cutest voice acting for my personal preferences.

Oh and few things beat the Rie Kugimiya character Temper Tantrum. If you've seen her in a role you've probably seen some variation on this. The most common is the Urusai x3, but there's also just plain old crazed rants that make no sense and are borderline incomprehensible mish mashes of chirpy voiced words as her character gets all flustered, but looks really amusing and harmless doing it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:36   Link #6
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Mamiko Noto in just about any of her roles. One of the most adorable voices ever. Though I think Yakumo in School Rumble, and Rin in Inuyasha were her cutest.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 07:13   Link #7
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Rie Kugimiya as many roles. She has this tendency to bring out both Gar tendencies as well as Moe tendencies, all within the same role and make it sound extremely cute in a hotblooded sort of way (If that made no sense then I wouldn't worry about it).

Also, in several roles she does this thing with a slight raise in pitch near the end of a sentence that makes some of her characters sound more naive and therefore more innocent and I supposed moe. Round that out with a clear tendency to ad lib some lines in order to make them more distinct (stutters, mid sentence pitch and tone changes, sudden indications of temperment changes) and I think she does the cutest voice acting for my personal preferences.

Oh and few things beat the Rie Kugimiya character Temper Tantrum. If you've seen her in a role you've probably seen some variation on this. The most common is the Urusai x3, but there's also just plain old crazed rants that make no sense and are borderline incomprehensible mish mashes of chirpy voiced words as her character gets all flustered, but looks really amusing and harmless doing it.
I second that she's just way too much to handle, her voice that is
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 08:05   Link #8
cyth
Banned

My favorite "cutesy" voices would have to be Hasegawa Akiko's performance of Hoshii Miki from The Idolmaster. That was the last one to set my "voice cuteness" standard a lot higher. One other I'd like to make a note of is Kusayanagi Junko's performance of Naruse Ayuka from Hajimete no Otetsudai (Studio Ring). She did a fuckton of other eroge as well, but this particular one grabbed my attention. Kugimiya Rie ranks somewhere high as well.

I love many voices, but most of my favorite seiyuu (like Inoue Marina, Itou Miki) don't do too good with traditionally cutesy ones, even though I'm all moe about them. Bokuppoi voices have a special place in my heart. :3
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 10:16   Link #9
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Horie Yui hands down. Hanyuu from Higurashi and Ayu from Kanon. I could list more, but I think those two roles cover my reasoning completely.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 12:22   Link #10
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Yui Horie as Ayu has one of the most innocent and naive voice ever

Almost anything done by Rie Kugimiya is cute..
Old 2007-12-18, 12:42   Link #11
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

In summary, Rie Kumigiya's tsundere voice acting is epic.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:16   Link #12
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Lol, I third - fourth or fifth if necessary - Kugimiya Rie. She's one of my favorites VAs and I just love her voice. As said, it's either "Woot" or "Awwww" with her, so you get the best of two worlds.

I'll also have to agree with The Chaos here. Fu-chan's voice really brought out her character as a whole. I'm always amazed at the great choices for VAs that KyoAni has, also pointing out the great roles played by Hirano Aya, Misao's and Patty's VAs which, to me, were full of win.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:27   Link #13
deltakano
1つの愛

Chi from Chobits, Quon from Rahxephon or Yukino from Kare Kano.
deltakano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 14:20   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Lol, I third - fourth or fifth if necessary - Kugimiya Rie. She's one of my favorites VAs and I just love her voice. As said, it's either "Woot" or "Awwww" with her, so you get the best of two worlds.

I'll also have to agree with The Chaos here. Fu-chan's voice really brought out her character as a whole. I'm always amazed at the great choices for VAs that KyoAni has, also pointing out the great roles played by Hirano Aya, Misao's and Patty's VAs which, to me, were full of win.
Lot's of studios have a history of choosing solid casts. Toei in particular has had a history of pulling together all star casts for their series. In fact one of my favourite "Cute Voices", Yuko Minaguchi become a fixture in their series. She has a sort of nasal pitch to her voice, but not in an annoying way, that let's her characters sound quite whimsical.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 14:56   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Chiwa Saito: many many roles --- but PPD:Becky and TMP:Hazuki, eh?
Old 2007-12-18, 15:07   Link #16
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

Kana Hanazawa as Sora Kajiwara is the cutest voice I've ever heard in anime. Mako as Yurie Hitotsubashi was really cute as well.
I used to like Noto Mamiko's voice too but after hearing her in so many roles it just started annoying me.
Old 2007-12-18, 15:22   Link #17
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I find cuteness in anime to be too much for me in like 95% of the cases and find a lot of "cute voices" more annoying than music to my ears but Noto Mamiko is great. She can sound insanely cute without also sounding (at least somewhat) retarded, something that is surprisingly rare. And her voice is instantly recognisable.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:03   Link #18
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

For me it's Mai Nakahara as Nagisa in Clannad and Rena in Higurashi.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:58   Link #19
Khaos

Wink

I love Amakase Minatsu's voice from Da Capo II, it's different from most commen voices and it's extremely cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGd2ts06VTc

Last edited by Khaos; 2007-12-20 at 04:10.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:10   Link #20
Siegel Clyne

Pantsu Pantsu Pantsu Pantsu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltakano View Post
Chi from Chobits, Quon from Rahxephon or Yukino from Kare Kano.
Seiyuu for these characters...

Chi (Chii): Tanaka Rie
Kisaragi Quon: Kuwashima Houko
Miyazawa Yukino: Enomoto Atsuko
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote